• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone recommend a particularly good Nascar race?

I normally go to an F1 race every year but to be honest I have no faith than it's going to be any less shit next year than it is this year... so I'm thinking of doing something a bit different.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Formula E race just cemented it as the most entertaining track racing series out there tbh. It's consistently awesome, very varied and unpredictable, and with a race like this... move over IndyCar, the most bonkers high level open wheels action is to be found here.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
That Formula E race just cemented it as the most entertaining track racing series out there tbh. It's consistently awesome, very varied and unpredictable, and with a race like this... move over IndyCar, the most bonkers high level open wheels action is to be found here.
Nuff said.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
really fun race so far. 97 has been fighting his way though the field. Go Nicki!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bit of chaos in MotoGP due to the weather, race has been delayed so I will DVR it as it runs into F1 at this point. There was rain shortly before the start and due to the banking of the track one side is very wet, the other is practically dry. Half the grid gonna get fucked hard at the start at this rate stating on the wet side.

Oct 30, 2017
The Ulster Grand Prix reclaimed the title as the World's Fastest Motorcycle Road Race.

Peter Hickman just set a new lap record: An average speed of 136.415 mph (219.5 kmh). Quite a bit faster than the current Isle of Man TT lap record.

It's pretty stunning how fast these old road races are compared to the MotoGP circuits. The average speed on Phillip Island is just 113 mph.

Doesn't get much better than this

Last edited:

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa! Road racing is for the insane.

super.modulaire Do you know if there is any onboard / full lap footage out there? I would like to see how the circuit compares to the Isle of Man TT.

Oct 30, 2017
Last edited:

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
The BBC just posted a onboard-video of the record-breaking lap. The camera is mounted a bit too low and the field of view is too big for my taste but it's spectacular nonetheless

Thanks for the link. The amount of speed he carries through those corners is impressive, even if the wide fov is messing with the sense of speed.

Oct 30, 2017
275+ km/h slide on wet roads @ Ulster Grand Prix. Fastest corner on the circuit.

ezgif-5-5e8d380b49d9kvkig.gif

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
After 20 years, the Brazilian Stock Car championship will move back to modified street cars next year instead of the current formula, with cars made of metal tubes and glass fiber. Yesterday Toyota announced that they're joining the series, and today they released the first shots of the prototype of the car they're planing to use, which can be seen here. My guess is that the car will look different, because that's the old model. The 2020 Corolla is already out, so...

toyota-corolla-da-stock-car-20.jpg

Currently GM is the only manufacturer on the grid, but there are talks of another company joining the series for the next year. Rumors pointing at the FCA group. If that's the case, they'll probably use the Fiat Cronos.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
The final round of wrc 2019, rally Australia, was canceled due to the fires in NSW. bummer, but at least the champion was decided after Wales (tanak)

Oct 27, 2017
There is racing almost around the clock this weekend.

F1 in Brazil, MotoGP in Spain and F3, WTCR, GT, bikes and some other classes in Macau.

Oct 27, 2017
Vips takes pole for the quali-race in Macau.

Ticktum will have a hard time to make it three in a row from P13. I'm afraid that he might take too many chances tomorrow to gain places to prove himself after being dropped by Red Bull.

Oct 27, 2017
Big crash in the Macau motorcycle GP. It looked like there were 5-6 bikes involved.

Edit: No restart

Last edited: