• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
How are yall feeling about them removing PayPal for payment options? I'm kinda mad.

Does anyone know why some of the annual subs haven't been switch over to the 3 movie limit yet?

I have 2 accounts and one was moved over to the 3 movie limit (expires Nov), but the other one hasn't yet. (Expires Dec)
How do you check?

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know why some of the annual subs haven't been switch over to the 3 movie limit yet?

I have 2 accounts and one was moved over to the 3 movie limit (expires Nov), but the other one hasn't yet. (Expires Dec)

I've heard that people that got it through CostCo got to keep the original terms. Not sure if that's still holding, though.

They're doing another reverse split lol...500-1 this time. Bonkers.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...paign=headline&cmpId=yhoo.headline&yptr=yahoo

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
How are yall feeling about them removing PayPal for payment options? I'm kinda mad.
How do you check?

If you go to Account Details at the bottom it will tell you how many movies left in the current billing cycle and also if you go into Plan and Billing it will show your plan as "Monthly".

My main account shows 0 movies remaining and says it is monthly with a renewal on Sept 24 @ $0 (which I hopes end up being true since I should be covered until November). However my other account does not have the movie per cycle information and in Plan and Billing it still shows it as "Annual". I bought both of these directly through the site. It's not all bad except on the annual plan they still have ticket verification so I am still a bit restricted.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well the whole reason I cancelled a week ago was to beat the next billing date the app said was coming up. Then the billing date comes and even though I'd already cancelled, they charge me again.
Did the same thing to my Uncle. Luckily, I recently replaced my card so they didn't get a chance to charge me again.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I can check in just fine atm.

Hmm, looks like I can now again too. It wasn't working about two hours ago and the only other time I had a problem was when they ran out of money so I assumed that was the case again. Saw other people on Reddit complaining too since yesterday. Oh well.

Oct 28, 2017
So I should be able to check in without taking a picture of my stub now that I'm on the new 3/month plan, right? I want to see Mandy tonight but MoviePass has decided I should not be able to.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So I should be able to check in without taking a picture of my stub now that I'm on the new 3/month plan, right? I want to see Mandy tonight but MoviePass has decided I should not be able to.
Should, yeah. My first movie on the new 3/month plan was the first time I didn't have to take a picture of my ticket stub since Infinity War. YMMV though. I think I've seen a few cases of people still getting hit with ticket verification for some reason, but it's rare.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
On the AMC pass right now. It's an extra 10 minute drive to the closest AMC vs. the closest (good) other theater, and it's an extra $10 a month, so we'll see if it gets as much use as I got out of Moviepass. But knowing I can make the hour and a half drive if I want and see movies in Dolby or IMAX and it still be free? I think I'll like this.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
On the AMC pass right now. It's an extra 10 minute drive to the closest AMC vs. the closest (good) other theater, and it's an extra $10 a month, so we'll see if it gets as much use as I got out of Moviepass. But knowing I can make the hour and a half drive if I want and see movies in Dolby or IMAX and it still be free? I think I'll like this.
Yes, you can watch Dolby and IMAX at no additional charge.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Yea your closest good theater is an hour and a half away? Sometimes I take living in SoCal for granted. I have an AMC Dolby 5 minutes from my house, and plenty of other options around too..

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, that was poorly worded. The closest decent theater to me is about 20 minutes away, but no Dolby/IMAX there and it isn't an AMC. The closest AMC is about 30 minutes away, but again no IMAX/Dolby as it is an AMC classic. The closest theater that has Dolby/IMAX is the one that is an hour and a half away.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but don't they have some sketchy "convenience fees" now or something?
Sinemia gives you the option to buy tickets online from standard theater online systems if you desire, rather than going to the theater and buying the ticket there. Those systems charge convenience fees, and Sinemia's subscription doesn't cover them, so if your theater charges an extra $1 to order tickets online, then Sinemia pays for it and then charges you that $1.

One thing people should note, if they want to use Sinemia for premium movies - their "Elite" plan (which is still limited to 3 movies per month) lets you see any of those movies in 3D, but if you want a more deluxe showing (IMAX or Dolby or whatever) it only lets you see one deluxe movie per month.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Sinemia gives you the option to buy tickets online from standard theater online systems if you desire, rather than going to the theater and buying the ticket there. Those systems charge convenience fees, and Sinemia's subscription doesn't cover them, so if your theater charges an extra $1 to order tickets online, then Sinemia pays for it and then charges you that $1.

One thing people should note, if they want to use Sinemia for premium movies - their "Elite" plan (which is still limited to 3 movies per month) lets you see any of those movies in 3D, but if you want a more deluxe showing (IMAX or Dolby or whatever) it only lets you see one deluxe movie per month.

No, there were reports that Sinemia itself started charging their own convenience fees on top of the ticket brokers. For instance:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sinemia/co...rly_states_it_is_000/?st=jmgqszdf&sh=450e7391

but it seems like it's mainly those with physical cards (which they don't do anymore) or outside the US. Still shady.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Tried Sinemia for the first time, it was a bit tricky at first but it worked perfectly fine.
Yeah, it is a bit odd. Especially with cardless. But if you have the ticket app on the phone it is rather easy once you get used to it. Not as simple as checking into movie and using card at kiosk, but simple enough to work.
And at least you can buy tickets early.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Rockin AMC and MoviePass right now still. Use AMC all the time and use MoviePass for my dates esp since you can just buy whatever tickets now

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
New email I just got, saying they are resubbing me even though I cancelled (lol):
Dear Parthenios,

First of all, we would like to thank you for being one of our most loyal members. People like you are true visionaries – early adopters who are making their imprint on the entertainment landscape.

Together, we have changed the way people across the country expect to be entertained – and your voice has been heard by all of the major theater chains and Hollywood studios alike.

Because of you, we remain – by far – the largest theatrical subscription service in the country today.

In August 2018, we announced a new offering for three movies a month for $9.95, giving subscribers the ability to opt-in to this plan if they wanted to continue as a MoviePass subscriber. However, our records show that you have not yet taken any action on the new plan, and because of that your subscription was suspended and your monthly subscription charges have stopped.

Because we really hope you begin enjoying your MoviePass subscription again, we have chosen you to be a part of a select test group, who beginning Friday, October 5th will be restored to unlimited movies (up to one new movie title per day based on existing inventory) the same subscription that you signed up for and you previously enjoyed. If you decide that you do not want this you must "opt out" before Thursday, October 4th at 9:00 p.m. EDT.

To be clear, unless you opt out, your unlimited subscription will be restored and you will begin enjoying unlimited movies again (up to 1 movie per day, based on existing inventory) at $9.95 per month, and your credit card on file will be charged on a monthly basis beginning Friday, October 5th, 2018.

If you do opt out of the restoration of your subscription to the unlimited plan, your subscription will be canceled and no longer held in a "suspended" status, and you will not be able to re-join until 9 months have passed.

Thanks for believing in us – see you at the movies!

The MoviePass Team

"Based on current inventory" can I not see any movie I want?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I just logged into the app for the first time since Ant-man and the Wasp (what was that, May or June?) and I can't see a single movie, at any theater in 50 miles, that I could see. So they're going to resub my cancelled account but then I can't see any movies? What the hell

blue_whale

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, just in case, when I cancelled, I called the credit card company to put a stop on any transactions from the Moviepass merchant.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
So I cancelled months ago. Do I need to watch my credit card to make sure they don't re-enroll me in the service? How are they even allowed to do something like that?

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I just logged into the app for the first time since Ant-man and the Wasp (what was that, May or June?) and I can't see a single movie, at any theater in 50 miles, that I could see. So they're going to resub my cancelled account but then I can't see any movies? What the hell

That's the gist of the service yeah.

If you want to see a movie with movie pass what you do these days is go to buy tickets early, check into whatever the fuck and then purchase the ticket you actually want

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
I think my current issue with MoviePass is I'll see a movie available after work and by the time I get ready to leave for the theater it's no longer available.

What's that about? I can't really leave work and drive 30 minutes round trip at 10 AM to get tickets for a 7 PM showing so it's frustrating.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I think my current issue with MoviePass is I'll see a movie available after work and by the time I get ready to leave for the theater it's no longer available.

What's that about? I can't really leave work and drive 30 minutes round trip at 10 AM to get tickets for a 7 PM showing so it's frustrating.

What I started to do, if the option exists... just check-in to whatever is available and buy a ticket to the movie I want to see.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
What I started to do, if the option exists... just check-in to whatever is available and buy a ticket to the movie I want to see.

Then just hope they don't ask you to take a photo of your ticket, right?

I really want to see A Simple Favor and The House With a Clock in its Walls and they pulled that shit twice on me.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
My girlfriend's app is now telling her that they suspect she's using the app on a new phone (she's not), and that if she wants to log in, it'll prevent her from actually using the features for a month.

Of course, customer service is a joke, so she has no real recourse at this point. I told her to tweet to them, but who knows if that'll do anything.

Oct 28, 2017
I've just received a message from them about "Bonus" movies that don't count toward the monthly limit. Is this a new thing or did I miss it? Only a super limited movie covered by it I think right now, but maybe future promo movies will be viewable.