• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
All in all, the only billing period I lost on was the time right before the big break and then the return.

Glad I caved and ended up getting the Victory pass anyway.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
MoviePass died, so that AMC A-List and Regal Unlimited could live.

Bravo to this very stupid company, that basically paid me to see movies for an entire year.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Joined a couple years back when they dropped to unlimited $9.99/month. Got to see a shit-ton of movies. Stayed until they started the fuckery and switched to the upstart AMC A-List. Great deal that continues to deliver.

Grateful that they kickstarted movie subscription service into the mainstream.

cake

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Moviepass. I subbed for a few years at $35 before they dropped it to $10 and everyone signed up and you all ruined it, and it was wonderful in those years. Kinda sad to see it die, but AMC A-List is fucking great so I'll manage.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cinemark Movie Club has been a nice option for me. Not sure if that is a chain for most of you. But no online fees really adds up over time.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I almost signed up about a year and a half ago. Cinemark has a deal too like tophat said but the closest one to me is about 40 minutes away and I can't be bothered to drive that far after work in the cold just to use it.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
MoviePass died so A-List could live. While I definitely miss frequenting the many indie theaters of NYC, A-List gets me 90% of the way there with much nicer theaters, much better sound, picture, and just a better overall experience.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Loved it while it was still viable. Since moved to Regal Unlimited, which is really great. What I do miss, though, is the ability to go to any theater. Haven't been to Moviehouse + Tavern in a long time, and I really like that place. Oh well. RIP.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Moviepass was incredible for that year. They led to Regal Unlimited which has been less special, but still a great benefit.

I feel like they should have known bankruptcy was coming, but what do I know?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Loved it while it was still viable. Since moved to Regal Unlimited, which is really great. What I do miss, though, is the ability to go to any theater. Haven't been to Moviehouse + Tavern in a long time, and I really like that place. Oh well. RIP.

yes, i would rather go to classic cinemas honestly....they are much closer and more value friendly on the popcorn/drink.

Regal Unlimited still charges fricken convenience fees which is some major BS, epecially when i usually bring my brother along. I would have continued to use A-List, but after I moved the drive is too far now.

However regal you can abuse the free small popcorn and upgrade to a large for $2

So i guess its really a wash overall

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Moviepass being for virtually every theater including the small independent ones was definitely one of the best advantages.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
First year I did MoviePass (like 7 years ago) it was glorious. It was a shell of its former self even 5 years ago. But I have Regal Unlimited now and I am happy!

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
I was just reminiscing about MoviePass yesterday.. good times. Bet it's gonna sound crazy when I describe it to people in like 10 years.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was in it from the very beginning (though after the initial failed "voucher" period). Even at $30, where it started in NYC, it was a steal. Even when it crept up to $45 I stuck it out. At $50 I jumped off, started using AMC Black Tickets, then jumped back on and went HARD at $9.99. Felt like highway robbery the entire time. A-List still does, to an extent. Good times.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, they filed for chapter 7, not 11, which means they weren't even gonna try to save the company and just burn it all down.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Lol fully expected this bump to be some new asinine prolonging of this tortured saga. Was a great ride while it lasted and I'll forever thank them for leading to a world were I have Regal Unlimited and effortlessly see an ungodly amount of movies.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
When I signed up for Moviepass, the card I used declined. There was no way to update it. Then I noticed my account was active and they just never bothered to charge me each month. I used the service for close to a year, until I fired up a chat to report a theater issue and they cancelled my card after letting me see that movie free too.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Damn I really regret missing out on this in its prime
You should try AMC A-List:
www.resetera.com

AMC Theaters |OT| A-List Subscription Service

With AMC Stubs A-List, it’s easy to make FREE online reservations anytime for up to 3 movies every week. Choose any format, including IMAX® and Dolby Cinema. There are no blackout dates. You could have a triple feature in one day, or watch movies throughout the week. If you really, really like...