• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Well I got signed up finally but is the app wonky or something?

I'm not seeing any listings for e-tickets or reserved seating...seen pics of other people's apps that have that listed at the top.

Weird.

Rufio

Oct 27, 2017
so after 30 or so movies, i finally signed up for the premium stubs instead of the free version.

i've seen 2 movies this week, flower and unsane, and i got 1,410 points per movie compared to the 250 or whatever with the free account.

my god i should have done this sooner. i'm at $10 already with 12k points.

I was always hesitant to sign up for premium because i figured moviepass would be dead by now. but damn if they arent hanging around.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
I keep sleeping on the deals and then when I decide to buy they're gone.

Gonna have to pick up on the next sale

markhimself

Nov 6, 2017
Boston, MA
So I used this for the first time last Saturday to see Game Night. I can't believe it worked so flawlessly. Checked in to my movie while I was in the lobby, walked up to a kiosk, picked my seat, swiped my card, and I was good to go. I've seen plenty of complaints about how janky the app can be and the card sometimes not working, but man when this thing works, it's amazing. I plan on seeing a ton of movies this year with it (please don't go out of business, Moviepass).

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
so after 30 or so movies, i finally signed up for the premium stubs instead of the free version.

i've seen 2 movies this week, flower and unsane, and i got 1,410 points per movie compared to the 250 or whatever with the free account.

my god i should have done this sooner. i'm at $10 already with 12k points.

I was always hesitant to sign up for premium because i figured moviepass would be dead by now. but damn if they arent hanging around.

Isn't AMC going around and blocking Moviepass users, though? That's the only reason I'd be hesitant to sign up for Premiere.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No. They are not, nor have they ever. Some early bluster got blown out of proportion.
So I used this for the first time last Saturday to see Game Night. I can't believe it worked so flawlessly. Checked in to my movie while I was in the lobby, walked up to a kiosk, picked my seat, swiped my card, and I was good to go. I've seen plenty of complaints about how janky the app can be and the card sometimes not working, but man when this thing works, it's amazing. I plan on seeing a ton of movies this year with it (please don't go out of business, Moviepass).
This is a newer app. Far less janky. The previous app was around for about 7 years and was rarely updated.

Nov 9, 2017
Isn't AMC going around and blocking Moviepass users, though? That's the only reason I'd be hesitant to sign up for Premiere.

I got flagged within 2 weeks getting Premiere, but I earned $43 worth of points already.

I figured going to AMC at most twice at week won't get your account flagged, so I got another Premiere account.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Does anyone know if I can I preorder tickets at regal's kiosks? Or only at the counter?

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I saw somewhere they dropped the price temporarily to $7 a month, but can't find a link to get that price

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
If you use MoviePass the way I do with Movie Reward Programs, you would get it at 9.99.

I earned enough AMC points to get 4 Dolby Cinema tickets the past 2 weeks.

Plus, Infinity War is coming up.
I know. I'm being dumb.

It's a goddamn steal at 9.99 but I know right when I buy at 9, it will go to 6.99 the next day.

Nov 9, 2017
I know. I'm being dumb.

It's a goddamn steal at 9.99 but I know right when I buy at 9, it will go to 6.99 the next day.

I'd wait 2 weeks before Infinity War. If there isn't a special sale, I'd order MoviePass. Might as well if you're watching Infinity War.

Plus, there are good movies that came out. Blockers, A Quiet Place.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone who lives in close proximity to a theater ever tried checking in and then ordering online?

I can check in at my work, but can't actually leave to go buy tickets, so I was gonna try and buy online. I know it's against their TOS but I wonder if they'd ever be able to tell.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
No. They are not, nor have they ever. Some early bluster got blown out of proportion.

Sorry, I stated that wrong. I meant they were blocking Stubs members from using rewards (or I guess flagging them) because it's written in their TOS that Stubs is not eligible with Moviepass, not that AMC is blocking Moviepass from working altogether.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be that guy and say: People, please stop trying to use MoviePass for something that it is not designed for/against it's TOS. You're going to ruin it for the rest of us when they start removing theaters or making it harder to see normal movies.

Stop trying to buy advance tickets. Stop trying to use the cash for food or nonsupported tickets. Please :(

(You're welcome to ignore this, and I'm sure most will, but I keep seeing questions about the above and wanted to at least try to make an appeal to people).

whooter

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I stated that wrong. I meant they were blocking Stubs members from using rewards (or I guess flagging them) because it's written in their TOS that Stubs is not eligible with Moviepass, not that AMC is blocking Moviepass from working altogether.

My local AMC will not let me use my Moviepass in conjunction with my Stubs Premiere card to buy tickets. If I want to use MP, I can't get points on tickets. It's also why I'm letting my Stubs Premiere subscription lapse, and I've told them why. /shrug

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got ya. I think only for people really abusing Stubs. Tons of people were talking about how they'd just check in to movies and not go every day simply for the points. Lots of people like to ruin a good thing.

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know. I'm being dumb.

You're crazy. There is no monthly deal cheaper than $10. The only other offers they extend are annual passes. You're paying it all up front. Just get it now if you want to use it.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
My local Landmark is within walking distance, so I jumped in with the new deal. With e-ticketing, do I still have to be within spitting distance of the theater to reserve tickets? I know I still need to reserve on the same day.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to assume the app is going to be broken a few days after updates. App updated earlier today. Reserved a ticket while at the theater, said it was good to go. Card declined. Happened to two other people in line, too.

I really love the service when it works, but things seem to break often.

whooter

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else get an email about taking pictures of your stub after buying?

I have not had them request that from me in the 9 months I've had it.. I have sent those in when being reimbursed for having to pay for the ticket myself after the MP system was down or something.

I had heard they do that if they suspect someone is gaming the system or violating TOS. Don't know if they do random spot chcks or not.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had heard they do that if they suspect someone is gaming the system or violating TOS. Don't know if they do random spot chcks or not.
They might be rolling it out to everyone eventually.

From the email
Why was I chosen to be a part of this?

Beta testing new features such as this is how we learn where we can adapt our app to be safer and more effective for our members. We hope you understand that as a randomly selected participant, we rely on your help and feedback.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Just got an email today also about stub pictures. Hope this goes smoothly. Do not want to deal with customer service if there are issues from this.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Went to check in to a movie tonight and got an error that my session is expired, it told me to log back in. So I do that and then get some error about 'response type plain text does not match acceptable type application/json' or something like that. Tried again a few more times and then it said "we couldn't find a user with your credentials." Then tried resetting my password and that didn't work at all - no password reset email. No reply from customer service after two hours now...

Ugh. There goes my plans for tonight. Not sure if this is related to the ticket stub verification thing or just their service being buggy.