• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I noticed we don't have a thread here about the movies anywhere app (not sure if its in some other thread in the case we have a digital movie thread or not, I wouldn't know and i'll ask for a close if there is) But for those of you who do not know https://moviesanywhere.com is a site where you can link most of your digital movie collections (in the usa only i believe, if anyone can correct me i'll fix it ) and some benefits come from this, like today i realized all of my SD movies for some reason got converted into HD on youtube (via googleplay link) and some into 4k via youtube and itunes. I'm not sure if this can be a place where we discuss the app/program and a place to maybe discuss cheap prices for digital movies since if they can be linked, thats multiple platforms to share movies with friends and families with.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone own Kingdom of Heaven on Movies Anywhere but haven't had It port to iTunes?

Ursus007

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lausanne, Swizterland
Movies Anywhere**

** Only in US.

Honestly it's almost shameful how we don't get any of the good stuff (Switzerland here) despite living in the age of Internet. No Vudu, no Hulu, Amazon Prime and Netflix with half the library.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
This thread seems super dead, but it's worth a shot: I set up my MA account today, and when I redeemed my Kong: Skull Island code, from a regular Blu-Ray, it said "Redeemed: 4K," but it didn't say that with any of my other movies. Why is that?

Also: my Get Out code said "this code is not valid" on the Universal redeem site. Anybody else had this issue? I bought it from Amazon.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread seems super dead, but it's worth a shot: I set up my MA account today, and when I redeemed my Kong: Skull Island code, from a regular Blu-Ray, it said "Redeemed: 4K," but it didn't say that with any of my other movies. Why is that?

Also: my Get Out code said "this code is not valid" on the Universal redeem site. Anybody else had this issue? I bought it from Amazon.

I had that issue with my Get Out Steelbook, turns out they got the codes mixed up so the one on the back of the digital code paper, which is for some survey or something, is actually the one for the movie.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
I had that issue with my Get Out Steelbook, turns out they got the codes mixed up so the one on the back of the digital code paper, which is for some survey or something, is actually the one for the movie.

Oh wow, yep, that totally worked. Now I kind of wish I hadn't just emailed Universal customer support.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Another "this is a weird MA troubleshooting issue" post: I bought a John Wick 2 code online, and input it on the studio's website. It took a little while, but it's now in my VUDU library, but this was a couple days ago, and it's still not showing up in my iTunes library. Do I have to get iTunes to "sync" or something for it to show up? Or is this not a Movies Anywhere title and I messed up by doing it through the studio's website instead of iTunes?

machine

Oct 25, 2017
Another "this is a weird MA troubleshooting issue" post: I bought a John Wick 2 code online, and input it on the studio's website. It took a little while, but it's now in my VUDU library, but this was a couple days ago, and it's still not showing up in my iTunes library. Do I have to get iTunes to "sync" or something for it to show up? Or is this not a Movies Anywhere title and I messed up by doing it through the studio's website instead of iTunes?

John Wick 2 is a Lionsgate film. They aren't participating in MA (yet) so you are stuck. You really have to pay attention right now because as mentioned Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate are not part of MA at this point so wherever you redeem them is more are less where you are stuck with them.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
John Wick 2 is a Lionsgate film. They aren't participating in MA (yet) so you are stuck. You really have to pay attention right now because as mentioned Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate are not part of MA at this point so wherever you redeem them is more are less where you are stuck with them.
What a strange, unintuitive world. Thank you!

shanafan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ypsilanti, MI
Just an FYI.. for the 4K version of It, you have to redeem it in Movies Anywhere to get UHD. Doing so, UHD will be in Vudu and iTunes.

If you redeem it in Vudu only though, it will redeem as HD.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
After four months of Movies Anywhere, this is literally the best thing to happen to digital movies since Netflix and I hope that the other studios will come on board sooner rather than later.

Also, a reminder that Disney Movies Anywhere shuts down today so migrate your account if you haven't done so already!

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone own Kingdom of Heaven on Movies Anywhere but haven't had It port to iTunes?

Hahaha holy shit, I have this exact issue. MoviesAnywhere tells me to talk to iTunes and iTunes says they can't do anything since they just receive the movies through the service.

It's shown up everywhere except iTunes, even through multiple disconnects and reconnects

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
After four months of Movies Anywhere, this is literally the best thing to happen to digital movies since Netflix and I hope that the other studios will come on board sooner rather than later.

Also, a reminder that Disney Movies Anywhere shuts down today so migrate your account if you haven't done so already!

Agree. It's sad that it took so many years to get to this point. I always prefer to stream or cast using the MA app now - it's so much more robust than the Vudu one. The main studio I'm missing right now is Paramount - have there been any updates on when/if they will add their catalog to MA?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hahaha holy shit, I have this exact issue. MoviesAnywhere tells me to talk to iTunes and iTunes says they can't do anything since they just receive the movies through the service.

It's shown up everywhere except iTunes, even through multiple disconnects and reconnects
Mine has shown up as of a couple weeks ago.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
I would really like this service to come to Europe (specifically Ireland). I hate having to switch between different services all the time.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
One of the things which is absolutely crazy is that you can add to Movies Anywhere through the Vudu Disc 2 Digital thing. So you scan a DVD barcode, pay $5 and you have a HD copy of the DVD on the streaming services.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
FandangoNow just joined Movies Anywhere. If you go to the manage retailers tab on MA, you can now link your FN account. I had a couple Disney movies that I picked up for cheap which were trapped in my FN account so this is pleasant news.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
FandangoNow just joined Movies Anywhere. If you go to the manage retailers tab on MA, you can now link your FN account. I had a couple Disney movies that I picked up for cheap which were trapped in my FN account so this is pleasant news.

Thanks for the heads up. I wish Microsoft would join, but since they left DMA shortly before it switched over I doubt it's happening soon.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

hey what happen?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Anything true about UHD movies from FN getting overwrote as HD during the migration?

Yes it pertains to movies that were UHD in FN but HD in Vudu, which made them HD in MA.

Examples:

Inferno
Life
Passengers
The Shallows
Smurfs: The Lost Village
Underworld: Blood Wars

Rather than have these be both UV and MA like Vudu, they flipped the switch to MA, so they lost the UV UHD entitlement and switched to HD.. matching what was in MA.

I'm disappointed to have linked mine before reading about this.

Last edited:

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I got it myself after first hearing about it, linked up my Amazon and iTunes libraries. Nice to have most of my digital library consolidated into one place.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Thanks for the heads up. I wish Microsoft would join, but since they left DMA shortly before it switched over I doubt it's happening soon.
Oh, they left DMA? I didn't realize that, I just thought they never made the jump. Was wondering if they were gonna finally join in, but I guess that probably answers that.

Still wondering when the hell Paramount and Lionsgate will join in, particularly Paramount. Got a few movies from them stuck in VUDU only.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I've been enjoying this service a lot. It solved my biggest issues with Bluray. I don't want to rip crap. I know the digital version aren't as good, but I'm not a fidelity guy like that. However, if I do want to watch on disc, I can do that too.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
At this point can I trust that if a movie says it is 4K in iTunes it really is or are there still weird glitches with that?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
At this point can I trust that if a movie says it is 4K in iTunes it really is or are there still weird glitches with that?

For buying it, it's fine.

For determining if you have it in 4K, you pretty much have to play it on Apple TV then either swipe up or down (forget) to see what it's playing at.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know why Ghibli releases don't offer digital copies? It is another Japan thing? Japan always seems years behind with digital stuff.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
When the hell will consoles get a MoviesAnywhere app?

Been over seven months since the service launched. Lets get this shit going!

Also, Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate need to hurry the f up too. Paramount needs all the cash they can get with all the bombs that they've put out in the last few years.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

Also, Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate need to hurry the f up too. Paramount needs all the cash they can get with all the bombs that they've put out in the last few years.
Because Vudu is better anyway.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

The website works on Xbox One X.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Well, Movies Anywhere has a better selection of special features than Vudu. That's my main reason for wanting it, as silly as that sounds.

Dude! Going to do this now. Thanks!

Make sure you uncheck the option to let apps add a border if you do this. I haven't tried it with the updated version of Edge that is in the current update, but the older version of the browser it helped IIRC.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Well, Movies Anywhere has a better selection of special features than Vudu. That's my main reason for wanting it, as silly as that sounds.

Dude! Going to do this now. Thanks!
Not that silly. That's why I like using iTunes best because of the great "Extras" and presentation that many titles get.

Vudu is starting to get better though. I see more and more titles include extras.
Also it supports 4K which none of the MA apps do.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Not that silly. That's why I like using iTunes best because of the great "Extras" and presentation that many titles get.

Vudu is starting to get better though. I see more and more titles include extras.
Also it supports 4K which none of the MA apps do.
Yea, it seems like almost every new release gets extras on Vudu now. Makes me happy. But MA is killing it including pretty much every extra that were on the DVD's. Itunes does that well too.

Do you use Apple TV? Maybe I'll get one.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
All of my Sony titles that were downgraded when FandangoNow switched from UV to MA have been restored. It just happened on its own at some point. They had been downgraded b/c the inherited UHD entitlement from UV/Sony was abandoned and they pulled in the MA HD entitlement from Vudu presumably. That being said, they didn't feed UHD into MA.

On another note, checking again. Will iTunes movies (like The Matrix) that get a free HD to UHD boost feed that boost into MA? I'm thinking now, but double checking.

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify, the only way to get the iTunes 4K upgrades is to redeem the code in iTunes? If I redeem my UV code in Vudu, the iTunes version wont be upgraded?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify, the only way to get the iTunes 4K upgrades is to redeem the code in iTunes? If I redeem my UV code in Vudu, the iTunes version wont be upgraded?

I think the original "purchase" needs to be iTunes, whether by cash transaction or code redemption. The movies that iTunes inherited from MA don't get a free upgrade.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
On another note, checking again. Will iTunes movies (like The Matrix) that get a free HD to UHD boost feed that boost into MA? I'm thinking now, but double checking.

Movies bought before the 4K option was available won't get the UHD license upgrade in MA, so you'll just have them in UHD on iTunes.

To get the upgrades, yes, you need to redeem in iTunes.
Redeeming an HD code elsewhere just gets you an HD license, so when it transfers to iTunes, you get the HD license.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Correct. This is a free benefit of redeeming in iTunes, essentially. The downside is if you still have UV library sharing enabled through Vudu, those iTunes movies won't be up for sharing.