• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thor 2 and that new OZ movie we're a borefest moreso the OZ movie I was snoring it was that boring.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I distinctly remember falling asleep to Natalie Portmans 'Jackie'. Its a great film I was just tired as fuck amd had to power through it.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I made the mistake of doing the 7 movie Star Wars marathon leading up to Episode 7 premiere. I think I ended up sleeping through most of Episode 4. Woke the hell up during the beginning of episode 5 because how damn bright Hoth is in a dark theater. Then fell asleep again during the Dagobah portion. Was mostly awake for ROTJ mostly because it was finally almost time to see the new one.

I love Star Wars, but that marathon was a mistake. I don't think I'd ever do that again. I just couldn't stay awake for that much continued viewing with little break between movies.

I've also fallen asleep during the second movie of a drive-in a few times. Iron Man 3 was one of them, but it was my 3rd viewing & didn't really fight it. Suicide Squad was another 2nd half of a Drive In I fell asleep during.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alien Covenant.
I got drunk on sake in the theater because I knew I was gonna hate the movie and I wanted to at least enjoy it somewhat. Terrible movie and all 9 of my friends that saw it with me hated it. I fell asleep during the action-y parts with the alien because they were so boring and honestly bogged down the movie.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars Episode 1.

Partly because I was around 7 years old, it was a late showing and we had a long drive to even get to the cinema, plus it had an intermission in the middle of it...

...And partly because it's Star Wars Episode 1.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough, I fell asleep in every single Hobbit film. Went to two with a club I use to help run and the third, I passed out till the finale battle(Wish I was still asleep for that)

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Again, most of us that have done this, don't often go "nah, this isn't interesting, I'll make the decision to intentionally fall asleep".

I mean...yeah, it's pretty obvious nobody goes to a movie with the intention of falling asleep. I didn't imply that anybody did that in my post.

I just personally don't go to the cinema if I'm even remotely tired, and I basically only go to movies I'm interested in. I guess people who go to a bunch of films that they aren't actually interested in might be more inclined to fall asleep.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never fallen asleep in a movie theater, haven't even come close. I've walled out of a movie but Idk how anyone could fall asleep.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A very popular military movie whose name escapes me...Would've been between 2003-2005. Got stoned with some friends beforehand, and movie was just boring and also extremely long. Just stupid teenager at the time.

Edit- Black Hawk Down

rhindle

Oct 27, 2017
I fall asleep maybe 90% of the time. 30 minutes or so after the lights go down I'm out cold. So I've missed 5 minutes of most movies I've seen in a theater in the last 10 years.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to finally do that for the first Hobbit movie. Wanting to watch the thing in"high" fps and undubbed left me with only one showing in the middle of the week in the evening. I was just tired and struggled to keep the eyes open.

Went again the following week to watch it properly, only to have it happened again. -.-

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
The Fellowship of The Ring

I'd had 4 hours of travel that day and a 3 hour movie at night was a terrible idea.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never did but apparently my brother fell asleep during the last Transformers movie, which is amazing considering how loud and noisy it was.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I've never fallen asleep at a theater and I dont understand how this happens. If you're that tired why did you go to the movies? Do you suffer from narcolepsy? small attention span? Presumably if you're at a theater you were at least somewhat excited about the movie. If you don't like it leave and ask for your money back.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Without question the most boring movie I have ever seen.

Kinopio

Oct 27, 2017
I think the only time this has happened to me was during the Jim Carrey Grinch movie. It was more a case of being tired than being bored.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows (2011)
Loved the first, but fuck this boring ass sequel.

I was struggling so hard to stay awake with this one myself. I adored the first movie too, but this one too literally put me to sleep. (I kept phasing in and out of slumber, probably was out cold for about 30m total, but the rest was just a bloodshot daze struggling to keep my eyes open).

Only other one that comes to mind for me is Ultraviolet. Good god what a terrible movie and I was out cold for most of it.

DTJAAAAM

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Inception - Didn't like it on my first viewing. Relatives loved the movie and wanted to see it twice. Fell asleep for a bit during the middle.

Rogue One - Was tired after a long day at Disney World when I decided to see the first showing opening night. Dozed off during some of the slower moments.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Serendipity - I like John Cusak but I was dragged there on a date after working a 12 hour open to close shift. I remember something about mittens or gloves and the rest is blank.

Batman vs Superman - I feel bad about this one. I really didn't hate the movie. In fact I've rewatched a couple times now and enjoy it. I blame it on the pills I was taking at the time.

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
I broke my foot and took a bunch of Vicodin for the pain before watching Team American. I slept through the whole thing.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never.

Holy crap I had no idea people actually fall asleep in theaters.

How can you ever let that happen?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never fallen asleep during a movie or left to use the bathroom. Once I'm in, I'm in. The gf sleeps during movies all of the time, though.

HOWEVER... I did rest my eyes a nonzero amount of times when watching The Hateful Eight during its Roadshow run. I felt awful about it, but I'd been awake for over 24 hours, but luckily I didn't miss a beat :>

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Maybe it's because movie tickets are shockingly expensive where I live, but I've never fallen asleep at the movies and I doubt I ever will. If I'm going to cough up $19 AUD (that's $15 USD) to see a movie, I'm going to be awake for every single frame.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Off the top my head I've only fallen asleep in a few movies. I think one of them was the Clash of the Titans remake, and also the first two Hobbit movies. Considering I fell asleep both times I have no idea why I went back and saw the third one lol (or the second one for that matter). I might have actually fallen asleep during the third one too but I can't remember for sure

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Suicide Squad and Rogue 1. But in both cases it was mainly cause I literally had about 4 hours of sleep the day I saw them. When I went to see R1 subsequent times, I was able to fully enjoy it. SS still sucks, though.

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Force Awakens. I slepth through about 20 minutes and woke shortly before the major character's death. I still haven't seen the full movie

This was the only time I've ever fallen asleep in cinemas. I honestly don't know why. I managed to stay awake through a lot worse movies

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
College theater did a midnight screening of The Shining and I'm pretty sure I slept through the last 45 minutes of it

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1... went with my now fiancee to see the movie when it first came out. I only went to see it so I could spend some time with her since we were just dating back then. Woke up around the part to when Doby died and thought to myself "he dead? oh well." I was surprised when I found out that she had the same reaction as well lol.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Never.

Holy crap I had no idea people actually fall asleep in theaters.

How can you ever let that happen?
I don't understand how people fall asleep at movies, it boggles my mind.
Lol I don't quite understand why the notion of falling asleep in a dark movie theater is shocking.

Is falling asleep during movie theater outings akin to missing the second coming of Christ?

It's just a fucking movie.