• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ghostswillpass

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Only two, Assassins Creed and King Arthur. Both of which are effects heavy 'historical' action movies. I wonder if there's a correlation.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Only Avatar.

Everytime I opened my eyes they would just do an eye roll after hearing something stupid and or preachy and I would fall asleep again.

I saw it again eventually because of all the hype to give it another chance. Still terrible for me.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Is there some unwritten code against just walking away and finding something more interesting to do? Do they have armed guards at the cinema doors, do they shackle the viewers in their seats?
Are we hurting anyone's experience by staying? What crime are we committing here? I almost never walk out of movies. If I'm nodding off, im focused on staying awake, not "oh, I NEED to leave NOW otherwise ..." because what exactly?

This is the weirdest nitpick I've ever seen.

Some of you are treating this like it's talking, or whipping out a phone or eating loudly.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Late screening of The Last Jedi recently. Shortly after that Leia scene I just passed out, and awaken for final scene with Luke and Kylo. Final scene was surprisingly good!

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SW:AotC. To be fair it was the second time seeing it and it was a 2am showing.

LotR:TRotK. I just can't make it past the mid point. I fall asleep every time.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
From my recent memory I canonly recall Dark on Netflix.
No music, barely anything happening and being tired, just put me out.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It has never happened to me but I got very close to falling asleep during Batman vs Superman. The movie was way longer than I expected

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
My sister loved it and bought it when it hit bluray. So I tried again, but just ended up turning it off. I just couldn't do it.

My best friend's sister loved it as well and was practically heartbroken to find out my poor opinion on the movie, lol. I heard the sequel is somewhat better, but I haven't gotten around to it.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Spectre, and Skyfall. More recently, the new Jumanji movie.

I've also fallen asleep at three different Broadway shows, not sure if that's better or worse.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Are we hurting anyone's experience by staying? What crime are we committing here? I almost never walk out of movies. If I'm nodding off, im focused on staying awake, not "oh, I NEED to leave NOW otherwise ..." because what exactly?

This is the weirdest nitpick I've ever seen.

Some of you are treating this like it's talking, or whipping out a phone or eating loudly.

It's most definitely not a nitpick. For some reason I've never had to cope with a person snoring in a cinema auditorium, but if I ever did encounter such thoughtless behaviour I'd be justly upset. If you find a film boring, please leave.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most recent (only?) one for me is Justice League. I fell asleep in the Wolfhause fight at the end. The chair was just so comfy and I told my friend to wake me up when it was over. I remember waking up and being mad it wasn't over yet.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep during Avatar. I was back home for a week and jetlagged. I fell asleep when the fake monster body man showed up. Some stuff happened and I fell asleep. I woke up and was disoriented. I turned to my friend and said "What happened?" and he goes "They had sex with a tree and now they're all friends."

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
None, but there are some that I wish I had. At least of would have been something worth those 2 hours of my life.

srhltmr

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Despicable Me

Brought the kids. Was bored out of my mind and fell asleep. Woke up and we all left.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and all three Hobbit movies.

It's no coincidence that when I went back to see them without drifting off, I thought they were all absolute miserable slogs.

Scottius

Oct 31, 2017
The only movie I've actually fallen asleep at was an utterly forgettable Bruce Willis flick Tears of the Sun. Runner up would be the Nick Cage film Bringing Out The Dead which I found boring enough I spent a good portion of the film watching the walls of the theater instead.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
It's most definitely not a nitpick. For some reason I've never had to cope with a person snoring in a cinema auditorium, but if I ever did encounter such thoughtless behaviour I'd be justly upset. If you find a film boring, please leave.
So you're assuming that anyone that falls asleep in a movie will automatically be snoring loud enough to disrupt the entire movie. I promise you it's happened and you just didn't notice.

I invited friends out to see Skyfall at midnight, 2 and half hour movie, one fell asleep (probably had a long day, I'm not gonna judge him. I feel bad that he paid IMAX prices, but if you're tired/bored enough to fall asleep during that loud ass movie in IMAX, you must be really bored or tired), outside of turning our heads and noticing he fell asleep, I can't say it was a disruption to anyone's experience. If he snored, I didn't hear it and he was two seats away from me. You're making yourself mad at a non-issue by making the worst possibly outcome the standard. You're getting mad at your own imagination.

If someone is snoring loudly, wake them up, or change seats. Don't sit in a tissy and think to yourself "how dare they interrupt MY experience."
People talk and take out their phones, but quietly sleeping the thoughtless thing you're taking a stand on.

7 pages, and ONE person told a story about be waken up because he was snoring. He felt bad and got food for the people he was next to. So ... thoughtless.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Moana - I went with my daughter and I must've been really tired. Didn't help that the theater had very comfy chairs that reclined. Plus I ordered a beer. I need something to get me through these kid movies.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
It would be very hard for me to fall asleep in a theater, and I don't think I ever have.

But I am consistently surprised at how shocked people are that other people are different somehow.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
So you're assuming that anyone that falls asleep in a movie will automatically be snoring loud enough to disrupt the entire movie. I promise you it's happened and you just didn't notice.

If they're quiet, it doesn't bother me. But you probably don't know whether or not you're a snorer. I don't know whether I'd snore if I slept in a cinema. I don't intend to impose on the charity of other cinema-goers to find out.

A page or two ago I gave some advice that would help anybody to avoid running the risk of being too tired or bored to stay awake in a cinema. More recently I advised those feeling boredom to walk out (some people appear to find the latter idea unacceptable for reasons not clear to me.) Why not just follow the advice? Why restrict your mobility in a darkened, noisy chamber for hours at a time when an exciting world awaits outside the door?

I guarantee you, whenever there's a discussion thread for a film you'll find lots of people saying the film sent them asleep and comparatively few reporting that they decided to find something more interesting to do. In fact at first I found the idea of people going to sleep in a cinema so silly I assumed it was just lazy shorthand for "I was so bored I couldn't focus my attention."

Decitrig's first rule of sleeping in cinemas: don't.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
The first Hobbit movie. I think it was the troll scene, and it was only for a few minutes. The movie wasn't grabbing me and I just dozed off.

Never bothered to watch it again.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
If they're quiet, it doesn't bother me. But you probably don't know whether or not you're a snorer. I don't know whether I'd snore if I slept in a cinema. I don't intend to impose on the charity of other cinema-goers to find out.

A page or two ago I gave some advice that would help anybody to avoid running the risk of being too tired or bored to stay awake in a cinema. More recently I advised those feeling boredom to walk out (some people appear to find the latter idea unacceptable for reasons not clear to me.) Why not just follow the advice? Why restrict your mobility in a darkened, noisy chamber for hours at a time when an exciting world awaits outside the door?

I guarantee you, whenever there's a discussion thread for a film you'll find lots of people saying the film sent them asleep and comparatively few reporting that they decided to find something more interesting to do. In fact at first I found the idea of people going to sleep in a cinema so silly I assumed it was just lazy shorthand for "I was so bored I couldn't focus my attention."

Decitrig's first rule of sleeping in cinemas: don't.
I can't think of a proper response to this that wouldn't get me banned.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Never fallen asleep watching a film in the theatre. Been bored by films plenty of times but never fell asleep. Only once watching a film at home - Superman Returns, but that's because other people were watching. Usually if I find a film boring at home I turn it off and do something else instead.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost fell asleep during Annabelle Creation and King Kong.
Annbelle cause it's a meh film
King Kong because of length.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I fell asleep during Avatar. I was back home for a week and jetlagged. I fell asleep when the fake monster body man showed up. Some stuff happened and I fell asleep. I woke up and was disoriented. I turned to my friend and said "What happened?" and he goes "They had sex with a tree and now they're all friends."
Hahahahaha your friend is amazing