• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

At 24:89.

UPDATE: Also coming to Steam

Yepper! As trademarked, the next BN remaster on Switch is indeed Mr. Driller DrillLand, based on the JP-only GameCube game! :O

UPDATE: It's confirmed to be by Infinity Co., Ltd. Who's actually worked with BN loads of times on 3DS and DS among other systems. Plus they already did Mr. Driller 2 on PC way back.

The dev should be Monkeycraft, who did both Katamary Damacy Reroll, as well as the second JP-only remaster from Wii; Kotoba no Puzzle: Moji Pittan Encore.

MONKEYCRAFT

株式会社モンキークラフトの開発案件となります。開発に関わったゲームなど。

SUPER exciting news! :D

Last edited:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i should give this a try. i remember liking the mr driller demo i played on ps1 i think

Oct 27, 2017
So, is this the rated Mr. Driller Encore from last Year?

Hopefully, that means splatterhouse and klonoa are next...

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
YES! Huge fan of the franchise. I've been waiting for this moment since the release of the Gamecube game. Getting it day one.

Squid Icarus

Jul 11, 2019
I never got the chance to play Klonoa 2, but I adore the first one. It was one of the first games I played as a child and I loved the Wii remake, too. Played through it at least 10 times. I hope we'll get Klonoa 2 with it as well.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
There were rumors a few months ago, so I'm really glad they turned out to be true. I looked into the game a while back and really want to play it.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
The Nintendo PR shows it's by Infinity Co., Ltd. But googling shows some sort of jewelry company? Doesn't add up.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man! This was one of the games that I always wanted to play because I heard great things about it, including the soundtrack. I'm that's it's finally coming to NA after being stuck on JP-only Gamecubes.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It's...beautiful. MY BOY IS ALIVE

giphy.gif

DRILL BABY DRILL
DRILL BABY DRILL
DRILL BABY DRILL

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
The Nintendo PR shows it's by Infinity Co., Ltd. But googling shows some sort of jewelry company? Doesn't add up.
Update; found them!

They've worked on like dozens of 3DS and DS games for BN, plus they did do Mr. Driller 2 on PC way back, so they have experience, if minor.

Also forgot to mention this is coming to Steam as well. Also apparently a retail release in Japan, but digital-only in the west according to Gematsu:

www.gematsu.com

Mr. DRILLER DrillLand announced for Switch, PC

Bandai Namco has announced Mr. DRILLER DrillLand for Switch and PC (Steam). It will launch digitally worldwide on June 25. In Japan, where it is called Mr. Driller Encore, a physical edition will a…

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, also looking forward to Klonoa and Splatterhouse then.

360 Splatterhouse plz.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was my megaton of the Direct.

So I guess this sorta confirms the Klonoa re-release being a thing as well?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Actually need to admit I haven't played any apart from the first GBA game! Was gonna buy the Wii remake, but never got around to it... so here's hoping it's a collection.
And here I have only played the two mainline games! They're both great and hold up really well so you're in for a test when you get to play them. I have the GBA games but haven't played them yet. I hope if it's a collection they throw in the WonderSwan game too.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really curious to see what the other "encore" games will be, as some of the games trademarked don't have any obvious candidates for remasters and some don't even have enough games for a satisfying collection.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Surely coming. Monkeycraft have been pretty good at pumping out these remasters for BN lately. I'd be shocked if Klonoa wasn't out by the end of the year.
Klonoa 1 Wii + Klonoa 2 PS2 + GBA Klonoa games + Bonus, remake of the Wonderswan game with various colour filters
Extra Bonus: The PSOne Klonoa games just because

...but as is I'll settle for the 3D games at least XO