• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I agree - with Malek and Esmail both heading towards bigger things, I hope the final season doesn't get the Boardwalk Empire treatment.

With how Homecoming ended. I can see Esmail doing a home run for this show. I trust he can do it justice. He's planned it out since the beginning how it ends so it'll be interesting how he ends it.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
I agree - with Malek and Esmail both heading towards bigger things, I hope the final season doesn't get the Boardwalk Empire treatment.

Malek stated during an interview in one of the film festivals earlier this year that Esmail already knew the ending when he first started mr. Robot, just that the show is ending probably a season or 2 earlier since he mentioned last year that the plot was already around over the 2nd half.

Just hoping it's not too rush.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Esmail have this whole thing written down from day 1 though? It was supposed to be a movie so I think it's safe to say he already had an ending in mind before things even got off the ground.
I'm drawing comparisons to Breaking Bad more than anything, another series that I believe was always planned to be as long as it was.

How quickly does this become available on Amazon Prime btw? Is it straight away or is there a bit of network exclusivity?

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry for the necro bump. Just powered through season 1 to 3 over this week. My brain is so fucked and my emotions are run through a ringer. I wanna discuss this show but I'm gonna finish season 4 and then post a thread.
This show, man, it made me anxious, happy, awed and emotional. I cried often and many times sat there questioning my own existence.
Love this show so much.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the necro bump. Just powered through season 1 to 3 over this week. My brain is so fucked and my emotions are run through a ringer. I wanna discuss this show but I'm gonna finish season 4 and then post a thread.
This show, man, it made me anxious, happy, awed and emotional. I cried often and many times sat there questioning my own existence.
Love this show so much.
You have no idea what you are in for.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
You have no idea what you are in for.

Oh god. Really?
Honestly until the post credit scene the show has a pretty good resolution. A hard reset but it made sense and Elliot seemed to finnally find redemption and peace with Mr Robot. Sure some characters got fucked (poor Dom) but overall some resolution albeit tragic. Felt to me like Ismael wasn't confident the show would continue.
Season 4 the last?

edit: why isn't this show that popular? I never heard of it until I was scrolling Prime and stumbled on it. Came In expecting a lame hacker show but left having the core of my existence questioned.
Also that soundtrack is godly.

Last edited:

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god. Really?
Honestly until the post credit scene the show has a pretty good resolution. A hard reset but it made sense and Elliot seemed to finnally find redemption and peace with Mr Robot. Sure some characters got fucked (poor Dom) but overall some resolution albeit tragic. Felt to me like Ismael wasn't confident the show would continue.
Season 4 the last?

edit: why isn't this show that popular? I never heard of it until I was scrolling Prime and stumbled on it. Came In expecting a lame hacker show but left having the core of my existence questioned.

Season 4 is the last and it ends perfectly.

Youre in for such a ride.

Its my favorite season out of all of them.

And I think the show got a lot of traction for season 1 but season 2 was a slow burner that put many off, then season 3 came and I don't think many came back to watch.

Season 4 was a long wait too cause Rami had to film bohemian rhapsody first.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Season 4 is the last and it ends perfectly.

Youre in for such a ride.

Its my favorite season out of all of them.

And I think the show got a lot of traction for season 1 but season 2 was a slow burner that put many off, then season 3 came and I don't think many came back to watch.

Season 4 was a long wait too cause Rami had to film bohemian rhapsody first.

I feel lucky I have the whole epic story to enjoy but there's a sadness knowing it's going to end. So weird finding this Show and wanting to read impressions and discussion from the time the episodes aired but Not being able to contribute. Once I finish I'd love to start a thread it's really is some amazing story telling and acting. (Ugh I've already got a lump in my throat thinking about it ending)

The soundtrack is on iTunes as well. Digging it.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I feel lucky I have the whole epic story to enjoy but there's a sadness knowing it's going to end. So weird finding this Show and wanting to read impressions and discussion from the time the episodes aired but Not being able to contribute. Once I finish I'd love to start a thread it's really is some amazing story telling and acting. (Ugh I've already got a lump in my throat thinking about it ending)

The soundtrack is on iTunes as well. Digging it.

Like was already said before, season 4 is great and it wraps up very well. You are in for a great ride, and I wish I could watch it for the first time again.

Please do make a thread when you finish, there are plenty of lttp threads, and this show doesn't get enough love.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Like was already said before, season 4 is great and it wraps up very well. You are in for a great ride, and I wish I could watch it for the first time again.

Please do make a thread when you finish, there are plenty of lttp threads, and this show doesn't get enough love.

I ran a search only found two threads about it. I will def make a thread.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
You're not ready for season 4, I really don't want to spoil anything. Just watch it and get your mind completely blown.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
You're not ready for season 4, I really don't want to spoil anything. Just watch it and get your mind completely blown.

Guys, I've had my mind blown so many times. Elliot being Mr Robot to the Prison reveal in Season 2 left me on the floor with my mouth gaping so long flies coulda nested there. All this hype for season 4 is really making me tense. I took a few hours break today after I finished season 3 cuz it ended so well.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I've had my mind blown so many times. Elliot being Mr Robot to the Prison reveal in Season 2 left me on the floor with my mouth gaping so long flies coulda nested there. All this hype for season 4 is really making me tense. I took a few hours break today after I finished season 3 cuz it ended so well.

The last episode was so good that I have it saved on my phone in case I wanna watch it from time to time lol.

Shows how much I love this show lol.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
So just tried to watch season 4 on Amazon prime but every episode says "this video is currently unavailable"

omg. Why? Is it because I'm in Canada? Someone help me out?

edit: appears to be thats the case, the show is available for purchase on iTunes for $25 now my internal debate starts. Not cool for Amazon Prime Canada to do that.

Last edited:

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
So just tried to watch season 4 on Amazon prime but every episode says "this video is currently unavailable"

omg. Why? Is it because I'm in Canada? Someone help me out?

edit: appears to be thats the case, the show is available for purchase on iTunes for $25 now my internal debate starts. Not cool for Amazon Prime Canada to do that.

Messaged you.