• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Still not sure what Whiterose told Angela though, considering how much of a blind believer she turned into. She went off the deep end.

Unless Whiterose is building a time machine I'm not sure how any of that subplot made much sense.

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still not sure what Whiterose told Angela though, considering how much of a blind believer she turned into. She went off the deep end.

Unless Whiterose is building a time machine I'm not sure how any of that subplot made much sense.

WhiteRose hasn't said anything about time or clocks since forever and when ending it with Grant she said nothing about bringing him back but rather look for him in the afterlife.

Oct 25, 2017
Price told Mr Robot/Elliot that he's not a leader if he doesn't have followers. Vera and his crew are the followers that Elliot needs to counter Leon/DA.

I initially thought that Leon was gonna defect and join Elliot but nope.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

WhiteRose is building a machine that she believes will <fill in the blank>. She told Angela that by <fill in the blank>ing, Angela will be reunited with her mother. Price knows that Whiterose is building her machine that does <fill in the blank> but doesn't believe it will ever work.

Price told Mr Robot/Elliot that he's not a leader if he doesn't have followers. Vera and his crew are the followers that Elliot needs to counter Leon/DA.

I also noticed the prostitute said it would take an act of god to put everything back the way it was. Tyrell believes (believed?) he and Elliot are gods.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like the middle phase of the story. Solid.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, and
Price wanted it in the first place for the same reason right? To have e-coin be the global currency?
Yes that's exactly what price wanted. I'm still not convinced he's not playing Angela as well. He may very well be
her father
but the guy doesn't have a lot of shame and I could see him using Angela to get back at WR somehow. I'm also not convinced that there isn't some time travel or Sci Fi element still to come. I think the show will remain mostly grounded but I expect something fantastic at some point even if it's only in the waning moments of the show.
Same, still hoping it'll happen later on.

Thinking this show will only go for 4 seasons at this point, can't be much more to go, given the turn of events.
I half expected it as well given how odd a duck Leon is but with Vera coming back and him seeing himself as a spiritual brother to Elliot ala Wellick I'm inclined to think Elliot is going to work with Vera (begrudgingly) to combat Leon and the other DA lackeys

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
The vast majority of the series I kept thinking about how much I want to see things stay "grounded" and not go into a sci fi twist, but at this point I might think differently if it brings in the simulation theory
OheKZeY.png

Oct 26, 2017
Yes that's exactly what price wanted. I'm still not convinced he's not playing Angela as well. He may very well be
her father
but the guy doesn't have a lot of shame and I could see him using Angela to get back at WR somehow. I'm also not convinced that there isn't some time travel or Sci Fi element still to come. I think the show will remain mostly grounded but I expect something fantastic at some point even if it's only in the waning moments of the show.

If he was playing Angela, he would've taken advantage of
the fact that Angela wanted retribution considering, even he is pissed off that whiterose had to destroy so much to get what she wanted. The fact that he doesn't kind of tells you that he's not trying to screw her over. Moreover, why go completely clean on her and tell her what happened with her involvement with the WTP project?

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
If he was playing Angela, he would've taken advantage of
the fact that Angela wanted retribution considering, even he is pissed off that whiterose had to destroy so much to get what she wanted. The fact that he doesn't kind of tells you that he's not trying to screw her over. Moreover, why go completely clean on her and tell her what happened with her involvement with the WTP project?
Unless they bring up that they got a DNA test, I dont believe a word Price says.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Since i'm not quite done writing stuff, I just gotta throw down another post. Absolutely loved the season finale, and really love the different pieces they are setting up for Season 4. S3, for me, rebounded on some of the issues I had with S2 & then some. There is just so much to unpack with what happened this season.

My favorite development, though, has to be the reconciliation that occurred at the very end of the season. It turns out Elliot has been doing the right thing (taking down the people who are in control of the world for their own ends) for the wrong reason (revenge), but it wasn't such a simple revenge story. In Elliot's mind, his dad having been the one to push him out a window has been viewed as a result of the trust Elliot broke when he told his Mom about his father's condition. By extension, Elliot more than likely held a deeper grudge with E-Corp as they were the ones to blame for his father's condition, which led to his father doing something so horrible to him in the first place. And this grudge was something young Elliot hung onto deeply, as we see in this season when we watch how Elliot interacted with his father right before he died.

But Elliot now knows the truth - his father never pushed him out that window. When he now sees Mr. Robot, he doesn't have to see the man who hurt him as a child anymore. Its pivotal that this revelation occurred right before Mr. Robot & him fully reconciled & agreed to work together as a team from then on. This should give Elliot, and subsequently Mr. Robot, the ability to pursue DA/WR without that blinding lust for revenge clouding their judgement, which is what got them & the world the mess they found themselves in in the first place.

Yes. All of this. And, it was brilliant.

Elliot is finally going to be able to come to terms with his father's death. And, reconcile the guilt he's been carrying with him for most of his life. He and Mr. Robot should be working more closely together now as Elliot should no longer view him with that deep amount of resentment and hate for his father's betrayal near the end of his life.

Oct 26, 2017
Unless they bring up that they got a DNA test, I dont believe a word Price says.

I mean, he could be lying, but considering that:

1) He ordered the contract to be signed (after seeing Angela) with All-Safe against Colby and Tyrell's wishes.
2) Has ordered Colby to hire her, and consistently allowed Angela to do things like interfere with the WTP lawsuit (knowing full well that whiterose would be pissed), as well as hire and fire Elliot Alderson despite him knowing that he's responsible for 5/9 and the digitization of ECorp's physical records.
3) Implied to be the anonymous beneficiary that opted to pay for Emily Moss's treatments.
4) He refused to follow through with Angela's desire for retribution when he has the motivation to, and tells her straight up to accept that she got conned (which seems to be a self-preservation ploy considering how much power whiterose has).

I see no reason why Philip would lie to her. Doesn't sound like there's a lot of upside to doing so.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

1) He ordered the contract to be signed (after seeing Angela) with All-Safe against Colby and Tyrell's wishes.
2) Has ordered Colby to hire her, and consistently allowed Angela to do things like interfere with the WTP lawsuit (knowing full well that whiterose would be pissed), as well as hire and fire Elliot Alderson despite him knowing that he's responsible for 5/9 and the digitization of ECorp's physical records.
3) Implied to be the anonymous beneficiary that opted to pay for Emily Moss's treatments.
4) He refused to follow through with Angela's desire for retribution when he has the motivation to, and tells her straight up to accept that she got conned (which seems to be a self-preservation ploy considering how much power whiterose has).

I see no reason why Philip would lie to her. Doesn't sound like there's a lot of upside to doing so.
oh I'm fairly confident that he is in fact her father. I just don't think his motives for coming clean are entirely on the up and up. He wants to get back at WR biiiiig time and having Angela and by proxy Elliot in his pocket will help that a lot. In the end though it's about his own power and ego. They're just a means to an end. I think if forced to make a decision he'd choose himself over Angela

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago

I'm sure Esmail had this planned out, but the way they showed Price "finding" her without actually doing any research just makes it all come off that hes either lying, or just a bad setup by Esmail

Oct 26, 2017
oh I'm fairly confident that he is in fact her father. I just don't think his motives for coming clean are entirely on the up and up. He wants to get back at WR biiiiig time and having Angela and by proxy Elliot in his pocket will help that a lot. In the end though it's about his own power and ego. They're just a means to an end. I think if forced to make a decision he'd choose himself over Angela

I agree. I think it's possible he's waiting for a ploy where he'll use Angela and Elliot as pawns to do the dirty work in bringing whiterose down, in order to protect himself from any possible retributions from her. Just the way he denies Angela the potential for retribution makes me think he's all about self-preservation, but wouldn't mind someone else doing it.

I'm sure Esmail had this planned out, but the way they showed Price "finding" her without actually doing any research just makes it all come off that hes either lying, or just a bad setup by Esmail

Keep in mind that he was essentially estranged from his daughter ever since Emily made the decision to cut Philip out of her child's life (though the anonymous benefactor suggests he still keeps an eye in some form). And given how much of a megalomaniac Price is, he wasn't going to undercut that and beg to be involved with Angela's life. The way Esmail went about it was consistent with character traits (assuming of course we're told the full truth).

Linkin112

Oct 25, 2017
Vernon Hills, IL
I was looking at the USA website recap for the episode and....did I completely miss this scene or did it not happen?

Irving (Bobby Cannavale) goes to see Tyrell (Martin Wallström) at his townhouse. Before Irving can tell him why's he there, Tyrell airs his feelings of hurt and betrayal by Irving. After artfully assuaging him, Irving asks where Elliot is -- him finding Elliot first is probably Elliot's best option for survival given "all the scenarios in play." All Tyrell will say is that he gave Elliot sensitive information that he's "probably acting on."

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, guess it was cut, but whoever does the recaps didn't remove it. Guess that explains how Irving knew to go to Santiago's

Made Irving showing up a better surprise and they can save that scene for S4 as a jumping off point for what Tyrell is going to do going forward. I assume Tyrell will still be in some sort of mourning.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Amazing finale really glad this season answered so much. Also those after credits yup really happy they are revisiting that plot.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This season took a few episodes to get going but ended up being even better than S1. The finale was absolutely incredible, the doldrums of S2 are a distant memory.

Anyone think Dom and Darlene will eventually come back together? They've kind of built up their relationship for a while now, would be surprised if it ends like that.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America

You should rewatch the opening of S03E08 again. They explained it perfectly well - Price did do the research. Price was the one who set the meet with his CTO & Vice CTO with an external cybersecurity vendor (All-Safe) who was far too small to be able to adequately defend a conglomerate the size of E-Corp specifically because he wanted to see/support Angela. It wasn't Colby or Tyrell who set that meeting - Colby implies All-Safe was beneath them & figured Price was actually fixing the calendar so they could go somewhere off the books for that hour. Meanwhile, Tyrell was adamantly against going external & wanted to build an internal team.

This scene, along with how Price winds up treating Angela even as far back as S1, lends further credence to the idea that Price always knew of Angela's biological parentage, and has been trying to lend her support from a far away distance.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
her father
but the guy doesn't have a lot of shame and I could see him using Angela to get back at WR somehow. I'm also not convinced that there isn't some time travel or Sci Fi element still to come.

Elliot is really hacking the Simulation and he has brought his father back but only by making the Simulation all buggy but he can still fix everything

Tyrell was right, Elliot is a god

Last edited:

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yep. I believed him when he said it. Amazing that in one scene the show got me to actually find Phillip Price endearing.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I believed him when he said it. Amazing that in one scene the show got me to actually find Phillip Price endearing.

The actor is incredible. It's his delivery that sells it.

Elliot is really hacking the Simulation and he has brought his father back but only by making the Simulation all buggy but he can still fix everything

Tyrell was right, Elliot is a god

I'm not convinced the hack will be undone. And I think something will happen to Darlene and Elliot will actually try to make Whiterose' vision a reality. The series will end when they succeed.

Starvigil

Oct 30, 2017
Can we just acknowledge how amazing of a character Irving is? Every time he's on screen he's a total boss.

A Robot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There have been references to 'mines' in the Congo and China has annexed it as of now. So I assume they don't want it threatened, any oversight by the US government, and to be closer to the resources they need.
I think the Congo plot is the weakest part of the season.

In the past the annexation somewhat mirrored what is happening in the DRC currently with Chinese companies getting huge contracts to build the infrastructure of the country and the tensions between the locals and the Chinese.

That has somehow morphed into the weird "I can't build the plant in anywhere else because it needs unobtainium from the Congo" that doesn't seem plausible.