• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's Bobby Cannavale in everything. Don't understand why people don't like him.
It's not really the actor's fault. The character is ridiculous. He constantly does that extremely goofy thing where people ask a question and he goes on some weird tangent about how to make good barbecue ribs or whatever. And everybody around him treats it like its a perfectly normal thing to do.

Starvigil

Oct 30, 2017
It's not really the actor's fault. The character is ridiculous. He constantly does that extremely goofy thing where people ask a question and he goes on some weird tangent about how to make good barbecue ribs or whatever. And everybody around him treats it like its a perfectly normal thing to do.
In the words of Don Draper: If you don't like what's being said, change the conversation.
But yeah, everyone on this show has some kind of mental problem or multiple.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

But, the whole point of Irving is that he tells people what they want to hear while appearing as just some low level grunt. He feeds Angela's belief in WhiteRose's mythical machine, he builds up Tyrell so that he believes he is a God even making up a story about a fake family he has, and he attempts to assuage Mr. Robot that he's just a guy that cleans up for the ultra powerful. That he should just recognize the way things are and move on.

Yet, the most fascinating thing about this episode is how much more we learn about Irving. He himself seems to imply that he was very close to WR. He's able to intimidate WR's current lover in full view of his men and walk away. This tells us that he's even bigger than he appears. Someone whose had (and provably still does have) a direct line to WR. Moreover, he says "he used to be in your shoes." Thus, implying he too may have been a lover of WR. Yet, he's still alive. What does that say about him?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Aye, it suggests he's powerful enough to somewhat walk away from WR, but still has a role to play when required, probably on his own terms.

Like he's too good at what he does to be disposed of, too important to severe ties with completely, but doesn't really want to be entirely under her thumb, so he gets to act as an independent contractor. Presumably because he always gets results.

That's my reading anyway.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But, the whole point of Irving is that he tells people what they want to hear while appearing as just some low level grunt. He feeds Angela's belief in WhiteRose's mythical machine, he builds up Tyrell so that he believes he is a God even making up a story about a fake family he has, and he attempts to assuage Mr. Robot that he's just a guy that cleans up for the ultra powerful. That he should just recognize the way things are and move on.

Yet, the most fascinating thing about this episode is how much more we learn about Irving. He himself seems to imply that he was very close to WR. He's able to intimidate WR's current lover in full view of his men and walk away. This tells us that he's even bigger than he appears. Someone whose had (and provably still does have) a direct line to WR. Moreover, he says "he used to be in your shoes." Thus, implying he too may have been a lover of WR. Yet, he's still alive. What does that say about him?

Yeah, the final episode revealed a lot about Irving. Not only is he way more unhinged than I first thought, but he's also right at the top of the dark army rankings rather than a grunt and likely untouchable if he has close ties with WR.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Great episode, I've really enjoyed this season, glad i stuck with it after S2. The episode set in the E Corp building when the protesters broke in was possible my favourite episode of any show this year!

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
Just noticed all 3 season finale post-credits scenes has begun with the back shot of a moving car. Nice consistency.

Nov 5, 2017
Does anyone here own the soundtracks to the series? I was curious if anyone would know the name of the tracks in the finale. The one that played during that long scene in the shed that jumps back and forth between all the characters and then Angela's scenario.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
6n4iktsjh4401.jpg

Good shit esmail

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im watching episode 5 right now and halfway through realized they doing a one-shotter. Even though its fakes still impressive. Season has been awesome so far. Marathoning it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the entire tone of the last twenty minutes or so was out of a desire to 'reboot' and take the story in an interesting direction rather than being legitimately worried USA wouldn't pick up the 4th season.
He said Phase 2 was always intended as the halfway point of the series, so we should have 2 seasons left.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I think Cannavale would be great playing a more comedic role, but he's really getting typecast a lot as the typical "gangster/tough guy" in most things, from Boardwalk to Vinyl and even Mr. Robot.

There are some differences between the characters of course, but there's only so many ways you can play that character if they don't let you have quirks or other things to flesh out the character (which is what separates his character in Mr. Robot somewhat, he really needs to finish his book lol).

Also I can't be the only one that liked Vinyl? I mean the show itself was great as far as the setting and music, the issue were how much time they spent on the family drama which dragged it down, they should have focused more on the music industry and business side of it and not just tried to make it like Goodfellas, I did wish it would have at least got another season though.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just marathoned s3 in 2 days. Wow, as usual these guys are next level great. Such an abundance of great TV these days. Props to USA for funding this, cause the ratings havent been great. I dont know you guys, i thin the showrunner might hate Trump, lulz. Also, someome really likes back to the future.

s3 spoilers

Is this show really gonna go hardcore scify? Alternate dimension shit hinted in s3 episode 1 basically taken to the end with the Congo shit.

has S4 been greenlit?

edit: the spoiler tag feature on this site is broken, the presets dont work.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
just marathoned s3 in 2 days. Wow, as usual these guys are next level great. Such an abundance of great TV these days. Props to USA for funding this, cause the ratings havent been great. I dont know you guys, i thin the showrunner might hate Trump, lulz. Also, someome really likes back to the future.

s3 spoilers

has S4 been greenlit?

Yup. Renewal was confirmed a couple of days ago (the day of the season finale).

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Since i'm not quite done writing stuff, I just gotta throw down another post. Absolutely loved the season finale, and really love the different pieces they are setting up for Season 4. S3, for me, rebounded on some of the issues I had with S2 & then some. There is just so much to unpack with what happened this season.

My favorite development, though, has to be the reconciliation that occurred at the very end of the season. It turns out Elliot has been doing the right thing (taking down the people who are in control of the world for their own ends) for the wrong reason (revenge), but it wasn't such a simple revenge story. In Elliot's mind, his dad having been the one to push him out a window has been viewed as a result of the trust Elliot broke when he told his Mom about his father's condition. By extension, Elliot more than likely held a deeper grudge with E-Corp as they were the ones to blame for his father's condition, which led to his father doing something so horrible to him in the first place. And this grudge was something young Elliot hung onto deeply, as we see in this season when we watch how Elliot interacted with his father right before he died.

But Elliot now knows the truth - his father never pushed him out that window. When he now sees Mr. Robot, he doesn't have to see the man who hurt him as a child anymore. Its pivotal that this revelation occurred right before Mr. Robot & him fully reconciled & agreed to work together as a team from then on. This should give Elliot, and subsequently Mr. Robot, the ability to pursue DA/WR without that blinding lust for revenge clouding their judgement, which is what got them & the world the mess they found themselves in in the first place.
That was great.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
It was a damn good finale. I'm glad it's officially coming back for another season.

I do hope Dom and Darlene make up, they made a nice couple, and it's clear that Darlene did develop some kind of feelings for her.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still kinda amazed at how low-key the finale was. It was intense, but it took place in a fucking barn. Genius.

Episode 6 is probably my favourite. The twist at the end was incredible, didn't see that coming whatsoever just because how extreme it is.

Kinda wish BD Wong got an Emmy nomination instead of Slater. Or Michael Cristofer.

Oct 26, 2017

Idk if it's goofy considering he tends to either change the subject from whatever the opposite character wants to know, or double down on what they're insinuating. He's a sweet-talking bullshitter (except for Elliot/Mr. Robot, where IIRC it's the only time he breaks the truth to him about his "revolution"). Which is all the more scary when you see him in his unhinged no-nonsense mode in the finale.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best shows on television right now. Season 3 was just on another level. Binged it over the last week and thought it was just stunning. Roll on season 4.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Saw the finale yesterday, amazing show and amazing season

Vera is back, Finally elliot will take revenge for the dead of the best girl on the show (I was expecting this since season 1)

BTW, who kill Romero? I was assuming it was Mr Robot but with the latest episodes
I not so sure of that

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Romero's death was a freak accident, he caught a stray bullet. They revealed that at the end of s2.

rhn94

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This isn't new or unique to this show; if you've watched enough movies/tv shows (actually good ones, ones that involve talking) you'd notice that people in positions of power do this in conversations to control it and drive it in a direction they want; also not unique to fiction, you'll notice this in real life too...

how certain political parties deflect/change the nature of conversations; or how shitty PR people try to distract from the problems

Ciphyde

Nov 22, 2017
Couldn't stand Irving, what a fkn slog of a character, and the actor as well. Almost ruined the season for me, but overall it was good, much better than s02 but def not better then goat s01

Mr_Black

Banned for having an alt account
Oct 27, 2017
One contrivance the entire season is pretty good. Didn't like this season as much as the last but still good

Deleted member 14900

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if I would rather have taken an axe than have to have everything I stood for destroyed. That was the worst part. =(

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Glad this shit was renewed. Holy cow, what a good time.
Other than suits (which is apparently about to lose two main characters), it's the only good show that USA has left. Once Mr Robot wraps up they have nothing. They need to find some old magic, I miss the days of Burn Notice, Psych, etc

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Irving is basically a more badass version of Pulp Fiction's Wolf.

At least, that's what he appears to be at first. A fixer, a cleaner. But the more you watch, the more you realise the entire weight of the Dark Army's plan rests on Irving's shoulders. The guy is awesome.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man this show is really escalating. Nice we get a 4th season. I had to re-watch the finale. Anyone have any thoughts as to if the "project" is real?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Man this show is really escalating. Nice we get a 4th season. I had to re-watch the finale. Anyone have any thoughts as to if the "project" is real?

No doubt, but no one knows what it is.

After the first episode with Whiterose standing in the power plant, and all of Angela's talk about "Resetting the world" and everything, I kinda expected Whiterose and the Dark Army to plan a nationwide detonation of nuclear plants.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Irving was a fantastic addition to the third series and the show exceled with him in it, my only concern is he's not coming back for series four.