• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
That felt so random but.... OK... I guess

Irving is amazing shame on you guys, shame on you.

That was the point. The random nature of his death is what causes some of the characters to be delusional about its effects: Mobley thought it was Dark Army picking them off to cover their tracks, which prompted him to escape and compromise fsociety's effectiveness further (ironic considering his fate in season 3...). Darlene on the other hand, was delusional about how Romero's death didn't mean the FBI was onto them, meanwhile Romero's death was actually inconsequential in the grand scheme of things because the FBI knew exactly who were responsible anyway.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant finale. Definetly the best show of 2017 in my opinion.

I just really wish Elliot could take the Dark Army down a peg or two. I'm tired of Whiterose winning.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I just really wish Elliot could take the Dark Army down a peg or two. I'm tired of Whiterose winning.

Think we'e going to have to wait a while for that to start happening, I think next series is going to continue to see more losses for Team Elliot.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

I think something will happen - Darlene dying in an accident or something along those lines - that will force Elliot try and help see the project become reality. The project actually working as a finale is almost too good to pass up.

Ciphyde

Nov 22, 2017
So no time travel for Elliot? Nuclear power creates a black hole that'll make everything alright...right???

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fantastic season, one of the best this year. Cannavale was incredible as always, they actually explained quite a bit of plot this time and everything seems headed in a nice direction and on a satisfying conclusion. 5 seasons max is a lock now.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm not sure how a time machine or something crazy even makes sense, I feel they've been trying REALLY hard to keep this show as grounded as possible.

..unless of course this is some meme I'm unaware of.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
S3 was the time machine. We even ended on the returning time traveling S1 character. Don't believe Whiterose's liesssss
lol no I don't want some symbolic BS!
Why do yall want sci-fi in this show so badly? It would ruin a great show.
I'm not going to lie, I thought season 3 was good but I also find myself less interested in wanting another season than I did before. I was really hyped for season 2 and 3 to come but now I'm not all that hyped for season 4. This show has been pretty good at subverting expectations so I'm still somewhat excited, but I feel like we know exactly how the rest of the show will go, whereas if the time machine was real....it could be insane.

Also, you can have a grounded tv show that includes a time machine. It's like the movie primer. That was done in a very grounded way and it was one of the best sci fi movies ever.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Irving is the standout of S3. I love his 'Uh-huh' whenever something goes catastrophically wrong. Big shout out to Dom as well for a great character arc.

The greatest asset for Mr Robot is having believable characters, despite unbelievable things happening.

I need to re-watch S3 now, but I'm not sure if the edge of my seat can take any more abuse. Incredible season of tension.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this show continues to absolutely blow me away. Darlene has always been one of my favorite characters and I've stuck with her for awhile now but damn she did Dom wrong. Irving was great, and the Elliot / Mr. Robot tug of war never gets old for me.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I finally caught up with this. What a fantastic season. I was not too fond of S2 but this one easily made the show into one of my recent favorites. Every episode was so much fun, but No. 5 was just in a league of it's own. Bravo Sam Esmail, Bravo!

Oct 25, 2017
What an amazing amazing season. So happy this is back to being S1 tier. just constantly gripping and it finally made the titular struggle with the main character fascinating. The Mr. Robot stuff this season was great. loved it all.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
After I watched the first episode I didn't get around to finishing to the rest of the episodes until today. Watched the remainder of the season and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure what to make of the post credit scene in the season finale though lol

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
After I watched the first episode I didn't get around to finishing to the rest of the episodes until today. Watched the remainder of the season and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure what to make of the post credit scene in the season finale though lol

In what way? Did you recognize the characters?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
In what way? Did you recognize the characters?

I thought at first that the man speaking to Darlene was Cisco but that isn't him. I can't tell if the characters are supposed to be known or not. Like are they a complete mystery or did I miss some detail of who they might be and who they are affiliated with?

Also not sure what White Rose's assistant said to Elliot before he died.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I thought at first that the man speaking to Darlene was Cisco but that isn't him. I can't tell if the characters are supposed to be known or not. Like are they a complete mystery or did I miss some detail of who they might be and who they are affiliated with?

Also not sure what White Rose's assistant said to Elliot before he died.

Spoiler for who the guy is:

It's Vera, the drugdealer from season one who killed Shayla and got busted out of prison by Elliot who hacked the prison network. Vera disappeared after that, and wasn't seen or heard from again up until that point. It's unknown why he's back or what he wants from Elliot.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler for who the guy is:

It's Vera, the drugdealer from season one who killed Shayla and got busted out of prison by Elliot who hacked the prison network. Vera disappeared after that, and wasn't seen or heard from again up until that point. It's unknown why he's back or what he wants from Elliot.

Whoa! Awesome. Thank you! That is definitely an interesting development. I forgot all about those events.

Thank you so much! I've been trying to look around and find what he said but have been having a difficult time tracking it down. I wonder why it was omitted from the subtitles but either way I'm really happy to stop wondering and know what was said.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up and finished season 3 last night. Good God.

This show is something else, and builds tension unlike anything I've ever seen. The moments in this show where it's just playing the repeating beat for an extended period of time in the background as shit is going down just puts me in an anxious state where I almost keep inching closer to the TV waiting for it to pop off. Just incredible.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
god damn I want to watch primer again.

I watch it confused every time, despite knowing what happens.
Do you really know what happens though??
primer-chart.jpg

Last edited:

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm thinking that time travel is just a huge red herring and misdirection. It's a bit too goofy, even for this show. We are basically shown time and time again that there's gonna be time travel, so I'm thinking there won't be any.
It could easily be some kind of Matrix set up. Mr. Alderson and some of the specifics of how working in a cubicle is portrayed evoked some soft feelings of the Matrix.

Just saw the last episode. It's not as flashy as the first season, but it's still one of the best television, I've seen to date.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That back and forth between barn and Angela's situation had me at the edge of my seat. I expected the season to end right there.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Super late to the party on this one, life kind of got in the way of me being able to digest this show every week. Thankfully I was able to pick up from where I left off and go from start to finish on Season 3 and goodness, what a good season this was. There is nothing out there quite like this show. Bring on Season 4 Sam, can't wait to see what other tricks you got under your sleeve!

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to seeing it, great season. I'd say it's on par or maybe even a little better than the first. I will say that the ending isn't as great as season 1 and 2's, though. The hook wasn't as inciting.

Also, Vera...I dunno. I'll have to be reminded of his character since it's been a really long time since I saw season 1 but it sorta feels like he might be really small fries for season 4. I mean, shit, we're dealing with the biggest terrorist attack and mothafuckin' alternate reality machines.

Also, did they ever explain why they completely changed the cinematography for episode 8? Was it to just tie it into the movie subplot of that episode? It looked so good that I was actually bummed when it went back to normal.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I just watched that episode and now only have two episodes left. Episode 8, with the kid and the movies/mosque, was probably the best one so far this season.

I'm going to try to finish it tonight. So far this season has been good. Definitely a big upgrade from last season, but not as good as the first, which was great.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they get to finish the planned arc, the final episode was written in a way that made it seem like they were unsure about renewal.

S308 is as good as TV gets.