• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
The people at the end of the episode

That's Sam Esmail right? the one who injected the drug into elliot?

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Something that's bothering me -

post credits scene at the end of season 3 had Vera strolling right up to Elliot's place with his boys.

Where's the continuity here? You would habe thought this would have lead into season 4 like the cold opening did with Pryce and Angela, but it's not addressed at all.

and Esmail appearing feels like more than a cameo. Getting Stephen King inserting himself into the Dark Tower for plot vibes.

Incredible premiere.

Angela isn't dead.

Fusionfrenzy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
Loved the hell out of series 1, enough to buy on Bluray, but series 2 left me so cold that I stopped halfway through and never went back. It was trash. Did it ever get any better?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the hell out of series 1, enough to buy on Bluray, but series 2 left me so cold that I stopped halfway through and never went back. It was trash. Did it ever get any better?
I'm of the nonstandard opinion that season 2 was brilliant and better than season 1.

Almost everyone agrees season 3 was fucking incredible though and some of the all time best television.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I didn't care for Angela, but I didn't expect her to go out like that.

I'm not convinced this is the last we'll see of her though.

There may be some "happy flashbacks" but she basically went from vegetative state to her "dad's" house. I don't think there's much she could have done in the meantime and she's not savvy she just takes instructions well.

OK Darlene. Angela is 100% dead.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Another one bites the dust , damn.

Shayla, Joanna and now Angela. I wasn't ready for any of them to go.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I only just started a few mins ago, but FUCK these opening few minutes already.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm of the nonstandard opinion that season 2 was brilliant and better than season 1.

Almost everyone agrees season 3 was fucking incredible though and some of the all time best television.

Yea, I really don't get the hate for Season 2.

Season 2 is why Mr. Robot is the best show on TV. It's a logical continuation of the consequences of Season 1, they ran with what they created and were 100% true to the characters and world they developed.

As for the first episode.

Fucking brilliant to start with "previously on Mr. Robot", halfway through the the conversation I started to think my memory failed me and I forgot part of the scene... until it started to hit me that this wasn't some recap, it was expanding the scene... once he started walking away with the partial frame on Angela, just knew it was over.

Also, I fucking pray to god Dom isn't done dirty... she doesn't deserve any of this shit.

Last edited:

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
For some reason the recaps are not avaialble in my country... um okay. Will watch some on Youtube and jump into Season four tonight. God it feels like ages since season three.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also loved how they pulled a Dead Space 2 with the credit fake out

Ellie from TLoU PII bares a striking resemblance to Dom

Last edited:

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Great first episode. Some super tense sequences. The Angela part surprised me. Also as mentioned plenty already that previously on leading right into the new episode was pretty neat.

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
The relentlessness of season 3 is continuing as if there hasn't been a two-year break. This is insane.

nekomix

Oct 30, 2017
Dayum this is keeping the high standards of season 3 ! That beginning caught me off guard, I saw it in the morning and that woke me up 😁

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
That translation from Elliot to Mr Robot when he just can't deal with Darlene anymore was perfect.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is the best show. I don't know what I'm going to do with the hole it leaves in my life when it's over.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damn at that opening. I'm not worried about them showing the drug dealer. They have 13 episodes to have some sort of flash back. I am confident they will, I mean how they started off with Angela how it left off in season 3.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to get to this soon!

I had watched Season 1 a year or two ago and didn't continue through Season 2 since I heard bad things at the time. I was sick this weekend and decided to jump back in and rewatch Season 1. It's even better on a rewatch, knowing what we know about Eliott at the end of Season 1. Going to plow through Season 2 but I'm fearing the worst: an entire season of Eliott's withdrawal dream. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Elliott's murder was staged to be sent to Whiterose and then they came back in to revive him after? Maybe it had to look as authentic as possible so they didn't warn him.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Elliott's murder was staged to be sent to Whiterose and then they came back in to revive him after? Maybe it had to look as authentic as possible so they didn't warn him.

I saw it as E-Corp finally getting back at Elliot for all the shit he's pulled and killing him, but when he yells about the bank, Price gets emboldened again to take on White Rose, especially after Angela

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to get to this soon!

I had watched Season 1 a year or two ago and didn't continue through Season 2 since I heard bad things at the time. I was sick this weekend and decided to jump back in and rewatch Season 1. It's even better on a rewatch, knowing what we know about Eliott at the end of Season 1. Going to plow through Season 2 but I'm fearing the worst: an entire season of Eliott's withdrawal dream. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Season 2 is incredible. No, his "withdrawal" doesn't last the whole season. I think the deception used for it wasn't necessary so I suppose I can see others critique there, but I have no idea why people think it's so fucking bad. I guess if you're hyper focused on Eliot and just want to see him hack everything like some badass digital Macguyver the entire time then sure it doesn't have what you want. His actual actions are sidelined for a bit and for good reason. That also allows the show to focus a bit on the surrounding cast which is very much needed to set up all the crazy emotional shit that starts pounding through Season 3.

But yeah I suppose tearing down Elliot's power fantasy a little was always going to turn some people off.

In any case, you owe it to yourself to get through, because the show as a whole is incredible all through.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, was that not the message White Rose's assistant wanted to deliver to keep Elliot in check? That was my read.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 is incredible. No, his "withdrawal" doesn't last the whole season. I think the deception used for it wasn't necessary so I suppose I can see others critique there, but I have no idea why people think it's so fucking bad. I guess if you're hyper focused on Eliot and just want to see him hack everything like some badass digital Macguyver the entire time then sure it doesn't have what you want. His actual actions are sidelined for a bit and for good reason. That also allows the show to focus a bit on the surrounding cast which is very much needed to set up all the crazy emotional shit that starts pounding through Season 3.

But yeah I suppose tearing down Elliot's power fantasy a little was always going to turn some people off.

In any case, you owe it to yourself to get through, because the show as a whole is incredible all through.

That sounds great. I love the entire cast. I'm down for more development. I really hope Tyrell is back in S2 (no spoilers please).

Having just rewatched the first Season, I think I'm fairly confident in saying it's the best first season of any show I've ever seen. Or maybe in equal contention with The Wire. Too often do shows take more than 1 season to hit their groove, but Mr. Robot hits the ground running so, so well.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

Yeah when I was watching it real time it was boring. The first half of the season, so a month and a half of watching, was neutered. And then you find out that you were being fooled, which was a cool moment for that episode, but it seemed like wasted time. However while binge watching it, it flies by and it is more watchable.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah, I really dug the cover of Little Drummer Boy that playing over the opening credits.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

Super clickbait title but it seems like she wanted this for character reasons and Sam is going to use it to propel Price forward.

I like this bit:

Over time, that was the only identity that she started to have throughout the series, this constant internal struggle of being seduced by the power that actually killed her mother, seduced by the power of society that makes those decisions, because she could have easily become a Price or a Terry Colby, while simultaneously being influenced by her morality and integrity that would pull her in the opposite direction. That is the question she's had: How do people like Terry Colby, who have a lot of power, sit there and make these decisions that ruin people's lives? That is what her quest was, answering that question: Was she capable of being that person?

It was just a power move.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So much happened in that one hour, holy fuck.

Angela, when Price opened his shirt to take off the wire I actually gasped, what a way to start the episode and the final series.

No idea how this is going to finish and how Sam Esmail is going to take us there but oh boy I think we're in for a hell of a treat. Also totally love/hate the fact its a weekly show.

Goodbye, friend.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah when I was watching it real time it was boring. The first half of the season, so a month and a half of watching, was neutered. And then you find out that you were being fooled, which was a cool moment for that episode, but it seemed like wasted time. However while binge watching it, it flies by and it is more watchable.
Absolutely agree. Binging season 2 is the right way to do it. Makes the story more urgent and the wait for questions to be answered more tolerable.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Elliot has been clean since S2, right? Is this little incident going to have him relapse?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Got home late last night from running around NYC all day. Started watching it tired but you better believe the first 5 minutes woke my ass up and never stopped.

Can't wait to see where this goes.