• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I was kinda hoping that Elliot somehow tries to make amends with Olivia Cortez, i hope we get to re-visit her in a later episode. I also want to see Dom have a happy ending after she got stabbed.

Oct 26, 2017
Elliot put it in his E-Wallet. He is the top 1% of the top 1%. They say power corrupts...

That can't be right. Elliot is not going to make himself a danger to Whiterose by holding all that money. He's going to completely fuck her up by making the money disappear. The transfers were done at Cyprus National Bank (generic CNB numbers patched together).

I was kinda hoping that Elliot somehow tries to make amends with Olivia Cortez, i hope we get to re-visit her in a later episode. I also want to see Dom have a happy ending after she got stabbed.

I do believe there's one more scene that we should expect from Olivia (I don't recall this being in the earlier episodes unless it's a deleted scene).

There was a scene in the trailer where she asks Elliot if what he did was worth hurting people. I imagine this is because Elliot tries to make amends with her, but she's still damaged by his antics in trying to get her and her boss's credentials.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Michael Cristofer in this series has helped me get over the fact that we're never getting an ending to Rubicon.

I can't help but think that Esmail was a fan himself.

That was a really enjoyable episode of television.

Last edited:

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I don't think I've ever seen such a great streak of episodes. Episodes 405, 407 and now 409 are a lesson in writing and directing (and acting, and the rest, etc.!)

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Yeah I wondered about this as well. Why on earth would they all put their money in one bucket? (or maybe I missed something)
Panama Papers are real and likely the influence of the Cyprus bank. Rich people aren't always the most intelligent.

Didn't need Trump in the show. Esmail could have kept that garbage out of it and had a perfect run of a season(so far). The show is before he ever announced to run for office, and irl its obvious he's just a big buffoon being told what to do.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Panama Papers are real and likely the influence of the Cyprus bank. Rich people aren't always the most intelligent.

Didn't need Trump in the show. Esmail could have kept that garbage out of it and had a perfect run of a season(so far). The show is before he ever announced to run for office, and irl its obvious he's just a big buffoon being told what to do.

Whiterose started orchestrating his presidential run in season 3 with that Infowars guy.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
You're forgetting how much he hates trump.
So acknowleding him and putting him in your tv show is a way to show hate? In a show with an alternate reality from 2015 going on? Seems like a waste of production and time based on a show that everything seems to be so meticulously planned out.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best scene "What is this?"

that fucking smirk on Prices face "Well, if its what I think it is, then we are all broke", dude went out like a fucking boss.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I can't remember why but I just remember that there was a time where I actually liked seeing him get slayed by whiterose

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This season is such a eye catcher. Every shot, the sound design, acting. I will miss Mr. Robot.

Oct 30, 2017
South Coast, UK
I'm a little anxious about the next episode. I have the same feeling as when I saw Twin Peaks The Return Part 17. Like, where the hell do we go from here after we got what would otherwise be the finale in any normal show?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
9xchl14xsf341.jpg

You guys ready to bring everyone back?

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I just realized that this is probably where the fourth season would likely have ended had they followed through with the 5 season plan, plot wise. Likely would have an extra episode somewhere to get it to 10 and end with a cliffhanger of some sort. Last season would then be aftermath, dealing with Whiterose and her project, etc.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
I regret binge-watching to catch up the past two weeks only to have to wait for the final four episodes. Been enjoying this season so far.

One thing that sticks out like a sore thumb to me is how much happens on Christmas Day alone, but I don't take a huge issue with it.

Oct 28, 2017
I just don't care about them as a couple. can't believe this is the whole episode

I can. I think this episode is really effectively builds tension to the max. These two will never live without anxiety or paranoia.

I found this episode to be very similar to the finale of The Soprano from the point that you are really put in Tony's shoes just waiting for the bottom to constantly fallout.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Talk about subverting expectations.
I was nervous throughout. Semi happy ending and likely the only one we'll get to this story.

Glad neither of them died.

Oct 26, 2017
How so?

Both characters end up in a cross roads that sets them up for what they ultimately need

- Dom breaks free and gets her first real sleep in "5 years"
- Darlene starts to learn to be by her self and not co-dependent with Elliot, or Dom or any of the other people

Precisely. I think the issue is that people wanted to believe the air crash theory, but on its own, episode 410 is more about character development. The common theme is about letting go. Darlene learns to let go of her obsessive codependency (which was a sharp reaction to Cisco's death), and Dom learns to let go of paranoia and negative emotions.

Not to mention, it no longer makes sense for the Dark Army to do a grand destructive scene like crashing an airplane. They no longer have the monetary resources or the power structures in place to enable them to do it.