• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
I can't believe this is the same show as the edgy Fight Club rip off I almost gave up watching in Season 1. It has come a really long way and I don't think there is anything better in TV right now. If they nail the final this could be my new favorite show of all time. I love everything about it, the acting, the storytelling, the cinematography, the music... I will really miss this show, but it's better to stop while being at the top.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking that the money supply wasn't really increased to begin with. They just transferred it.
Because lower-income people spend more of their income, it's going to be a massive economic stimulus. Which, after all the shit they fucked up on 5/9, is going to be a very good thing for the economy.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because lower-income people spend more of their income, it's going to be a massive economic stimulus. Which, after all the shit they fucked up on 5/9, is going to be a very good thing for the economy.
Yes. I also thought about this. That the rich tend to have a lower mpc and all that. It was just an interesting thing to think about.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Ohhhh, and Leon is watching "A Land Before Time". Stop it, Esmail!

Another fun fact: this "Annual Alderson Family Road Trip" scene was an implanted lie, not from a disjointed memory. Darlene/Elliot have never been on a road trip before.

But then again, he did take a road trip to Steel Mountain. Unless... that's not Elliot. dun dun dun...
*Sam Sepiol intensifies*

Last edited:

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Kirblar you're my best advocate in this silly theory. I...

WillingCaringEland-size_restricted.gif

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Steel Mountain also where he brutalizes that one guy with language in a way very uncharacteristic of any of the personalities we know.
My memory of this show is so bad, I dont remember that lol. Gonna make the full rewatch even better!
Great episode, I was expecting them to not follow up on last episode, and this was a great way to do it.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
My memory of this show is so bad, I dont remember that lol. Gonna make the full rewatch even better!
Great episode, I was expecting them to not follow up on last episode, and this was a great way to do it.
Considering how long it's been since the first season I think it's fair, I've forgotten a lot too. The two year wait between S3 and S4 didn't help.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
The one-sided nature of the Dom/Darlene relationship is critical to why the ending works. Darlene is into Dom. Dom never reciprocates that after the betrayal.

Dom literally masturbates to Darlene. She even goes so far that she did get on that plane under the intention of taking a vacation with Darlene. She's totally into her.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Great episode, the characters didnt get what they wanted but what they needed.

Dom had a nothing life even before the dark army (remember all the boring Dom at home scenes in season 2) and living for herself is the leap she needed to make.

Darlene's the master of running from problems, staying and building a criminal empire, or solving cybercrimes as a fed w/ Joey Badass is her 'victory' (Hell, he even gave her 'you're a boss bitch' speech at the airport summing up her themes/issues/character arc)

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The whole episode you're waiting for "it" to happen. When I saw that rack of hardcovers in the airport store I was like "Hmmm? Irving... OH FUCK, HERE IT IS."

But then "they don't care anymore".

😶

Dom had a nothing life even before the dark army (remember all the boring Dom at home scenes in season 2) and living for herself is the leap she needed to make.
"Alexa is a robot you use to buy paper towels!"

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dom literally masturbates to Darlene. She even goes so far that she did get on that plane under the intention of taking a vacation with Darlene. She's totally into her.
Yes this was another thing that showed how messed up their "relationship" was. Masturbating to police surveillance of someone is a definite disqualifier. Darlene should've been creeped out by this.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's the only person Dom's slept with in a long, long, time. Physical attraction and romantic attraction aren't the same.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Dom is a radically lonely woman who is constantly in the midst of some kind of crisis, be it physical or mental.

Darlene is similar in that she is a criminal who basically lives in danger, but she's atleast got some security around her own identity and relationships.

My impression of their relationship is that they have that commonality of being lonely and in a situation few could understand and that leads to them getting each other, but they don't have the stability they need to commit to one another. Largely, they want each other because they're the only ones there for each other, but they're very different ideals and opinions would not make them compatible long term.

But they are still better for having known and helped each other.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
She's the only person Dom's slept with in a long, long, time. Physical attraction and romantic attraction aren't the same.

there's also that line she tells Darlene about "when you're ready to grow up".

It's subtle but it has a fair amount of implications as to how Dom views Darlene. I feel she's more attracted to her physically than anything else? Unsure.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does seem like an odd decision to keep mentioning that they were on Dark Army territory with no payoff.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
That was definitely Dom's goodbye. Even if it wasn't Darlene's goodbye, that was a fantastic moment of transformation in the bathroom. Since I enjoy both characters (and Leon and Irving!) I loved this episode. It's all next level TV imo.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I had a feeling after last week's episode that these last few were going to 'feel' like character wrap-ups & epilogues.

This week solidified that, but I honestly think, as far as this sorta thing goes typically in these sorta 'prestige' shows, they handled it very, very well.

Bravo to Esmail and crew for delivering an amazing subversion of expectation here with the airport romantic meet-up. I was honestly convinced for a moment that Dom & Darlene would be on that plane together. But the moment they switched places, I realized that what I wanted was for them to go off as a couple, when in reality they likely wouldn't have been together long-term, and ultimately, making the choices they did make is overall better for both of them as individuals. Glad Dom finally got to get some sleep.

Incredible show. Everything is just glorious. This is turning into one of my favorite final seasons. Just gotta stick the landing now.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
episode kinda felt like The Fly of Mr. Robot, something the creator probably really wanted to do (Rom-Com subverting) and might be a bit divisive. I sorta wish I had waited a week to watch it, it probably flows better if you can jump straight to the next episode.

All the easter eggs were cool though, some really interesting ones on the subreddit and posted above. I don't even really understand the dark army at this point, hope that gets a bit cleared up - who is their boss (Whiterose?), what are their goals now, why didn't they care about Darlene/Dom anymore, etc

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
All the easter eggs were cool though, some really interesting ones on the subreddit and posted above. I don't even really understand the dark army at this point, hope that gets a bit cleared up - who is their boss (Whiterose?), what are their goals now, why didn't they care about Darlene/Dom anymore, etc

I thought it was because they're probably being called in to help with the project in some way (like protection or something idk).

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even really understand the dark army at this point, hope that gets a bit cleared up - who is their boss (Whiterose?), what are their goals now, why didn't they care about Darlene/Dom anymore, etc
They're going all-in with Whiterose's machine. Once it's activated, nothing that happened will matter anymore.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
episode kinda felt like The Fly of Mr. Robot, something the creator probably really wanted to do (Rom-Com subverting) and might be a bit divisive. I sorta wish I had waited a week to watch it, it probably flows better if you can jump straight to the next episode.
Funny thing is, this episode has been hinted at since the first season i.e. Darlene trying to flee away to a different country (specifically Budapest). There was no other way to do this episode especially after what happened to Dom.

But yeah, the wait for the next episode is just tragedy, cuz.

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing's going to happen to Dom. The end of the episode makes it pretty clear that this was a character development thing for both Darlene and Dom. Darlene realizes that she doesn't have to cling onto people, and Dom realizes that she doesn't have to cling onto paranoia.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing's going to happen to Dom. The end of the episode makes it pretty clear that this was a character development thing for both Darlene and Dom. Darlene realizes that she doesn't have to cling onto people, and Dom realizes that she doesn't have to cling onto paranoia.

How is that an argument for "nothing is gonna happen to Dom" tho lol

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019

But Dom went back to the plane thinking Darlene was there and Darlene left because Dom wasnt there. Once they both figure out what happened won't Darlene want to go and be with her?

Also, I hated that ep with its anti rom com ending or whatever that was. There was never a shred of chemistry behind Dom/Darlene in the first place, just Dom fantasizing about Darlene but Darlene never showed any real interest in her until this ep.

Last edited: