• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
She's been seen watching the vans in multiple episodes now. It's not hard to believe that she gave him those plates and that was that.

Although, to clarify, the people that came in the house in the beginning were his men right? Not dark army?
Nope. They all got murdered.

*edit hmmm, that's not what I got from it.
I'm pretty damn sure it was DA army first, holding them hostage, then Dom's friend comes in with his team and murders everyone. Based on the timeline, phone call, and the bloody phone.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Nope. They all got murdered.

*edit hmmm, that's not what I got from it.
I'm pretty damn sure it was DA army first, holding them hostage, then Dom's friend comes in with his team and murders everyone. Based on the timeline, phone call, and the bloody phone.
That's what I thought at first. But the bloody phone was in a cup holder right? That would mean he was killed in the van before attacking the house. Also we never see or hear Janice mention that they've already grabbed her family or anything. Just that she's going to kill them

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I thought at first. But the bloody phone was in a cup holder right? That would mean he was killed in the van before attacking the house. Also we never see or hear Janice mention that they've already grabbed her family or anything. Just that she's going to kill them
Think of it this way, if DA was in the vans, they would've freaked the fuck out if they saw some random crew storm the place. That's what sells me on it mostly.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I thought that but they stormed in before the phone call, no?
Well in this scenario that was the Irish. In the whole episode I don't think we ever see Janice talk to anyone on the phone. She almost does but cancels the first time. We can assume the Irish killed the DA vans and then stormed in to kidnap them

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Well in this scenario that was the Irish. In the whole episode I don't think we ever see Janice talk to anyone on the phone. She almost does but cancels the first time. We can assume the Irish killed the DA vans and then stormed in to kidnap them
I remember DA mentioning every single family member on the phone right after they stormed in. Janice reiterates.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I remember DA mentioning every single family member on the phone right after they stormed in. Janice reiterates.
Hmm I just rewatched the break in and there's no mention. Janice later does say some stuff about having her family under surveillance but I don't think she's on the phone

Edit: found the scene. It's after Darlene won't give up Elliot after Dom is stabbed. She's listing off how many family members but mentions that she has surveillance outside of the house. They just know who went in the house but that's it. She's also not talking to anybody on the phone yet

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Great episode. Following up last week's which was one of the bst episodes of TV ever was a tall order but they succeeded well. Loved the Elliot stuff and Dom going John Wick was A+.

With 5 episodes left of the entire show I hope they're going to start focusing on Whiterose more heavily now though.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
it's a show. you can suspend disbelief enough to believe she was trained in keeping calm enough to do that in an emergency.

"It's a show" only works as a defense when people are nitpicking extremely minute things like "if it's supposed to be winter, why can't we see their breath when they speak?". This show is aiming for something a bit more grounded than, say, Banshee (super hackers aside), so it's hard to ignore the fact that the writers turned a basic FBI agent into John Wick after they had her spend 10+ minutes drowning in her own blood just so they could quickly wrap up the storyline before the finale. It felt cheap and totally robbed the Dark Army of their menace. Janice was basically a mustache twirling villain who did the stereotypical "I'm going to pointlessly stall just long enough for the hero to gain the upper hand" thing when in previous episodes the Dark Army were ruthless and efficient.

And I took the call thing to be "hey if you call me 5 times and I don't pick up, then proceed with the "save my family" plan."

It didn't help that I had just watched the newest Rick and Morty where they make fun of the "this was my plan all along!" thing. Like, I could have taken that on its own, but on top of everything else? Nah.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Janice was basically a mustache twirling villain who did the stereotypical "I'm going to pointlessly stall just long enough for the hero to gain the upper hand" thing when in previous episodes the Dark Army were ruthless and efficient.

I don't see how she was pointlessly stalling? It didn't take her long to straight up stab Dom in her lung, and then quickly moved on to threatening the family which finally convinced Darlene to talk.

And that's despite her actually having justification in keeping Dom/Dom's family alive if possible, as she'd still be a useful mole.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone find it interesting how the shot lingered on the E-Corp ad with Tyrell when Elliot and Krista were in the back of the cab? 🤔

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
The episode was fantastic like always.

Not to diminish the impact of the episode, but did anyone else notice the boom mic in the shot around the 16:50 mark when Krista and Elliot were talking in front of the police station? I don't normally notice that stuff, but it was super weird for a show as carefully crafted as this to have such an obvious goof happen.

SYd2z6GwtJQCpjmI-gcpeKB7FhoRiinjhCiMrFaIxf0.png

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017

Not to diminish the impact of the episode, but did anyone else notice the boom mic in the shot around the 16:50 mark when Krista and Elliot were talking in front of the police station? I don't normally notice that stuff, but it was super weird for a show as carefully crafted as this to have such an obvious goof happen.

That's just a floating Amazon Echo playing music. As seen by the closed captioning.

What's honestly annoying to me is the network bug that never seems to leave. Goes for many channels but some just stay for 30 seconds and bugger off.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

Yeah I noticed that and was surprised it wasn't caught.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think that the scene in the museum was just Elliot disassociating. My understanding is that when people with DID disassociate they go to the Inner World and another alter fronts. The entire trip seemed very dreamlike, and specifically there weren't any time stamps like there have been throughout the last few episodes, which leads me to believe he got on the train not to go to the museum, but allsafe.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I noticed that there was a plane flying by in the beginning scene and remembered there being a few scenes in past episodes/seasons with Darlene that also had plane references in them...

People on reddit noticed too...

if Dom and Darlene try to escape the DA via plane they are totally gonna die :(

OP
OP
Vectorman

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
It's still amazing that Season 1 Episode 4 Daemons is the episode that keeps on giving: We know what Elliot's monster is and he has now found the key. The next thing for Elliot is that he needs to turn the key. And previously he wasn't able to open it since Dream Angela said that the key didn't fit. I'm assuming the key might have something to do with Whiterose and the project. I really do think 'the other one' has previously known Whiterose before S1. How much is something we'll find out soon.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Anyone else stumble across this article on who the 3rd personality might be? Its a quick read and if its true.... wow, what a twist...

I'm just laughing at the absurdity of how this would be revealed at this point.
SERIES FINALE CLIMAX
Mr. Robot: "You just don't get it, do you? Let me show you the Truth!"
*takes off hat and suddenly becomes happy*
*puts hat back on again and gets super pissed off*
Elliot: "Holy fuck!!!!!!"
Whiterose: "um, hello, I'm building a time machine or some shit over here"

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Daem. I'm all in. For the time being I'm enjoying lowlife Elliot.

Daem I took that back dummy quick.

I enjoyed it more when he was unapologetic and not making cool gals kill themselves in the bathroom 😬 (or whatever she did to herself, I'm not done with the episode yet because rl stuff keeps gettin in the way)

Also Vera stays fucking goat omg so glad to see him back lmao

edit: god I write these posts and then feel bad for stanning terrible people

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
Daem I took that back dummy quick.

I enjoyed it more when he was unapologetic and not making cool gals kill themselves in the bathroom 😬 (or whatever she did to herself, I'm not done with the episode yet because rl stuff keeps gettin in the way)

Also Vera stays fucking goat omg so glad to see him back lmao

I get to watch it again fresh... through your eyes, friend...

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm reading the impressions here on episode 6 and I can't agree on the Vera consensus. He's too fun and his obsession with Elliot is super interesting, as is the prospect of him getting involved with Dark Army shit once he finds out wtf is going on. Very excited to se how that plays out.

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else stumble across this article on who the 3rd personality might be? Its a quick read and if its true.... wow, what a twist...

This makes no sense for the simple reason that the clothing does not represent different sides to Mr. Robot. In fact, s2e5 directly contradicts this when you see that Mr. Robot (lacking in clothing) was still aggressive towards Elliot's desire to know what happened after 5/9 hack executed. He lies to Elliot and says that he did shoot Tyrell Wellick. This contradicts the idea that NoHat-Robot is kind and sensitive. If anything, the lack of clothing symbolizes Mr. Robot being in vulnerable and sensitive situations. Mr. Robot was portrayed as not having a hat when Irving reveals to him that his revolution was hijacked because the 1% allowed it to exist, and that Elliot was never in control.

The 3rd personality is either Young Elliot, or a character that we have yet to see. Keep in mind that it would also have to fit in the context of Elliot's DID. What I mean by that is Elliot's DID exists because he desires a normal family given his abusive experiences. His "mother" is portrayed whenever Mr. Robot fucks up and when Young Elliot goes outside the confines of his existence. Not to mention, Mr. Robot's existence is because Elliot idealized Mr. Robot as being the father that he needed rather than the one he had.

I'm reading the impressions here on episode 6 and I can't agree on the Vera consensus. He's too fun and his obsession with Elliot is super interesting, as is the prospect of him getting involved with Dark Army shit once he finds out wtf is going on. Very excited to se how that plays out.

im just gonna stop posting about liking people in this show

Screen-Shot-2019-06-14-at-10.56.31-AM.png

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up!
I was a bit disappointed that all that buildup and amazing acting in 407 led to something so predictable. They can only revisit the story around the window fall so many times before my mind goes through different likely scenarios, and then it ends up being the most predictable of all - especially given that we were already led to believe at the end of season 1 that his father was abusive and pushed him from the window then. So even if he didn't, he was clearly a deciding factor in that fall. And then there was that time when Elliot said to his dying father that he will never forgive him, in that vision, or was it a memory.
I was so much in "is that really it?" state of mind that I wouldn't have been surprised that they were going to reveal in 408 that the whole session was a staged act between Elliot and Krista, as a trap for Vera. Although I realize that would have been disrespectful, and also made Elliot look like an even more of a manipulative monster after the shit he pulled off on that woman in the previous episode. But I have to admit I was especially led to believe that's what they were going for when Elliot kept repeating during the session that his father was his friend, where it didn't really seem that way in previous seasons.
In any case, absolutely amazing acting from everyone involved, and crazy tense.

I also felt a bit indifferent about Tyrell's death. I thought it was a weak setup, as if they wanted to get rid of him as quickly as possible, and Tyrell himself was somehow completely out of character, made to go from determined to weak in such a short time for no good. deserved reason.

For me, the most potent moments so far in the season were White Rose's backstory, and the Phillip's failed attempt to protect Angela. The hack and the action in 405 was as tense as the best they had in the show. Loved that episode.

Oh and Dom stays badass, and possibly the most interesting character in the show. Wanted to jump out of the chair, cheering for what she's done in 408.

Last edited:

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
You'd rather they use child abuse as a weird Mastermind asspull then actual legitimate drama that has made actual people who've gone through stuff similar feel like they've been helped? Pls

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
You'd rather they use child abuse as a weird Mastermind asspull then actual legitimate drama that has made actual people who've gone through stuff similar feel like they've been helped? Pls
That's why I said I realize it would have been disrespectful. But I was confused at Elliot's insistence that his dad was his friend.