• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We did it! We won!

OrnateSmugKouprey-size_restricted.gif

Nothing can go wrong n-

Oh fuck there's still 4 episodes left.

lb1yj4goh5241.jpg

Of course they had to

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that lol

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't the Deus group still have assets like stocks, properties and business investments?
You can't pay people with assets in short time. It also takes time to convert to cash, so if this Deus Group is really controlling the world, a lot of liquid is pretty much needed. "Hold up, mercenaries, I'll pay you as soon as I cash out some stock." is not something any person wants to hear.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Whiterose took the biggest L lol

Killing Price in public was such a bad move, if she had waited 5 minutes she could've maybe see eliott bounce before but instead she got caught up in the moment.

She's done, got seen handing out an execution and lost all that money. I don't see any cards left in her disposal.

Great episode!

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So is this already the end of Whiterose? Is she being killed off screen?
On one hand that was the perfect final shot for her character, on the other it feels incomplete.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So is this already the end of Whiterose? Is she being killed off screen?
On one hand that was the perfect final shot for her character, on the other it feels incomplete.
Yeah, I think the killing sealed her fate. NY has cameras everywhere and I assume she had just lost all of her powerful friends after the heist.

I have no idea how they can continue her character in the next 4 episodes. Eliott still needs to see whats on that drive though about her project.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I think the killing sealed her fate. NY has cameras everywhere and I assume she had just lost all of her powerful friends after the heist.

I have no idea how they can continue her character in the next 4 episodes. Eliott still needs to see whats on that drive though about her project.

I just expected one final face to face confrontation with Elliot with she possibly explaining what is she doing.
Add it to the pile of unexpected things about this series.

Basically we have only Elliot, Darlene, Mr. Robot and the third personality as the only major characters remaining. Dom possibly, but she feels complete as an arc as well basically, I feel her presence will be secondary for the remaining of the series.

We still have 4 episodes left and all these characters are gone. Angela, Tyrell, Whiterose, Price, Vera... I wonder how many would've bet something like this happening.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had Darlene made it explicitly clear that she knows about the specific alters before? We knew she had some awareness of Elliot's issues, but this showed she was a lot more aware than I had thought.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
That episode would have hit a lot harder if they hadn't put the Whiterose plot on hold for like 5 episodes.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Price baiting and baiting Whiterose into ultimately shooting him in plain view was fantastic. To paraphrase what he said at the end, "you did this to yourself".

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this ending. Bringing F Society back was nostalgic. Elliot is the 4th personality. This episode was so good and there's 4 left. Price went out with a bang.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"How does Elliot keep his apartment despite not having a job" is probably a question with an actual answer coming in the final eps.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
"How does Elliot keep his apartment despite not having a job" is probably a question with an actual answer coming in the final eps.

Never got the impression that was really a question. He has had in the past/had a good job, lives in a bad part of town, not exactly materialistic. Darlene at one point early in the series talks about scamming free postmates.

The big reveal will probably be what was referenced in the beginning conversation this episode re: what Elliot "did"

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It made me laugh., of course they had to.

Is Trump the only real world person that has been referenced in Mr. Robot by the way?
I maybe remember Obama appearing on TV in an episode but I'm not sure.

EDIT: wait I'm an idiot, this episode actually started with a scene in the preview in which Whiterose meets various real world leaders, lol.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
This episode was major. I loved the new fsociety video. Awesome callback, at the perfect time.

This shows cast is so great. I'm glad Mr. Robot is still around after the recent reveal about Elliot's dad.

I'm really curious about the nature of Whiterose's machine. What's all this crazy business about bringing back dead people? I just hope it's clever, and not some totally anticlimactic scam.

I thought Price got off incredibly lightly after mocking Whiterose to her face and acknowledging his part in derailing her plans. I kept waiting for one of the Dark Army goons to step in and cut off his fingers or something. Whiterose is ruthless.

As usual the weeklong wait for the next episode is going to be agonizing. I haven't found a great show I didn't want to binge.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Man what the fuck?! I have the season purchased on iTunes and get up early Mondays to watch. This week the listing for the episode doesn't work in apple's tv app and it's not even there on iTunes. Tv app wants to open the episode in Hulu. Also I swear the season was on Amazon prime before but now it's not. Fucking hell I'm angry.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Man what the fuck?! I have the season purchased on iTunes and get up early Mondays to watch. This week the listing for the episode doesn't work in apple's tv app and it's not even there on iTunes. Tv app wants to open the episode in Hulu. Also I swear the season was on Amazon prime before but now it's not. Fucking hell I'm angry.

The iTunes version of the episode isn't up yet as it normally is. I'm also an iTunes season pass user. If you go to iTunes you'll see that you can only purchase up to episode 8. The TV app knows you watch the show and is giving you access it based on current availability.

Great episode by the way. The music was insanely good.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Visually stunning and exhilarating. Music was so good I didn't mind when it threatened to drown out the dialogue (which is a pet peeve of mine). I thought there was only 2 more episodes to go until I looked it up. I'm glad USA are giving Esmail free reign to end the show how he wants it to instead of rushing the conclusion like some shows are forced into.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I feel like y'all acting like Whiterose is done are severely underestimating her. Zhang killed Price. Whiterose was sitting in her residence.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like y'all acting like Whiterose is done are severely underestimating her. Zhang killed Price. Whiterose was sitting in her residence.
I doubt this is the end of Whiterose. The season starts early on with a montage of her influence. She is incredibly capable. I wouldn't even surprised if the Deus Group rebels against her and she scorches earth just to get her machine up and running.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Literally sit down in my work chair and instantly get a notification that Mr. Robot Ep 9 is up on iTunes. Fucking hell. Now I won't get to watch it until tomorrow.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The score while Phillip was talking to Whiterose was perfect.

''I'm a Mercenary, i'd rather see you lose than win myself''

fucking incredible.

I love it when your so into a series that your kinda sad that its inevitable going to end.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
yeah all the guys around Whiterose should've probably just walked away at that moment when they knew she had no money to pay them.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Whiterose ain't done lmao

And yeah, obv. FBI. Mercs don't knock more than...well ever.

8.9/10 episode

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
So goddamn satisfying. The music, the camera shots, Price dunking on Whiterose. Fuck yes.