• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
The apartment makes sense for Elliot as he had a job and it was a shitty neighborhood.

I'd question his massive purchasing of computer equipment any time he had to burn the PC.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't know how they manage to keep the tension going so hard in this show. It's not good for me.

I'm still expecting some Hideaki Anno type craziness with the ending.
Whiterose ain't done lmao

And yeah, obv. FBI. Mercs don't knock more than...well ever.
There could be a loose thread here with Dom. An FBI agent doesn't just call-in a chest wound, lying in an apartment with three freshly dead bodies, without questions being asked. Her family is in a safe house, so she can freely talk. If she survived.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
honestly for a split second Whiterose almost had me with the Angela lie. Especially since many here seemed to think the picture was fake.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I don't know how they manage to keep the tension going so hard in this show. It's not good for me.

I'm still expecting some Hideaki Anno type craziness with the ending.

There could be a loose thread here with Dom. An FBI agent doesn't just call-in a chest wound, lying in an apartment with three freshly dead bodies, without questions being asked. Her family is in a safe house, so she can freely talk. If she survived.

Alternatively it could be the Lucky Irish Bastard if he had made it to the safehouse. That being said I don't see where Dom get's the knowledge of where WR is located either.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Alternatively it could be the Lucky Irish Bastard if he had made it to the safehouse. That being said I don't see where Dom get's the knowledge of where WR is located either.
They weren't breaking down the door of Whiterose, they were breaking down the door of Minister Zhang.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It feels so good to see Elliot and Darlene to score such a major win after the whole season has been extremely bleak so far. Maybe I will just pretend this was the series finale and ignore the dark path that will undoubtly await us in the last few episodes.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
it was nice to see whiterose with her back against the wall for once but it didn't really feel all that earned imo

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Man what the fuck?! I have the season purchased on iTunes and get up early Mondays to watch. This week the listing for the episode doesn't work in apple's tv app and it's not even there on iTunes. Tv app wants to open the episode in Hulu. Also I swear the season was on Amazon prime before but now it's not. Fucking hell I'm angry.

Same thing happened to me. Interesting. Called up Apple and they rectified it quick.

Episode keeps the momentum going. It's not the end of Whiterose. No way. She's got one last ace up her sleeve. Watch.

Shoutout to Price and Cristofer. Did not expect the man and his character to become my favorite, taking Tyrell's place.

Damn, how this will end is ANYONE's guess. but Esmail is not going to dissapoint. Not expecting a happy ending, at most, it'll be bittersweet.

Thing is, you can't put Elliot through so much hardship writing-wise and not at least hint at a hopeful future once the final frame ends.

That said, Esmail has his vision, and I'm down for it.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
That was an intense episode. No way that's the end of Whiterose. She'll scorch earth before being taken that easily. And guaranteed that wasn't the last we've seen of Wellick, either. They'll have to revisit what he stumbled upon at the end of his last episode. No way they'd leave his story at that, surely?

I can't believe there are 4 episodes left. Does that mean it's running until the 29th? Highly unusual for a US tv show to run over Christmas, isn't it? They usually wrap up or go on a break from mid-December. Or maybe the final 2 episodes will air the Sunday before christmas as a double bill?

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That was an intense episode. No way that's the end of Whiterose. She'll scorch earth before being taken that easily. And guaranteed that wasn't the last we've seen of Wellick, either. They'll have to revisit what he stumbled upon at the end of his last episode. No way they'd leave his story at that, surely?
Not only Tyrell Wellick, I'm fairly certain we'll see Angela again.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My head hurts... but in a good way.

Honestly have no idea where the series is going to end up and who's going to be the winners and losers, if anyone at all.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
While I love this season, Im on this line:

it was nice to see whiterose with her back against the wall for once but it didn't really feel all that earned imo

You've had two seasons of assistants telling her that she's been fucking up dealing with Elliot, so for her to let herself get in so over her head when she's been in control for most of the show seems crazy uncharacteristic.

It all boils down to if the sci-fi herring is real; because her overwhelming zealotry is the only thing that can explain at how every given sign she was given to slow down she pushed on.

Oct 26, 2017
While I love this season, Im on this line:

You've had two seasons of assistants telling her that she's been fucking up dealing with Elliot, so for her to let herself get in so over her head when she's been in control for most of the show seems crazy uncharacteristic.

It all boils down to if the sci-fi herring is real; because her overwhelming zealotry is the only thing that can explain at how every given sign she was given to slow down she pushed on.

The whole reason that Zhang/Whiterose continues to be enabled by Elliot is because he's the only one that can give her the shipping hack on her timeline. If Elliot dies at any point before the new year, that hack is gone. If anything, the fatal flaw is Whiterose's slavish devotion to doing things on her timeline and how that fucks everything up.

Also, I wouldn't say that Whiterose was entirely in control. For much of season 1, she's at the behest of fsociety's 5/9 plans because it accelerated her plan to move into the Congo for the coltan mines. In season 2, Ecoin almost fucked up her plans as it would have allowed ECorp to bounce back, until she executed Stage 2 out of pettiness to Price. Every move she's made, she's made some equally disastrous errors that undermined her original plan (Stage 2 = extreme security = longer timeframe for shipment hack).

I think people need to realize that Whiterose and the Dark Army aren't as infallible as they think. Elliot was able to hack the Dark Army in season 3 by baiting them into thinking Stage 3 was a thing (and before that, irresponsible DA members allowed themselves to get hacked with the cellphone bit in season 2).

It makes sense that Whiterose finally got burnt. And it was all because she didn't anticipate Tyrell Wellick's death, and treated the meeting with Price as if she was a step ahead of him, when the reality was that he was 2 steps ahead of her.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Still can't get over what an amazing season this has been. We are truly blessed to be living in the age of FSociety.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Fantastic episode I didn't think they would be able to match the tension of the prior hack from a couple episodes ago. The build-up of that track while Price was giving his speech was executed flawlessly. Side-note I can't believe in 2019 I was on the edge of my couch looking at wireshark packets on tv in anticipation.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
So did Vera and Krista see Elliot yelling at Mr Robot when he was asking him about the information or was that supposed to be all in his head

I hope Vera saw

He deserves to experience the full madness

Oct 26, 2017
So did Vera and Krista see Elliot yelling at Mr Robot when he was asking him about the information or was that supposed to be all in his head

I hope Vera saw

He deserves to experience the full madness

Considering Elliot yells shut up to Mr. Robot, and then faces Krista to ask her what she noted down, I think its pretty obvious that Mr. Robot responded at certain points.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America

Several of her assistants have correctly pointed out that Elliot was her one biggest weakness, and if it wasn't for Elliot basically coming through in the clutch and giving WR what she wanted with a hack to get her project shipped to the Congo, Elliot & Darlene would've been dead in that barn.

Elliot spent months going underground, working his few leads to try and find where WR was most vulnerable. From the beginning of the show, Elliot/MR has always said that the top 1% of the top 1%'s power comes from money. Elliot just hadn't made the connection that WR & the DA's power all stems from this vast collection of wealth.

I also take this all as a massive sign that WR grew overly-confident as her objective was nearly complete, especially after how she managed to basically decimate f.society in S3 (rip Trenton/Mobly) and almost killed Darlene & Elliot too. Elliot proved in S3 that he can hack & be one step ahead of the dark-army when he puts his focus on them; its literally how he saved himself and Darlene.

Sure, Elliot got the backstory on Deus group relatively recently in this plot, but where he was aiming (hacking Cyprus bank to steal WR's funds) wound up still being the end-goal of the hack; now he just knew who exactly he was stealing from beyond just WR.

Whiterose has always seemed to me as someone who prides in her control, but does struggles with it. There were various examples in S2 & S3 where she received bad news by destroying things around her. Heck, if you look at the story of Mr. Robot from her point of view (allowing a group of hackers to hack one of the biggest members of the Deus group in order break the US public's trust in this banking empire enough so that a new form of crypto-currency that the Deus group primarily controlled, as well as allowing China to annex the Congo all so her project could be safely shipped there), then WR's entire plan can be seen as a massive risk that relies on a successful hack that she didn't even want to go through with at first (DA denied F.society several times in S1).

There could've been other ways WR could've gotten what she wanted. But go back to her outbursts that caused her to lose control and break things around her - WR tends to lose her cool and control whenever she needs to wait for things. This actually comes up several times with her (the timeliness, ensuring phase 2 happened because she "had to ask twice", sparing Elliot because he created a hack that would get her project shipped to the Congo faster). Its actually a point that they spend half an episode this season elaborating on when she tells her assistant "i'm tired of waiting", when she ultimately ignores the assistant's pleas to cancel the Deus meeting because there were too many unknown variables at play, including Elliot.

Whether Elliot knew it or not, he took advantage of a weakness of hers, big time.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
giphy.gif

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I loved the scenes with WR and Price, and Mr Robot "being there" for Elliot was nice. The shot of the walkthrough on the Deus meeting was excellent. Felt sorry for that waitress being denied her smoke break.

Loved all the hacking stuff I thought they pulled that off really well for the amount of time it was given, and the fact that Darlene was on a phone. I missed something at the end though, did anyone understand how they got all of the 2FA codes from the text messages at once? Was that a skip to avoid showing more hacking, or did they set it up to have it do that automatically? It looked like they got the first one and then it cut to them running the hack for all of them.

Feb 10, 2018
Was that the last episode?

Was Whiteroses goal was to create a world with no homophobia?

And Whiterose would do anything to achieve this?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the most consistently tense show I've ever watched

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
a bank transfer can't be all that's needed to stop what is essentially the Illuminati

what about the wealth dammit? or did i miss something..

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Yeah I wondered about this as well. Why on earth would they all put their money in one bucket? (or maybe I missed something)

Exactly! This show is so careful about accurately depicting the hacking scene so it'd be real annoying if they approached this part of the show with such naivety.

this hack would be a minor inconvenience to the rest of the deus group (i know WR has her timeline) irl

I think Mr Robot knows this hack won't do much to the deus group as a whole. The way he spoke to Kid Elliot and the mother at the start of the episode about Elliot and his hack gave it away.. Like he wanted to get it over with so they can tell him the whole truth

Last edited:

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
a bank transfer can't be all that's needed to stop what is essentially the Illuminati

Stop them? No. Surely they have money in other places, real estate, connections, and so on.
But this should take a decent chunk out of their pockets, combined with the doxxing, their identities exposed and being linked to malicious activities and transactions. Probably won't 'destroy' the Deus Group, but it'll definitely give them a good scare, and maybe a few of them will even get prosecuted. And it certainly ruined Whiterose/Zhang's credibility, trust and power.

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019

The entire deus group getting doxxed and Whiterose losing her main source of cash flow (the bank) totally ruined her plan to release the project, which in turn pissed her off so much that she killed Price in the street. This all logically followed with what we know about her. She's now completely fucked, the FBI is after her and even if DA kills all of them, they're on the run and slowly bleeding out. I'm guessing Whiterose causes some insane amount of havoc and possibly kills another major character before being put down for good.

Her force is severely diminished now, though. She can probably pay however many soldiers she has in NY and surrounding states, but all of those sleeper agents across the globe or whatever are likely all done now that the deus group will cut off support.

This is like the last level in Deus Ex 1. Bob Page going into the bunker for one last gasp at power while the walls are closing in.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I missed something at the end though, did anyone understand how they got all of the 2FA codes from the text messages at once? Was that a skip to avoid showing more hacking, or did they set it up to have it do that automatically? It looked like they got the first one and then it cut to them running the hack for all of them.

Man-in-the-middle attack, they have an IMSI catcher, a device that acts like a fake cell tower between the mobile phones and the service provider. That's why they had to have everyone in the same place, with line of sight and couldn't allow anyone to get away before the hack was completed. They only had one of those, though, and Darlene took it with her. That's why Elliot had to hack the mobile network anntenas directly, to intercept phone traffic some other way.

Darlene likely set up a bunch of scripts to automate the 2FA extraction from the intercepted data. It's kinda implied and shown through the episode that she has prepared extensively (e.g. the door/barrier thing hack).