• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
. There was never a shred of chemistry behind Dom/Darlene in the first place, just Dom fantasizing about Darlene but Darlene never showed any real interest in her until this ep.

honestly, this
kinda dug the episode, but I'm really not feeling the relationship between them. so the ending didn't really do it for me, actually felt a bit laughable.

OP
OP
Vectorman

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
Yeah I'm really torn on this episode and honestly feel that they shouldn't have had so much focus on Dom/Darlene. Would have preferred Leon being Elliot's muscle as they headed out to Washington Township but whatever. You probably could have done a fun parallel with Darlene/Elliot on their seperate road trips but alas. I'm guessing we get full on Elliot stuff for these final episodes but man I just feel like Dom isn't as important as some of these characters that I cared about who died unceremoniously this season. Tbh, I thought we might have been done with Dom last season but I suppose that is Sam's fault unfortunately. But he still shows brilliance with his music choices, especially with that Carly Rae Jepsen song. Funny enough, it's a 2015 song as well. Keeping things current with that attention to detail.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Episode description: fans love Dom and Darlene

That's weird description.

The pop music. I'm suspicious about this episode.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone think Irving was lying to Dom? Maybe the DA sent him there to trick her into thinking everything was ok so that she wouldn't go on vacation, stay there and let her guard down instead?
From her being this paranoid FBI agent to just immediately believing Irving felt...off to me.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think Irving was lying to Dom? Maybe the DA sent him there to trick her into thinking everything was ok so that she wouldn't go on vacation, stay there and let her guard down instead?
From her being this paranoid FBI agent to just immediately believing Irving felt...off to me.

I mean there's no reason for them to care enough to lull her into a false sense of security. If they were gonna get back at her, they'd just do it.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Since Elliot likely unmade the shipping hack, Whiterose has no liquid money, likely lost a lot of her support structure and no way to get her project out of the country. I imagine dealing with that is her sole focus right now, diverting resources to exact revenge won't accomplish much.

Y'all more paranoid than Dom was lol

Well, you watching Mr. Robot, you better be paranoid.

xania

Oct 27, 2017
I hope nothing happens to Dom because that would just invalidate both their character growth this episode. If the plane blows up then it shows that actually Dom should've continued to be paranoid, and Darlene should've continued to be clingy. If Dom had stayed paranoid and not left, or Darlene forced her to stay it would've saved them both. I like Domlene but I think it would be better if they found happiness with their separate paths... for now, at least.

Oct 26, 2017

Why would Irving have any reason to lie to Dom? He has enough influence to order people's deaths. If anything, what he said seemed to suggest that the Dark Army is focusing on its biggest threat, which is Elliot getting close to destroying the Hadron Collider.

The Deus Group hack means that the Dark Army no longer holds the financial resources, or the political power to allow a major terrorist attack like they've done with 5/9, and Stage 2. The optics of crashing a plane, with no survivors, would require intense planning, money, and penetration into airline teams. If anything, the hack is probably what saved Dom and Darlene the most, and forced the Dark Army into resource management mode.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
All the easter eggs were cool though, some really interesting ones on the subreddit and posted above. I don't even really understand the dark army at this point, hope that gets a bit cleared up - who is their boss (Whiterose?), what are their goals now, why didn't they care about Darlene/Dom anymore, etc
Obviously the whole mystery project is one of their priorities, but also their existence has been blown wide open, and their funding has come crashing down, so there's plenty of damage control to be done. They've gotta have plenty of enemies, and government agencies and private organizations who previously had no awareness of them are aware of them now.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Dom did a fuckton of running for somebody who needed to make sure her stitches didn't tear.

I saw somebody float a theory that she's not asleep, she's bleeding out. Which I don't want to happen, and I'd think if anybody would know what that felt like it'd be her, but I don't know.

Nov 1, 2017
Dom's fine. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the last time we see her. I bet next week when we're catching up with what Elliot's up to, we'll see what the DA is all-hands-on-deck with that allowed Darlene and Dom to slip off their agenda.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
After the incredible episode last week i felt this episode fell flat. I wasn't interested in this romance story that seems to have been shoe horned in after Darlene had previously shown next to zero interest. Hopefully we get a few more good episodes before this thing finishes, i would have been quite happy with last weeks episode being the finale.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
So, I have a question for economists out there. I did some calculations using figures from here (yeah, I know it's not accurate, but it's just for the sake of the thought experiment) and if you divide the amount of money that the 0.1% has (the figure Elliot gives us) by the population of the US, the bonus amount of money that everyone is getting is about $43,090. Which, you know, is definitely not bad, but it wouldn't necessarily by a life changing amount of money. It depends on how you use it I guess. It might pay off debts, it might get you through college, but it wouldn't be enough for, like, cancer treatment. I think the show wants us to think it's a lot more than that, like $200,000 or maybe even a $1,000,000, but it's hard to tell.
I thought that their reaction was perfect, and in fact I correctly guessed the range they received just by their reactions. They showed people who looked to be pretty well off already, and they didn't flip over their heads over receiving 45K, which makes sense. The reaction of someone living on an average income, getting 500K / 1M would have been quite different.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I for one really liked the episode. We've had a ton of intense, high pressure shit going on. It was nice to slow down for a few moments, like the redistribution moment in particular, and sit for a second. It's especially good to see these character arcs off before what I assume will be Elliot focused end times.

I love Dom and Darlene as characters and I think this was perfect for them. It was what they needed. I don't think it was forcing some weird romance as some have said. It was the show explicitly going against that, saying to us and to the characters that this isn't what you need. You're both just grasping at different things out of your individual problems.

That and Leon was fucking awesome, and seeing Irving again was great. Overall a great way to close the book, or start to anyway, on the 'minor' characters still left on the show.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I thought that their reaction was perfect, and in fact I correctly guessed the range they received just by their reactions. They showed people who looked to be pretty well off already, and they didn't flip over their heads over receiving 45K, which makes sense. The reaction of someone living on an average income, getting 500K / 1M would have been quite different.

hell I would've pulled a Darlene on the bench if *I* got 43k.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Yeah I'm really torn on this episode and honestly feel that they shouldn't have had so much focus on Dom/Darlene.

Darlene and Dom's entire story arcs have been intertwined since S2, in a myriad of ways. While I do agree that having an entire episode dedicated solely on this might've been overkill, especially since we're nearing the ending of the show, it also managed to give us closure on a number of other plot threads, including Irving. It also didn't give us a clean happy ending, which this does seldom, rarely does. It did give the characters endings they wholly need and deserve.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sam Esmail hurt me deeply on a personal level with this one

I literally jumped out my seat when Dom started running back, and slumped in defeat when she joined the line right after Darlene left

I am emotionally in shambles

edit: after reading through the thread I am satisfied with their personal character growth

Last edited:

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, fuck me.

T699pVN.png

She's even the same age...

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I'm freaking tired of this trope of people missing each other out by a second... you see this goddamn everywhere, it's not interesting, it's just frustrating and doesn't add anything of value

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kinda hoping it'll just be on prime once the whole season finishes.
being able to watch s4e7 again without a bunch of really badly place commercials online will be nice lol

I like my FireTV but commercials constantly trigger her. This time it was in the show! Dom asks for music by Faith Hill. So my Alexa responds as if Dom was in my room, switches inputs on my TV and starts playing Faith Hill songs via the Amazon Music Unlimited app on my TV.

lol

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
I like my FireTV but commercials constantly trigger her. This time it was in the show! Dom asks for music by Faith Hill. So my Alexa responds as if Dom was in my room, switches inputs on my TV and starts playing Faith Hill songs via the Amazon Music Unlimited app on my TV.

lol
That's crazy how something like that is overlooked with it lol

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

lol
Doesn't Alexa have a vocal fingerprint on its trigger word like Siri does?

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Alexa have a vocal fingerprint on its trigger word like Siri does?

According to the article I read, yes, but I think it's a database they keep. For the super bowl commercials they changed the frequency on voices when they said Alexa. I think for Amazon commercials it won't set it off. I dunno. Maybe they didn't add the sample to the DB.

edit: a quick twitter search is showing it happened to others, too

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
Just checked and I think I'm right in identifying a heart shape, breaking apart, in the aerial shot of the park-goers at the very end of the park / justice scene. Goes with the return of Darlene's rather iconic heart shape glasses. It didn't even seem sad at the time (the fact that it was breaking); just a thematic fanfare for Darlene's character.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
What a disposable piece of garbage episode that was. Esmail, the fuck you doing bruh?

Edit: dumb reactionary hot take.

Last edited: