• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
I'm playing Claire B right now and after knowing what triggers him (especially during the first section of RPD) and what rooms are safe, he stops being so annoying. I still had issues with him in the library, but that's only because I didn't know that you could move a couple of bookshelves in one move.

Lol. Are you serious with this?? Yeah fuck this. I'm not even gonna finish Leon B anymore. Fuck that noise.

Once you leave the RPD you only meet him briefly a couple of times (one time you probably wouldn't even notice he's there if it wasn't for the music change - it's that brief). He stops being the gameplay mechanic he is during RPD, that constantly stalks you, and only appears once in a while to say "hello, I'm still here!". And that's only in Leon's scenario.

SpectR0nn

Jan 6, 2018
I loved the addition of Mr. X in this game honestly. It's like others have said: they throw him in as a wrench right when you get familiar with the RPD building. He's a great change of pace and he forces you to rethink your strategies and route planning. Wonderful addition overall if you ask me.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Claire B right now and after knowing what triggers him (especially during the first section of RPD) and what rooms are safe, he stops being so annoying. I still had issues with him in the library, but that's only because I didn't know that you could move a couple of bookshelves in one move.

Once you leave the RPD you only meet him briefly a couple of times (one time you probably wouldn't even notice he's there if it wasn't for the music change - it's that brief). He stops being the gameplay mechanic he is during RPD, that constantly stalks you, and only appears once in a while to say "hello, I'm still here!". And that's only in Leon's scenario.

That sounds good and well but i hate the sewers. I don't wanna deal with that if playing as Ada and Mr X is still harassing me. Those mutated things are annoying enough.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds good and well but i hate the sewers. I don't wanna deal with that if playing as Ada and Mr X is still harassing me. Those mutated things are annoying enough.
The Ada section is shorter than the Sherry section in Clarie's campaign. Hell the Mr. X portion of it only lasts for two rooms. Also it's over long before you meet the G adults.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Ada section is shorter than the Sherry section in Clarie's campaign. Hell the Mr. X portion of it only lasts for two rooms. Also it's over long before you meet the G adults.

Alright thats good to know. It's not like I cant handle him. HE's not scary or anything, he's just annoying. I had no problem with Jack from RE7. RE3, you could take out Nemesis and he'll stay away for some time and even drop stuff, If im remembering correctly. Hell I finished the original RE2 and I actually cant remember Mr X from that game at all.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've had conversations with co-workers I didn't like at the supermarket that were longer than the amount of time Mr. X shows up for in that area.

"Oh boy, hi Mister X! Working hard?"
"More like hardly working oh-ho-ho! I didn't know you came here!"
"Not anymore! There's those damn cheerios! Gotta go! See you Monday!"

Seriously. It's a single hallway. Having a licker drop out of the ceiling would've been worse.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Vi6pVdi.jpg

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Mr. X is the reason why I took a break from playing this game. I get what Capcom was going for. Trying to mimic all those past survivor-horror games like Alien Isolation. But this is not how you make him fearful or scary. He literally becomes an annoyance after good 10-20 minutes. At least, you can fend off Xenomorph by using various weapons and Xeno does its own thing to make the environment more interesting. You can temporarily knock out Nemesis with enough damage and there is a reward for doing so every time he shows up. Plus, you can't outrun both Xeno and Nemesis. You have to find a specific way to deal with those threats. With this guy, he is a bullet sponge that falls to his knees for 20 seconds and does the same thing all over. It's so pointless. In the end, you either outrun this guy or memorize his pattern well enough to juke him. Not a great way to show off one of the most iconic characters in RE series.

Last edited: