• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES

• EPISODE 6 – 02.20
We are scheduled to release Episode 6 (Airports) in our update next week! This episode will provide an in-depth look at the airports we are building for the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

• EPISODE 7 – 03.05
Episode 7 (IFR) has officially been scheduled for release on March 5th!

ALPHA INVITATIONS GOING OUT NOW!

Starting today (02.13) through next Tuesday (02.20), we will be sending out another round of Alpha invitations!

SDK UPDATE

We are still in the process of rolling out SDK access to all of our partners. If you've not yet received access, hang in there as we are working to get everyone added as quickly as possible.

Currently, we've got over 30 partners with access to the SDK. The feedback has been incredibly beneficial to the team as we continue to work hard on upcoming features.

In the next Alpha update, you can expect improvements for existing tools, a new in-game aircraft editor will allow configuration tuning for aircraft parameters including the flight model with onscreen debug support.

DR PREVIEW NOW AVAILABLE IN THE INSIDER AREA

The March preview of the DR is now available in the Insider Area!

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE IN THE INSIDER AREA.

Preview version of the latest update to the Feedback Snapshot is now available in the Insider Area!

MAIN-Sundown_ChicoMick-2048x1152.jpg
12_OptimuPrime76.png
Airway383443-2048x772.jpg
COPENHAGEN_FalconUAV-2048x1118.jpg
DA40_7_Ryanbatc.png
DeshmindER.png
Florida3_ContentMilk7598-2048x1152.jpg
vicpaulini-2048x864.jpeg

84493119_191363922239040_3389183376450650112_o.jpg

Last edited:

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see anything particularly impressive. It looks nice but it's also far less complicated to make an engine where there's no complicated animation and all sorts of stuff doesn't collide and interact with each other.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see anything particularly impressive. It looks nice but it's also far less complicated to make an engine where there's no complicated animation and all sorts of stuff doesn't collide and interact with each other.

So what do you propose they do to impress you, exactly?

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I'm just baffled by how amazing this games look.

Kuddos to Asobo Studios and Microsoft, this is an amazing feat of engineering.

When it's out, I'll buy it instantly

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
So if I landed on a random street it would be just photos/low poly crap?

Depends on whether that street was in an area that had photogrammetry data. If not, it would be a combination of terrain data, orthophotography, and AI-assisted, autogenerated assets on top of that derived from the ortho.

In an area that does have photogrammetry? Well, here's New York rendered in Microsoft Flight Simulator:

0kymrmfhnpp31.jpg

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Easily the most impressive next gen game.
Amazing job by the dev teams.

those clouds are magical !

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
New Discovery Series episode is up. This time, it's on the airports in the world, and how they work.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Am I to assume that all those watermarked nicks in the screens in the OP have been thrown out of the testing program by now?
Every screenshot that is out there now has been officially released by the flight sim team. They take a select few from the insider forums and share them publicly every week

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me how i get in the beta for this.

I love that this is objectively the most photo realistic game ever made and someone is posting about how unimpressive it is.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Please tell me how i get in the beta for this.

I love that this is objectively the most photo realistic game ever made and someone is posting about how unimpressive it is.

Go to flightsimulator.com, create an Insider account, find the place to upload your dxdiag file. Then pray you get lucky. The sim is in closed alpha right now, not beta.