• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously its been out much longer but that's really good for Forza/Playground. Almost matching Halo player numbers even though Halo MP is free-to-play.

Got to be happy with that.

Oct 25, 2017
20 million, even F2P, is pretty good, right?

Anyway, really deserved. They really need to fix the technical issues plaguing the MP, though.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
Playground Games deserves all the success in the world. Besides the network issues, Horizon 5 had a great launch.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Undeserved.

It's a shame that a game this lacking in content and fundamentally broken is the biggest launch of the franchise. This game would've struggled a lot more without the MP being F2P. The player numbers being so high has made it very fast to get into a match which is nice. 343i has such an incredible foundation to build off of, I just hope they can in a timely manner.

Forza's numbers make this seem unimpressive, even though 20 million is a lot of people.

Edited: because I was a overly harsh donkey.

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. I hope issues are ironed out sooner rather than later though.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
20 million for Halo seems...okay? Considering multiplayer is F2P and it's on Gamepass.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Great for Forza. Not so great for Halo considering it's F2P? How does it compare to other F2P games?

AhiKuma

Banned
Sep 28, 2021
Please fix the server issues and up the tick rate because those two are suck a bad combo for playing online.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Undeserved.

It's a shame that a game this lacking in content and fundamentally broken is the biggest launch of the franchise. This game would be dead in the water without the MP being F2P.
You're entitled to your opinion but mannn I couldn't disagree more. The SP and MP are fantastic, it's the most fun I've had with an FPS in at least a decade.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Great launch, but at least in my circle of friends retention has already been a big problem. Other than a random hour or two here we've all basically dropped it, also didn't help that I had two campaign saves deleted due to the sign-in glitch; I uninstalled that part of the game a while ago with zero desire to go back until whenever co-op releases.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Undeserved.

It's a shame that a game this lacking in content and fundamentally broken is the biggest launch of the franchise. This game would be dead in the water without the MP being F2P.

Forza's numbers make this even more unimpressive.
HI single player was an absolute blast to play. The grappling hook makes the game so much more fun, IMO, than other Halo campaigns. Something as simple as taking down an enemy base or capturing a FOB is pure bliss.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
Makes plenty of sense. I know there are people that gave fallen off, but my friends and I have been playing non-stop, practically nightly. I love this game so much, and the campaign was a delight.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Considering the terrible run up to the launch of Halo, 20m is absolutely a solid number. Not sure why everyone is already downplaying it here but not surprised either.

Forza Horizon 5's numbers are just incredible

Oct 25, 2017
Great for Forza. Not so great for Halo considering it's F2P? How does it compare to other F2P games?

Apex Legends (a big success in an extremely popular genre at the time) had 50 million in one month being on 3 platforms. 20 million in two platforms (one having less marketshare) is pretty great, despite what anyone thinks about the game's quality.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
New releases of Microsoft's two most popular franchises, free for Game pass players to play.

I'd be worried if they didn't have 20 million players, given the number of subs out there.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
HI single player was an absolute blast to play. The grappling hook makes the game so much more fun, IMO, than other Halo campaigns. Something as simple as taking down an enemy base or capturing a FOB is pure bliss.
Nah, it's got the worst campaign in the series. No enemy variety, no environmental variety, no set pieces and copy and pasted cutscenes.

One of the most bland and empty open worlds in a AAA game ever.

Everything outside of the gameplay(industry best, no FPS plays better) and the audio is terrible.