1. archreaper93

archreaper93

2. ThatWasAJoke

ThatWasAJoke

We know Trump is a rapist, a racist, a fraud, an idiot and greedy despicable person. If that isn't enough to flip you what will. Time to attack shitty Repub policies like the healthcare shit which is by far the most effective talking point, Trump himself can't get worse

3. For the love of god, wreck his shit.

4. Yeah, no one will care. Let's talk about something else.

5. scottbeowulf

scottbeowulf

People are acting like his smarmy ass didn't plan for this? Gonna be a circus.

6. Seeya

Seeya

The only thing Trump cared about was him not being able to be impeached, which would require the Senate. I guess we'll see what Muller has in store, though if it was completely damning (not that it won't be damning, but I'm talking caught red handed committing treason sort of damning) I would think it would have come before the midterms. Still, we'll see what happens.

Why not both. But you are right. There needs to be a solid investigation into voter suppression.

7. Only Trump would see losing as winning. This election just cut his agenda (such as it was) off at the knees.

8. Mahonay

Mahonay

9. Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

The special council has intentionally been quiet to not disturb the election. Something that James Comey should've respected.

It is very likely that Rosenstein or Sessions is fired immediately. It's also likely that Roger Stone is indicted this week. We'll see who has the quicker trigger finger.

10. This. I want it to be much more but this is my realistic expectation. The guy has shown he's willing to stoop to any action or level to preserve his "I'm so rich" image

11. ZackieChan

ZackieChan

Wouldn't the IRS have copies, at least of the most recent ones?

12. I'm now going to refer to him as the prince of lies.

13. SuperBanana

SuperBanana

Even if it was all legal it would show his real wealth and I guarentee it's not billions.

14. BBboy20

BBboy20

15. Keldroc

Keldroc

Tax evasion is one of the absolute hardest crimes to get away with. The IRS does not care who you are. It's not a coincidence that so many high powered mobsters were nailed via tax crimes.

16. Boiled Goose

Boiled Goose

I still don't think people will care. I mean theres no harm to the democrats pursuing this path but I don't think it'll mean anything[/QUOTE]

Some people care. And it's important for our Democracy.

Trump's ongoing and past corruption needs to be investigated and exposed

17. GestaltGaz

GestaltGaz

He's a pathological liar. In NY when he lost court cases he would come out and say it was a tremendous victory. Ray Cohn taught him that. People still buying this shit somehow.

18. Ventrue

Ventrue

I don't mean to be rude but this is laughable. The IRS is not going to go after the president. He controls the IRS. Mobsters are not a good comparison for the office of the president (though they may be a good personal comparison for this particular president).

19. Megawarrior

Megawarrior

They need to give this up.

20. Clefargle

Clefargle

What, why? Now that they have power?

21. Stewieboii

Stewieboii

We're about to make him eat shit and he's thanking us for it

22. AlwaysSalty

AlwaysSalty

Cool maybe they can get Trump to lie under oath by asking him a few questions. Given his track record he won’t make it past what’s your name without lying.

23. Rumblebones

Rumblebones

Just like Republicans gave up on Hillary’s emails?

24. Post Reply

I actually don't care about seeing the tax returns anymore... I just want the Dems to make his life and everyone around him's lives hell.

25. Parthenios

Parthenios

Unless they can mail them to the 2016 primaries... who cares? Best case scenario is that there's illegal stuff from before his time as president, which will get handwaved away like all those other bad things. Worst case scenario is that there's nothing there and the admin gets to dance around singing witch hunt somewhat more legitimately.

26. NoblesseOblige

NoblesseOblige
    Community Resettler Member

Trump cares. Otherwise he'd release them. And getting under that fucker's thin orange skin is enough for me.

27. Vela

Vela

truly the thing that matters and galvanizes voters

28. hEist

hEist

let's go! So much work to do:

• President Trump’s tax returns
    • Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution's emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
    • Trump's dealings with Russia, including the president's preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
    • The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
    • James Comey's firing
    • Trump's firing of U.S. attorneys
    • Trump's proposed transgender ban for the military
    • Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin's business dealings
    • White House staff's personal email use
    • Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
    • Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
    • Jared Kushner's ethics law compliance
    • Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
    • The travel ban
    • Family separation policy
    • Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
    • Election security and hacking attempts
    • White House security clearances
    source

29. Parthenios

Parthenios

There's no one in the House that's anywhere near the showman Trump is, so if the goal is to try to out clown him with symbolic investigations it's not going to work.

They should grab the tax returns of course, but less showy about it and not as their first action (basically the only two things I've heard the Dem House wants to do are bipartisanship and tax returns, bleh).

30. Jindrax

Jindrax

• User Warned: Inappropriate Language
    I still don't get why this is such a big deal. Best case they can show that he's using every loophole in the book. His base of retards won't care.

31. ThatWasAJoke

ThatWasAJoke

Healthcare is stronger case than literally any of these. Although man that list is depressing, Trump really is something

32. Ithil

Ithil

The investigations do not have to be symbolic. His admin is openly corrupt as fuck, there are dozens of events and people to investigate.

33. Mister X

Mister X

Yup

34. Gareth

Gareth

Leave no stone unturned.

35. Parthenios

Parthenios

Sure, I completely agree. But this tax return one would largely be symbolic since it predates his admin. The tax returns issue has largely already been litigated aka voters in 2016 said they didn't care.

36. Nitro

Nitro

It's nice to wake up to this news.

37. Bard

Bard

Can they do something about that douchebag on the supreme court or is it too late?

38. iscodisco93

iscodisco93

FINISH HIM

39. Freakzilla

Freakzilla

I'm curious as shit about his taxes, but at this point Idc about impeachment or any thing else besides stopping him and his Republican cronies dead in their tracks. The less they are able to accomplish, the better.

40. TheLucasLite

TheLucasLite

Weak shit unless the House is 100% confident they can achieve something material by investigating him now (unlikely). If not, spending the next two years on this and getting nowhere is just going to leave a huge portion of the Dem base cynical and de-energized come the 2020 election (a problem that affects Dems way more than Repubs who are just mindless ghouls that vote regardless of...anything), and then we'll be here talking about beating Trump in 2024.

Imo, they should be focusing on finding a solid party ideology that doesn't center around "not being the opposition." Find a game plan that decouples Dems from big money donators who already find Republicans more reliable anyway.

41. Braaier

Braaier

Probably gonna end up being a nothing burger

42. DrROBschiz

DrROBschiz

Do we need this?

I mean at this point I feel like protecting the Mueller investigation is THE most important thing they can do

Let Trump continue to hang himself

43. Orb

Orb

Wow they’re wasting no time getting mired in pointless shit

44. Hell yeah, we need it. Investigate everything.

45. i-Lo

i-Lo

46. astroturfing

astroturfing

will we get proof he is not a billionaire?

everyone with half a brain realizes he isn't, but definitive proof would be nice.

47. Hey dumbass, if it's a potential "nothing burger", why has he spent the last two years hiding it?
    He's hiding something big, even if it's something like "he's not an actual billionaire". That alone will damage his ego and hurt some of his base (who believe in him because of the image that he's a billionaire)

48. THEVOID

THEVOID

Because he’s not worth as much as he says he is? I mean who gives a shit.

49. A lot of people do. A big part of Trump's image is how he's a "self-made billionaire". How he goes out of his way to show off his wealth. He's the poor man's idea of a rich man.
    So to show he's not worth as much as he claims is going to anger some people.

50. i-Lo

i-Lo

His worth notwithstanding is of little consequence compared to his economic ties to other parties especially across the pond that may unearth if and by how much he is compromised.