• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

MSNBC produces greatest interview blurb of all time

NYR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is MSNBC. It's right in the freaking image.

Also, this is a meme - Ari Melber is well known for quoting rap lyrics when speaking about stories. It's a great example of the state of the "news" media.

Oct 26, 2017
What does he say? I've listened to this a few times and I keep hearing "You look like you move my car".

jacob.armitage

And that went well, so i'm compelled
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the title for you. Clips with Ari can be pretty great, it's good to see someone else get in on that.

NYR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, okay. Ari is closing out the segment and says to the other guy "oh you look like you have one more thought" - it was likely a planned segment to allow the guy to close the segment with the rap quote.

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
Heh, saw this as it happened. Some of Melber's rap quoting sessions are pretty cringeworthy, but this exchange made me laugh out loud.

Despite them often being cringey, I still kind of enjoy the trope and, after all, no one should be thinking MSNBC is "news".

Stinkles

343 Industries
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I love it when middle aged white ladies come on and make fun of Ari with deeper cuts and better hip hop references, which happens surprisingly often.

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite parts of his show is watching his guests recite the rap verse they've been memorizing for 2 hours with their intern. It's a cute little gimmick for him