• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
zAKZyKx.jpg

The beloved Thanksgiving tradition returns!

tNOH4Nb.jpg

Join us on Thursday, 11/23 for the 2017 Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day Marathon. It all starts at 12pm Eastern / 9am Pacific and features six classic episodes with brand new intros from Joel Hodgson, Jonah Ray and Felicia Day as they celebrate the momentous past year in MST3K history. Our thanks to The AV Club for breaking the news!

Tune in to watch on Shout! Factory TV, the Shout! Factory TV Twitch Channel, the Pluto TV MST3K channel or our official YouTube channel. Join the conversation using the hashtag #MST3K.

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the (cinematic) turkey, so join us on Turkey Day and add a little cheese to your family dinner!

80p5UjQ.gif

Kayma

Oct 26, 2017
The Shout! Factory Twitch channel is playing a RiffTrax of some weird balloon parade fever dream right now and it's amazing.

HylianTom

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
Love that Adam West gif..

I'm as sick as a dog and staying home today, so I'll be enjoying this while in a NyQuilata stupor.

Hoping for a surprise or two today. C'mon, Joel..

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for a surprise or two today. C'mon, Joel..
Joel actually sent a Kickstarter backer update a couple hours ago and said this:

Joel said:
Also, I know I haven't had a lot of updates for you since the tour, because we've really been focused on discussions with Netflix, and thinking a lot about the future of Mystery Science Theater
What could possibly be taking this long? Either renew it or don't.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'm fairly certain Joel mentioned at one of the tour stops that they had the rights to movies for another season.

Think it's more about the ownership of the new show itself, since it's not exactly Netflix's show. From his comments when we saw the live show, while its highly rated he kinda made it seem like the show wasn't that popular of course compared to the big name Netflix shows. I'm sure the numbers of viewers wasn't amazing, but they have the advantage of being so highly rated and well... it's dirt cheap to make. But believe Shout and Joel own the show in some capacity so that could also be something they have to deal with as Netflix is just a distributor? Dunno it's obviously a complex issue.

Though from the backer email, the good news is that they seem to be planning on doing another Live tour for the show next year!

Cheesemeister

Oct 24, 2017
Kyoto, Japan
They're probably going to show Mitchell and Manos again, so it's really like four episodes.

From AVClub's report...

AVClub said:
featuring six episodes never before seen during Shout!'s now-annual celebration of the quest to find (and, ultimately, improve) the worst movies ever made. For those keeping score at home, that rules out Space Mutiny, I Accuse My Parents, Werewolf, Cave Dwellers, The Final Sacrifice, Mitchell, The Magic Voyage Of Sinbad, The Giant Spider Invasion, Lost Continent, Laserblast, Pod People, The Pumaman, Outlaw, Eegah, Gorgo, Teenagers From Outer Space, Danger!! Death Ray, Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, and Manos: The Hands Of Fate

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
They're probably going to show Mitchell and Manos again, so it's really like four episodes.
Well, if we take the original announcement at face value, it's titles that haven't been in a (Shout-era) Turkey Day before.

the marathon will stream at shoutfactorytv.com and on the Shout Factory TV app, featuring six episodes never before seen during Shout!'s now-annual celebration of the quest to find (and, ultimately, improve) the worst movies ever made.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Traveling most the day so probably won' catch any of it. Did watch Diabolik on the plane this morning though.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
ANNOUNCE THE NEW SEASON ALREADY!

Hope Jonah's eps are Cry Wilderness and Avalanche.
Mike = Zombie Nightmare
Joel = Sidehackers and City Limits

Cheesemeister

Oct 24, 2017
Kyoto, Japan
I'm a bit surprised the marathon is being artificially lengthened without even promoting Vol. XXXIX, the online store, or Season 11 on Netflix. Maybe it'd just be singing to the choir?