• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
šŸ˜
this man, MUCH118 (drop the numbers bro, ain't befitting for a man of your caliber), is one of the most talented gif makers out there right now, i have yet to see a person outclass or even display a fraction of this man's artistic abilities. like, this dude somehow makes me want to play Horizon and GoW, yet i hate those games. just check these gifs out

vP7PrCl.gif

20UJNLR.gif

EYOvAMn.gif

brJXQ0d.gif

1iU5AR3.gif

dH3MVnq.gif

S9PVtks.gif

DgnmMDH.gif

what's that? you want more? well aren't you in luck, the man has twitter account for y'all to follow. click here. now, how bout some spidey gifs since y'all love comic books so much
aCxM4Rh.gif

9v8nJ0n.gif

bTwfAcm.gif

aight, i'll leave y'all with two more because fuck ya internet bro
rwJBCqG.gif

XXqVIE2.gif

shit looks like a sergio leone movie bro, how does one even do that? this guy... genius.

discuss.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Seriously, follow my guy Much on Twitter https://twitter.com/Much118x
One of my favorite Twitter follows, very, very much a fan of his Spider-Man gifs

Haha, appreciate that! Thanks. :)

is the guy\girl with the black and white aloy avatar?

yeah good stuff.

Guy with the black and white aloy avatar checking out. :P

Yo these are nice af

Thank you! I've personally had a lot of fun making RDR2 gifs. There is certainly a lot to gif here.

I approve of this Much appreciation thread! :) Awesome gifs!
Check out his Twitter page, he deserves many more followers:
https://twitter.com/Much118x

Thank you so much mate, lol. Your screenshots are always amazing. Be sure to check him out guys: https://twitter.com/gamephotomode. :D

Lol.

Yeah, his gifs are damn good.

Appreciate it. :-)

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't know how people can claim GOW's combat to be bad, those gifs are extremely representative of how combat is once it locks into gear. Especially once you start exploring Niflheim, you just have to be extremely effective with every strike and use of skill.

OT: amazing gifs, BTW, I didn't think there was someone doing this stuff on the same level as SunhiLegend.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
Dope thread

8iU2mv4.gif

MCuhoHt.gif

good shit dude

Thank you! The example you posted above is me experimenting a lot more with the camera tool in After Effects. It's so damn useful. :)

Appreciate it mate :)

I really don't know how people can claim GOW's combat to be bad, those gifs are extremely representative of how combat is once it locks into gear. Especially once you start exploring Niflheim, you just have to be extremely effective with every strike and use of skill.

OT: amazing gifs, BTW, I didn't think there was someone doing this stuff on the same level as SunhiLegend.

GOW is just a visually stunning game with excellent combat to boot. :P

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Maybe the combat just wasn't for them :P
(Making a snarky comment about the "It's not for you" thread, don't mind me)
Much118 you're really inspiring me to make some gifs of my own! I've barely gotten through Act 2 of Spidey because I've been having too much damn fun just swinging around the city lol, might as well

Much

Feb 24, 2018
I've seen them get retweeted by devs. Good shit.

Still working on that Guerrilla and Naughty Dog retweet! :P

Maybe the combat just wasn't for them :P
(Making a snarky comment about the "It's not for you" thread, don't mind me)
Much118 you're really inspiring me to make some gifs of my own! I've barely gotten through Act 2 of Spidey because I've been having too much damn fun just swinging around the city lol, might as well

Ha! I appreciate that. I was definitely inspired by SunhiLegend to make these gifs, beginning with Horizon as my choice of game to practice everything on. Still getting used to a lot of things, but it's been a lot of fun. You need to finish Spidey as well dude! :D

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Does he have an ig account?

Ha! I appreciate that. I was definitely inspired by SunhiLegend to make these gifs, beginning with Horizon as my choice of game to practice everything on. Still getting used to a lot of things, but it's been a lot of fun. You need to finish Spidey as well dude! :D
Do you have an ig account?

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sadly my internet is crap so this thread is slowly kiling me, but yeah his gifs are amazing

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017

Sometimes I have seen a few of your GIFs posted and wondered I'm sure that was one of mine? XD It's pretty awesome, it's cool to see other people make these type of GIFs which I love, main reason I started making them was I hardly saw those type of GIFs online and it was always frustrating to see that when people did make them they'd have the whole HUD enabled sort of ruining the image, but that was back during the GT5 days, it's much easier now and it's also great to see so many developers recognise that having an option to disable the HUD + Photomode adds a lot to immersion and replayability of a game.
Also after seeing all the brilliant work you've done with them I've actually started looking at what I can do to improve mine, try to experiment a lot more now with the edits on some of the stuff such as adding the quick cuts and the outline/comic effects, especially with bloodborne where I've tried a whole bunch of new things, which I probably wouldn't have done before.
Anyway, keep up the work, it's awesome. :D

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we PLEASE stop with the faux-letterboxing? It's not real and it doesn't make your GIF's look more "cinematic." Just crop them. Or at least release cropped versions for civilized folk with good taste.

SunhiLegend, this is all your fault!

Good day sir.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks for the gifs. It takes much more than that to kill my bandwidth, nice try though.

OP
OP
Abu

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
šŸ˜

Much

Feb 24, 2018
Sometimes I have seen a few of your GIFs posted and wondered I'm sure that was one of mine? XD It's pretty awesome, it's cool to see other people make these type of GIFs which I love, main reason I started making them was I hardly saw those type of GIFs online and it was always frustrating to see that when people did make them they'd have the whole HUD enabled sort of ruining the image, but that was back during the GT5 days, it's much easier now and it's also great to see so many developers recognise that having an option to disable the HUD + Photomode adds a lot to immersion and replayability of a game.
Also after seeing all the brilliant work you've done with them I've actually started looking at what I can do to improve mine, try to experiment a lot more now with the edits on some of the stuff such as adding the quick cuts and the outline/comic effects, especially with bloodborne where I've tried a whole bunch of new things, which I probably wouldn't have done before.
Anyway, keep up the work, it's awesome. :D

Haha! Thanks a lot. I'm sure you can tell that my gifs have been inspired by yours, and I agree in that the HUD almost always ruins the cinematic feel of what can be achieved in a GIF. I'm still wanting a no HUD option for Spider-Man! Anyway, I did eventually manage how to figure out how to get these large gifs on twitter using some software and reducing some of the framerates and whatnot, but it's been pretty enjoyable so far, albeit time consuming to sort out all the old files and convert them for twitter.

It's really something to hear you taking inspiration from me though, and I appreciate that comment too. I think at the start of this, I was kinda mass-producing them, but the quality wasn't there, but now I've been taking longer for each gif to find new ways to make them more interesting and meaningful. I've especially enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 for the whole gif thing, since there's such a wide variety of things to do and just enjoy giffing it while enjoying that soundtrack. I've been meaning to replay Bloodborne and God of War, since I believe those are some of your best work.

What I've also noticed is that I'm no longer afraid to experiment with the camera. I've found that zooming in a lot doesn't really affect image quality all too much, since it gets compressed a fair amount when uploaded to Twitter anyway. It's been good fun, and thanks for the comments.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Can we PLEASE stop with the faux-letterboxing? It's not real and it doesn't make your GIF's look more "cinematic." Just crop them. Or at least release cropped versions for civilized folk with good taste.

SunhiLegend, this is all your fault!

Good day sir.
You know first I did used to crop them so I can frame the image, as in record the full screen, everything in frame, then in post I'd pan, zoom, and crop without the black bars, just a more wider aspect ratio. But then when I started making the FFXV GIFs I decided to try adding black bars to fill the rest of the image as it doesn't add anything extra to the file size, people preferred those versions more so I just kept them like that.
Also on twitter when you crop the image and view it on mobile the twitter app fills the rest of the image with a greyish colour, so if I add the black bars to fill up the 16:9 image for instance the rest of the image is at least filled in black.
Also, one more thing, when the creators of the games I GIF say they love the stuff and especially when people like the director of TLOU and HZD for instance comment that the black bars do help give the GIFs a more cinematic look, then I don't see myself or anyone stopping anytime soon. XD

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how about you go make one for us as an example

I gotta see this
Here's the corrected version of one of Much118's GIF's:
y72VnKC.gif

Here's the original:
rwJBCqG.gif

Also, one more thing, when the creators of the games I GIF say they love the stuff and especially when people like the director of TLOU and HZD for instance comment that the black bars do help give the GIFs a more cinematic look, then I don't see myself or anyone stopping anytime soon. XD
The creatives behind The Order: 1866 thought it gave the game a more cinematic look too. Creatives can be wrong.

In 2018 you can have an OLED TV in a proper media room and never see "black bars" in film. You see the full aspect ratio the way the director intended. Black bars were an unwanted side effect of our TV's not having the same aspect ratio as most films. They're not done on purpose. They're a bug, not a feature. And one that's finally being corrected with modern OLED's.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
y72VnKC.gif

Here's the original:
rwJBCqG.gif

The creatives behind The Order: 1866 thought it gave the game a more cinematic look too. Creatives can be wrong.

In 2018 you can have an OLED TV in a proper media room and never see "black bars" in film. You see the full aspect ratio the way the director intended. Black bars were an unwanted side effect of our TV's not having the same aspect ratio as most films. They're not done on purpose. They're a bug, not a feature. And one that's finally being corrected with modern OLED's.

You should watch Hateful Eight. I think it'd be right up your alley.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017

I mean fair enough on a forum you can crop it and it's fine but a majority of the people who view my GIFs anyway are on twitter and on mobile, so even if cropped they're going to have bars on the top and bottom anyway, rather they be black than grey.
Plus it's not about playing the game that way, I wouldn't want to play a game where there's black bars obscuring the top and bottom of the image during gameplay, it's about creating short clips which look 'cinematic', and a majority prefer the version with the black bars since that's what everyone is used to, having them there automatically makes them look more cinematic even if the bars were not intended, so there's no reason to change it basically.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should watch Hateful Eight. I think it'd be right up your alley.
It looks amazing in my media room, full 2.76:1 aspect ratio with no black bars. OLED pixels that are turned off emit no light. The only time I ever see black bars these days is in GIF's on Era.

I mean fair enough on a forum you can crop it and it's fine but a majority of the people who view my GIFs anyway are on twitter and on mobile, so even if cropped they're going to have bars on the top and bottom anyway, rather they be black than grey.
Plus it's not about playing the game that way, I wouldn't want to play a game where there's black bars obscuring the top and bottom of the image during gameplay, it's about creating short clips which look 'cinematic', and a majority prefer the version with the black bars since that's what everyone is used to, having them there automatically makes them look more cinematic even if the bars were not intended, so there's no reason to change it basically.
I didn't realize these were a thing on Twitter, I figured you just posted them on GAF and now ERA. That makes more sense... assuming everyone on mobile has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is increasingly not the case. None of this year's iPhones do, for example. Mobile Twitter users will still see a bit of grey then, on top of the faux letterboxing you've already implemented. I imagine most would rather just have a solid color throughout. Then of course there are tablets that are even more varied in their AR's. I would think a better course of action would be to let Twitter handle the letterboxing, and just increase public demand for black borders instead of grey.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think the black bars are okay, actually. I always thought they were there to help obscure maybe the HUD or something else, but even without that purpose I think it helps the gif stand out more.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
The lack of TLG gifs upset me.

In time! I told you, I'll get it when it goes on sale! :)

It looks amazing in my media room, full aspect ratio with no black bars. OLED pixels that are turned off emit no light.

Ultimately, I use blacks bars because it helps to cut typical HUD from most games out, while also creating focus on an area in the gif. I feel it also adds more consistency to the gif and just feels more aesthetically pleasing? I respect your opinion though, but a lot of creatives seem to love black bars. Hell, Rockstar re-did a lot of their cutscenes to include blacks bars.

Yeah, I think the black bars are okay, actually. I always thought they were there to help obscure maybe the HUD or something else, but even without that purpose I think it helps the gif stand out more.

That's pretty much my thinking. :)

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately, I use blacks bars because it helps to cut typical HUD from most games out, while also creating focus on an area in the gif. I feel it also adds more consistency to the gif and just feels more aesthetically pleasing? I respect your opinion though, but a lot of creatives seem to love black bars. Hell, Rockstar re-did a lot of their cutscenes to include blacks bars.
Well I wasn't suggesting that you leave the HUD elements in, just that you crop the image instead of overlaying black bars on top of it.

As for Rockstar, I think the purpose there is more to communicate to the player that you're seeing a non-interactive cutscene. With the rest of the game's animations being so realistic, it can be difficult to tell. Again though, if played in my media room I don't see "black bars" in RDR2. I just see the aspect ratio expand and contract as if by magic.

In any case, I understand that many prefer the bars. It's just that the reason they prefer them was an unintended side effect of the way our TV's were made. They prefer them because they're used to them. They can get un-used to them too. ;-)

Much

Feb 24, 2018
Well I wasn't suggesting that you leave the HUD elements in, just that you crop the image instead of overlaying black bars on top of it.

As for Rockstar, I think the purpose there is more to communicate to the player that you're seeing a non-interactive cutscene. With the rest of the game's animations being so realistic, it can be difficult to tell. Again though, if played in my media room I don't see "black bars" in RDR2. I just see the aspect ratio expand and contract as if by magic.

In any case, I understand that many prefer the bars. It's just that the reason they prefer them was an unintended side effect of the way our TV's were made. They prefer them because they're used to them. They can get un-used to them too. ;-)

I get where you're coming from. I just prefer the style of black bars. Let's take RDR2 for example. I feel influenced in using black bars there because in many respects RDR2 + black bars reminds me of Tarantino's style in Hateful Eight. I love it, and that's the style I go for there. At the end of the day, it's just down to preference. :P

OK let's stop arguing over preferences
Anyone in the mood for more Much gifs?
RkAHmSu.gif

Sev0vw9.gif

EnoOH05.gif

Those are from a while back now! :P

Just messing with you. You know I love your gifs, and I'm happy so many people have discorverd and love your gifs too.

Still, I'm going to shame you if I end up not liking The Witcher 3 :P

The Witcher 3 is GOAT tier! Shame I can't gif that though.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
ENHANCE!

Lihy3xp.gif

6Q2emdY.gif

xNAhpcQ.gif

Alright, with that I won't shit up this thread anymore with my personal crusade against fake letterboxing.

Sorry for the derail. =P

Haha, it's all good man. At least you liked the footage, I hope anyway! :P

vestan Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Maybe the controls are a bit clunky here and there, but the OST makes up for it imo.