• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably a mix of people that are just scared shitless and others that secretly want Trump to win. Nothing indicates Trump is on course to win reelection. 2020 is not 2016 and there is no Clinton. Trump has already proven to be a horrible president. If Dems get out to vote like they did in 2018, he's toast.
Seriously. God damn people.

Trump beat Hillary, the absolute most hated Democratic candidate, by only 80,000 votes and that was because he had no actual political background to be scrutinized, the final minute FBI report against Clinton, and so many people just throwing up their hands and deciding that this was the perfect time to "protest vote".

Just realize the rest of the world was watching on, wondering how there was even a race between the internationally very well regarded Clinton and fucking Trump. Every other Democrat candidate is just a random nobody to us.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If we don't see a single Trump in jail then I officially give up on America.

5750414e1600002a00f951ca.jpeg

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just realize the rest of the world was watching on, wondering how there was even a race between the internationally very well regarded Clinton and fucking Trump. Every other Democrat candidate is just a random nobody to us.

You don't understand the absolute level of ire that Hillary had, and still has.

The most predominant feeling about Hillary from Democrats was "Well I'll vote for her if I have to I guess" and this was before that last minute Comey bomb.

Trump, meanwhile, while being a monster that struck a chord with white supremacists, also literally said "I'll make your dreams come true". We're a country of fucking idiots so a lot of believed him. Whereas Hillary was offering practical, intelligent plans for getting specific things done, Trump was saying shit like "HEALTH CARE WILL BE THE BEST UNDER ME!" and people believed him because they had no previous record to weigh against him. Now they will.

Look I'm not saying Trump 100% doesn't win in 2020, I'm just saying that things are a whole lot different from 2016.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
You don't understand the absolute level of ire that Hillary had, and still has.
That is the point of my post, yes. Outside the US, we just saw an hyper competent candidate losing. And we don't see a hyper competent candidate this time. Because even Biden is a 'Who?' in general regards. So that is why nobody really trusts the average American until after election day.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Mueller has been farming out cases in the past couple of months to other authorities. There are still dozens and dozens of sealed indictments, so I don't think this will actually end anytime soon.
There is no indication there are any sealed indictments related to the Mueller investigation, let alone dozens. Sealed indictments are pretty common and you can't tell anything about them by looking at the docket. Anyone claiming there are dozens of Mueller-related sealed indictments is selling you a line of bullshit. (There might be some! But we have literally no idea.)

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
If the source isn't Rudy then maybe it is true. Remember how Mattis set his last day as February 28th in case trump was too dumb to understand how scathing the resignation letter was?

Whenever it happens the FBI is going to show up at a lot of people's houses at 5AM.
Speaking of Rudy, what happened to him? It seems like he just fell off the face of the earth.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
That is the point of my post, yes. Outside the US, we just saw an hyper competent candidate losing. And we don't see a hyper competent candidate this time. Because even Biden is a 'Who?' in general regards. So that is why nobody really trusts the average American until after election day.

That's the tragedy of it. We are not smart people, and we're not especially interested in competence. Clinton was the most qualified candidate in decades, and made Trump look like the goddamned idiot he is in three consecutive debates, but none of that mattered. The electorate will always be vulnerable to an empty vessel who promises easy, overnight solutions to complex problems.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's next week, it's because Barr has shut down the investigation, and all we'll get is a "all clear, nothing to see here" from the WH.
Next week is the last week Rod will be overseeing Mueller because Barr hasnt done ethics review. It also crosses with Whitaker now not being involved.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Speaking of Rudy, what happened to him? It seems like he just fell off the face of the earth.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon
Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani's side project: Bashing Iran, in Poland
New York's former mayor was in Warsaw to participate in a protest by the National Council of Resistance of Iran, a controversial Paris-based political organization also known as the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq, or MEK.

Giuliani has kept up many speaking engagements despite acting as Trump's attorney. He said the MEK has been a client of his for more than a decade and that he was in Poland "as a private citizen – thank God I can still do that."
Later, in an address in the rain to about 500 flag-waving MEK followers who sang revolutionary songs and held signs and large yellow balloons with messages that read "free Iran" and "Iranians want regime change," Giuliani characterized Iran's government as "assassins, they are murderers and they should be out of power."

He would not disclose whether he was being paid to attend the rally, but high-profile speakers to MEK rallies routinely get paid tens of thousands of dollars in speaking fees.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
If true, I think it'll definitely be disappointing. Not the "Trump is totally clear" kind of disappointing, but the "Mrs. Clinton was extremely careless" kind of disappointing. Bad and damaging but not something that'll bring the orange bastard down.

I just hope and pray that all of the redacted parts get leaked somehow.

I have to ask...

why?

After all we have seen... what makes you guys go.. "Well if it really is ready after a full 3 years of investigating, the five Trump aides that struck plea deals, the 37 people and entities charged, the 7 individuals that input guilty pleas, the 199 criminal counts and the 4 people already sentenced to prison; then I have to conclude that this will probably be pretty disappointing..."

I mean, I guess Im asking.... how long did this have to take to finish investigating? How many more guilty pleas and indictments? How many more prison sentences and clear acts of the President trying to end the investigation would it take for you to feel that "Hey... this might be a big deal". The bar just seems absurdly high considering how long this has taken and how much has happened.

When this thing first started I remember people saying no one would even be CHARGED. The bar has been punted so far by this point that I don't even recognize anything anymore.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember when this thing was wrapping up by Labor Day so it wouldn't fuck up the midterm vote.

Until a special counsel PR release hits breaking news, these sources don't mean shit.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Hearing from the dc lawyer inside circle that
Mueller has siphoned off some
Cases to other prosecutors on non Russia interference matters .
Apparently mueller has found no proof of criminal behavior from Trump himself in the Russia investigation but has found most of the campaign staff a willing participant in getting help from
Russia which in itself is not criminal . He has given the other non Russia interference but financial matters to sdny and other prosecutors which some believe is where legal jeopardy exists for Trump

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently mueller has found no proof of criminal behavior from Trump himself in the Russia investigation but has found most of the campaign staff a willing participant in getting help from
Russia which in itself is not criminal . He has given the other non Russia interference but financial matters to sdny and other prosecutors which some believe is where legal jeopardy exists for Trump
totally clears the president. Thank you!

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
There's no political will in the Senate to do anything, regardless of what the report says, anyway. It'll probably just be that there were mistakes, as one would expect from a campaign of outsiders, and nothing happens. My expectations are very low.
More importantly, for those of us who were silly/young enough to believe in the system, the damage is done and will most likely never be repaired.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Russia which in itself is not criminal .
He has given the other non Russia interference but financial matters to sdny and other prosecutors which some believe is where legal jeopardy exists for Trump
Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.