• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
5750414e1600002a00f951ca.jpeg

Sooooo google image searching that to find out the context while at work was a bad idea.....

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hearing from the dc lawyer inside circle that
Mueller has siphoned off some
Cases to other prosecutors on non Russia interference matters .
Apparently mueller has found no proof of criminal behavior from Trump himself in the Russia investigation but has found most of the campaign staff a willing participant in getting help from
Russia which in itself is not criminal . He has given the other non Russia interference but financial matters to sdny and other prosecutors which some believe is where legal jeopardy exists for Trump

And your source knows this how?

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Apparently mueller has found no proof of criminal behavior from Trump himself in the Russia investigation but has found most of the campaign staff a willing participant in getting help from
Russia which in itself is not criminal . He has given the other non Russia interference but financial matters to sdny and other prosecutors which some believe is where legal jeopardy exists for Trump

Mueller's been syphoning off cases since he started. Nothing really revolutionary there. And I've been hearing the same shit since last year because of it. Like this article from Chicago's Daily Herald, if you're interested in what the National Review has to say about Mueller's investigation (you shouldn't, but it's there for posterity).
https://www.dailyherald.com/discuss/20180726/why-is-mueller-handing-off-key-cases

Same old shit.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems a lot of people just jumping to conclusions on shit that could mean anything
I'll bet 2$ that there won't be a report next week

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
Just read an article from The Hill in which James Clapper is reported to say that he is concerned the report will be very anti-climactic.

James Clapper is a major critic of Trump and he is a former member of US intelligence.

This has me worried.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Legal noob here, are all federal indictments as a result of the report expected to happen during the investigation, or is it normal for indictments to happen after the release of the report too?

I want Don Jr in handcuffs at the very least.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Speculation based on activity/inactivity

... Roger Stone's trial is in October.

The SC just subpoenaed a member of Cambridge Analytica this week. They have indicated that she is cooperating with the investigation:

There is an ongoing court case with the Internet Research Agency.

There is an ongoing subpoena fight with a mysterious foreign-backed company that has gone as far as the Supreme Court:

They indicated last week that Manafort passing campaign data to alleged Russian intelligence was "at the heart" of the investigation.

All of this is supposed to be wrapped up by next Friday? It will be Barr firing Mueller or cutting his funding if that were the case.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
... Roger Stone's trial is in October.

The SC just subpoenaed a member of Cambridge Analytica this week. They have indicated that she is cooperating with the investigation:

There is an ongoing court case with the Internet Research Agency.

There is an ongoing subpoena fight with a mysterious foreign-backed company that has gone as far as the Supreme Court:

They indicated last week that Manafort passing campaign data to alleged Russian intelligence was "at the heart" of the investigation.

All of this is supposed to be wrapped up by next Friday? It will be Barr firing Mueller or cutting his funding if that were the case.

Didn't the House just send over all of those Russia investigation transcripts for the SCO to look into perjury?

Oct 25, 2017
Just read an article from The Hill in which James Clapper is reported to say that he is concerned the report will be very anti-climactic.

James Clapper is a major critic of Trump and he is a former member of US intelligence.

This has me worried.
To be clear, the "anti-climax" he refers to is mostly because he anticipates non-answers, not "totally clears the president" answers.

"I think the hope is that the Mueller investigation will clear the air on this issue once and for all. I'm really not sure it will, and the investigation, when completed, could turn out to be quite anti-climactic and not draw a conclusion about that," Clapper said Wednesday on CNN.

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
The investigation isn't gonna just stop once he reports on his initial findings, this is likely going to be going on for years, beyond Mueller and beyond Trump. The initial report will probably be stuff that can be easily proven but provide enough evidence to make a watertight case for his impeachment (most likely obstruction of justice and the firing of Comey).

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
To be clear, the "anti-climax" he refers to is mostly because he anticipates non-answers, not "totally clears the president" answers.

I disagree with your interpretation. If Clapper believes that the report will reveal damning information about the President, I don't think he would have any concern about it being anti-climactic.

Because of the word that he used - anti-climactic - my worry is that the report will not contain any information that would implicate Trump in criminal activity.

Of course, Trump has already obstructed justice, by his own televised admission (firing Comey) but I'm hoping for something more, something in the way of the Trump organization being used for money laundering.

There is another investigation taking place in New York regarding the Trump Organization, though, right?

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

You're probably getting dogpiled for this, but I could absolutely see this being the case.

Honestly, it's probably the most likely outcome at this point.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
She was subpoenaed/interviewed last summer. It just wasn't publicly reported until now.

Fair enough.

Doesn't change that there is far too much going on at the moment, much of it secret, for Mueller to put all of his cards on the table with regards to Trump, his campaign, or the various third party cutouts (Wikileaks). He might have definitive proof of obstruction of justice before the end, but the central question of foreign election interference and domestic assistance in those efforts is still being investigated and litigated.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
if you didn't expect something anticlimactic then I don't know what to tell you.

Trump will be gloating when this specific investigation is over.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
The investigation isn't gonna just stop once he reports on his initial findings, this is likely going to be going on for years, beyond Mueller and beyond Trump. The initial report will probably be stuff that can be easily proven but provide enough evidence to make a watertight case for his impeachment (most likely obstruction of justice and the firing of Comey).

Yep. We've been in RICO territory since the beginning. We were in organized crime territory since day 0. This entire thing started off as a multinational crumb trail of assholes doing crimes out in the public like they don't care. Anyways, sealed indictments are the key. As explained here late last year:
CNN: Prosecutors' best move: Charge Trump and seal the indictment

It's speculated that Mueller alone has quite a few indictments, and that was as of November 2018. And it's not like he's been spending them the last couple months.

This will go on long after Mueller leaves, after Barr is gone, and after Trump is gone.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Watergate during his reelection campaign?
Yes, but the extent of Nixon's involvement in the coverup and related crimes (if not the burglary itself) was not something known to the general public at the time.

Edit: I suppose reporting prior to the election pointed that way, but it didn't become a significant campaign issue.

The Llama

Oct 27, 2017
You're probably getting dogpiled for this, but I could absolutely see this being the case.

Honestly, it's probably the most likely outcome at this point.
same tbh

Actually, while it may be in slightly poor taste given the various national security/etc. implications of the whole investigation, I'd be kinda curious in a Mueller report prediction thread.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Wasn't Watergate during his reelection campaign?

The burglary of DNC headquarters in the Watergate Hotel was in June 1972, during Nixon's successful re-election campaign. The ensuing scandal ended Nixon's second administration when he resigned in August 1974, while articles of impeachment were being prepared.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
if you didn't expect something anticlimactic then I don't know what to tell you.

Trump will be gloating when this specific investigation is over.
Oh please everybody wanted something explosive.
All these people that are saying that they saw this coming are just disappointed if Trump doesn't get nailed.

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with your interpretation. If Clapper believes that the report will reveal damning information about the President, I don't think he would have any concern about it being anti-climactic.

Because of the word that he used - anti-climactic - my worry is that the report will not contain any information that would implicate Trump in criminal activity.

Of course, Trump has already obstructed justice, by his own televised admission (firing Comey) but I'm hoping for something more, something in the way of the Trump organization being used for money laundering.

There is another investigation taking place in New York regarding the Trump Organization, though, right?
OK sure but I guess I'm not necessarily "worried" if the Russia investigation finds anything less than damning information about Trump. That was always best-case scenario. I've always been more sure it paints a somewhat messy but not necessarily criminal picture of Trump and his campaign's dealings.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely possible. But this is something that's been floated as a possibility for a long time. Are these "insiders" speaking from special knowledge or just repeating that line of speculation?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yall expecting nothingburger are crazy. So many of trump's inner circle going to prison. Blatant that trump is guilty of obstruction and witness tampering at a minimum.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be like the Mafia/Capone. They won't tie him to Russia, just his underlings. Eventually they will maybe get him on tax evasion or something.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact of the matter is a lot of people aren't fit and most of the media isnt capable of handling or understanding the results of an investigation like this, especially if you havent been paying attention every day for last 2 years. You can already tell this by people simply looking at the title of the charges already filed and proclaiming that it has nothing to do with Russia. I have been paying attention and there have been multiple charges involving lying or other that are surrounded by Russian activity and Trump involvement, but you have to actually read the court filings and understand what the alias names stand for.

To further complicate things, there are many under the belief you cant directly indict the current president, which just adds to the noise of 'nothing to see here'. Additionally, a lot of evidence gathered from secret methods by intelligence agencies can't be publicized as it will divulge those methods. So even if there is a recording of some shit going down, unless that event can be proven through other means it might not come to light. This is why a lot of charges being filed involve those events in detail but are labeled due to obstruction or lying. It's an easy way to make sure the people serve time.

It's a massive web of shit that has a lot of connections and moving parts, on both the obstruction and Russia side. It's extra annoying when you've been following these events and then see a bunch of people acting like if the report doesn't have 'TRUMP TREASON' that suddenly there is nothing there. This is probably why in the end Trump's ass is probably gonna get got on his business or money laundering shit, but maybe not while he's president. Nonetheless, expect a fuckton of people to be gloating because they can't read more than a sentence headline.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I have always understood it. The Report itself was never intended to present Definitive conclusions. The Report is intended to process and layout all the Information so that the DOJ and responsible people can then proceed.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I have always understood it. The Report itself was never intended to present Definitive conclusions. The Report is intended to process and layout all the Information so that the DOJ and responsible people can then proceed.
Basically. They represent findings. The indictments they already have done were for cooperation and flipping purposes.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
It's a massive web of shit that has a lot of connections and moving parts, on both the obstruction and Russia side. It's extra annoying when you've been following these events and then see a bunch of people acting like if the report doesn't have 'TRUMP TREASON' that suddenly there is nothing there. This is probably why in the end Trump's ass is probably gonna get got on his business or money laundering shit, but maybe not while he's president. Nonetheless, expect a fuckton of people to be gloating because they can't read more than a sentence headline.

All of your post, but I wanted to highlight this. I recommend this blog for everyone:

http://www.thenetworkthinkers.com/2019/01/paths-to-putin.html

Using literally just public available documents and public journalism filed in relation to Trump and Putin in the 2016 election gives you this Charlie web of crazy:

72-Trump-Putin-Intermediairies.png

Again, just public court documents and investigative journalism. Combine the scope of this shit with the likely fact that Mueller and affiliated investigations have dozens of sealed indictments related to this sitting in storage; some if not most of them won't see the light of day for years to come perhaps.

But let's be clear, there's a lot more at work in play and goes far beyond Mueller or even his report(s). Enron took years, and this is far beyond that. I know the country sucks right now more than ever, but if you weren't planning for this to literally take years before the embers die out, then you set yourself up for failure.

Not to say some good stuff won't happen in the meanwhile. More and more snakes get caught. Might even be able to get Trump out of office in some realities, especially the ones where Trump's only defense, the congressional GOP, are also put in their own vulnerable positions that may cause them to act counter to Trump. Hey just saying, even a guy like Weisselberg has been a cooperating witness for a full year and still ongoing. Rick Gates has been singing for a year now too, and look at the threads he connects to. Cohen is up there in the shit, literally was a true and blue acolyte while the going was good, but now.....?

So Friday should provide for some interesting news.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The fact of the matter is a lot of people aren't fit and most of the media isnt capable of handling or understanding the results of an investigation like this, especially if you havent been paying attention every day for last 2 years. You can already tell this by people simply looking at the title of the charges already filed and proclaiming that it has nothing to do with Russia. I have been paying attention and there have been multiple charges involving lying or other that are surrounded by Russian activity and Trump involvement, but you have to actually read the court filings and understand what the alias names stand for.

To further complicate things, there are many under the belief you cant directly indict the current president, which just adds to the noise of 'nothing to see here'. Additionally, a lot of evidence gathered from secret methods by intelligence agencies can't be publicized as it will divulge those methods. So even if there is a recording of some shit going down, unless that event can be proven through other means it might not come to light. This is why a lot of charges being filed involve those events in detail but are labeled due to obstruction or lying. It's an easy way to make sure the people serve time.

Agreed 100%. Also note that the 'evidence from secret methods' didn't just randomly come into existence - chances are, massive counter-intelligence efforts are still ongoing and these operations are fairly well insulated from political tampering by design (so they can investigate, for example, a mole in the CIA leadership without fear of obstruction and retribution.) Since these operations typically run for several years, I have no reason to think they've stopped just because Mueller was brought in to centralise the law-enforcement angle.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of the Russia/Obstruction angle, I would totally bet that they found mountains of evidence concerning shit like Trump's businesses doing money laundering.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Totally legal and cool!

Anyone who believes this at face value is a bozo.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the House just send over all of those Russia investigation transcripts for the SCO to look into perjury?
My understanding is that Mueller had "unofficial" transcripts of much of these already, but needed the official ones before he could take any action on them. Is that accurate?

There isn't anything here that I haven't heard people in the "media" talk about constantly on CNN and MSNBC. Not that I disagree with any of it, but your assertion that you somehow know all the answers because you've been paying attention to this, and not the people in the media that literally live and breathe this stuff, is absurd.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There isn't anything here that I haven't heard people in the "media" talk about constantly on CNN and MSNBC. Not that I disagree with any of it, but your assertion that you somehow know all the answers because you've been paying attention to this, and not the people in the media that literally live and breathe this stuff, is absurd.
Do tell, where do i say i know all the answers? I merely pointed out those that pay attention, are well aware of both Russian and Trump involvement of varying degrees, as opposed to the popular 'nothing here' thoughts i pointed out. Add in some common sense thoughts on investigations and evidence and really nothing about what i said is 'absurd' like you say. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.