• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
So multiple people have reported within the last hour that Multiplyer is free right now on XBOX, for both B2P and F2P Games.
Some on resetera have confirmed already, so this is real.

This might be the worst timed unanounced weekend promotion or the most inconvenient glitch.

OR MS has been playing us like a goddamn fiddle today...

EDIT:

This seems to be it:
www.xbox.com

Join Xbox Game Pass: Discover Your Next Favourite Game | Xbox

Join Xbox Game Pass to enjoy access to over 100 games.

Was this posted?

Edit: Source Daniel on XboxEra

BIG GAMING WEEKEND
06/08/20 – 10/08/20

This weekend, everyone plays! Anybody can enjoy free access to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer, Borderlands 3, DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ and Black Desert on their consoles this weekend. Plus, on PC or console, enjoy free access to Gears 5, Subnautica or ARK: Survival Evolved. Your friends don't have Xbox Live Gold? Not a problem, this weekend everyone can play multiplayer and battle it out online. Your friends don't have Xbox Game Pass? This weekend everyone gets a taste of Xbox Game Pass with Monster Hunter World, ARK: Survival Evolved, Gears 5, Elder Scrolls Online, Subnautica and Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker, that are free to play.
We mean it. This weekend, Everyone Plays.

Last edited:

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
Yeah, IDK if this is a free play weekend or something. Even if it was, I think they usually announce it in advance, and I don't think they start it on Thursdays. I could be wrong though, I've been playing on my PS4 more recently.

Edit: Actually, this may have launched as an announcement to counter whatever Sony will announce at their State of Play today.

Last edited:

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Could easily just be them seeing that Sony's having a free multiplayer weekend and them starting early.

Or they could be getting rid of the paywall.

Or it could just be a mistake.

Hard to say anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Hm, I dunno, it's likely a free weekend sorta thing. Trying to play multiplayer on a 360 right now will still asks for Gold.

Edit: mind y'all I still think it'll happen. I am open to being wrong tho!

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
This could be preceding an official announcement, or it could be a glitch. Starting a free weekend early in the morning on Thursday seems a little weird.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
No idea what's going on..not going to assume it's going away yet but man they are sowing confusion to be sure

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
A free weekend play right now given all the rumors lately would be hilarious and terribly ill timed given those rumors. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, surely MS will address it one way or another soon.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
No plans
Free Online
Not the weekend

Obviously, this is a Cyberpunk viral marketing campaign.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Looks like not paying for console online play is back on the menu, boys!

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
To be fair, their last Free Play Days took place July 30 to August 2 which was Thursday to Sunday.

So they did two free play weekends in a row? And both extra-long ones?

If this isn't preceding the big announcement everyone is hoping for, this is a hilariously ill-timed backend issue or free weekend with no announcement

OP
OP
Guerrilla

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
So they did two free play weekends in a row? And both extra-long ones?

If this isn't preceding the big announcement everyone is hoping for, this is a hilariously ill-timed backend issue or free weekend with no announcement
Yeah this is either the worst coincidence ever or something is happening

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But they usually announce it in advance 🤔
news.xbox.com

Free Play Days – Two Point Hospital, Disintegration, and Rocket Arena - Xbox Wire

Design and build your own hospitals, play a sci-fi FPS from the co-creator of Halo, and discover the joy of rocket gameplay. Three fantastic games are available to play this weekend with Free Play Days. Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can play Two Point Hospital...
That came 10 hours after it going live.