• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

I know people seriously doubt a collection but a Wind Waker + Twilight Princess HD collection and Ocarina of Time + Majora's Mask Collection would be great.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As one of the dozen people who still have a WiiU: What about Ocarina and Majora?

They could use the facelift on a big TV!

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Man I hope Nintendo will not release each separately and sell them for $60 a piece... I hope they don't do that..
I am looking forward to playing WW and TP again though

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Insiders have "confirmed" something that hasn't actually been confirmed because Nintendo themselves have not confirmed it.

Oct 26, 2017
I can finally play Wind Waker and Skyward Sword?

tenor.gif

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
They'll release a collection with OoT, WW, and TP, inexplicably leaving off MM for seemingly no reason as per tradition

Oct 27, 2017
What's up with that Phantom Hourglass trademark? Are they just going to go nuts until every Zelda is playable on Switch?

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have to buy them at $60 each separately again though? Fuck that shit, even though I'll probably do it. >:( Also "knowing" at least SS, WW, and TP are coming makes BotW 2 seem way less likely this year. :/

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
If they had announced it now as a bundle, people would ask why isn't Skyward Sword in the bundle too.

So they'll announce a bundle with WW+TP after July so people that already bought it can't complain.
Also, it will only be available for 5 months or something like that.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Do we have to buy them at $60 each separately again though? Fuck that shit, even though I'll probably do it. >:( Also "knowing" at least SS, WW, and TP are coming makes BotW 2 seem way less likely this year. :/

it was written off of this year the moment Aonuma said we'll have more news for you later this year.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So 3 games in the Super Mario 3D All-Stars pack for $60, but they pulled out Skyward Sword and are selling it as a standalone $60 title.

And this assume that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess also aren't sold separately for $60 each, which they very well may be.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Awesome if true. I haven't played Twilight Princess, and I'd definitely consider double-dipping on Wind Waker HD.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
What's up with that Phantom Hourglass trademark? Are they just going to go nuts until every Zelda is playable on Switch?

I think, long-term, they want pretty much all their games on Switch. The Switch family is going to be their platform for the next decade+.

Now I'm not saying we'll see Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks this year or anything. But they're not going to stop rereleasing their 3D library. It's a big part of how they fill out their line-up.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they are coming, but there is zero chance that Nintendo bundles Twilight Princess HD and Windwaker HD for $60 when Skyward Sword HD is solo $60.

Nobody can convince me otherwise. Not even insiders.

Oct 25, 2017
Let me guess, full price for each of them, no extra content. I'm not buying Nintendo ports anymore, which unfortunately is a good portion of their Switch library atm.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Most of us expected this, but good to hear from those in the know. The question now is if they'll be in a bundle or remain separate.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
If they had announced it now as a bundle, people would ask why isn't Skyward Sword in the bundle too.

So they'll announce a bundle with WW+TP after July so people that already bought it can't complain.
Also, it will only be available for 5 months or something like that.
"im not buying skyward sword for 60"

*ww+tp+ss bundle comes out afterward for $159.99*

"now there's a bargin"

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Didn't the original WW HD have frame pacing issues (at 30 fps)? This is a great opportunity to rectify that.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I am hoping for at least a discount. $60 each would really suck. $60 for a bundle is fine.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
As someone who has only played about half the Zelda games, Wind Waker is the miss that I really want to play. I would lay down $60 to get it in a bundle with Twilight Princess, though I'm not sure I'd ever get around to playing TP. By the time I finished Wind Waker, I'd probably want to give Zelda a break until the new BotW comes out.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If these do come out, they won't be a bundle. Nintendo's Switch strategy is "no one played this on Wii U anyway" and they'd certainly have reason to believe they could sell reasonably well standalone, as have all the other Wii U ports.