Multiple people hinting at Metroid Prime 4 being at The Game Awards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Only just hit my radar, someone give me a run-down version please. How likely is Prime 4 to be shown at the event, has there been hints/implications?

edit: recent hints aside from OP stuff obviously.

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm not the one you asked, but I really wanna see the Samus Returns Design in HD.
The game was great and had really good graphics for a 3DS game, but id din't do the design justice.

so menacing
I am definitely a fan of the Samus Returns design and sad that Smash didn't take the opportunity to let us use it in HD. It basically only exists in HD in promotional material, the in-game model was very simplified. It's a shame.

Oct 25, 2017
Only just hit my radar, someone give me a run-down version please. How likely is Prime 4 to be shown at the event, has there been hints/implications?
See this:
Nice. Pixelpar was 10/10 during the Pokemon hype.

Between Pixelpar hinting "METROID PREMIER," [email protected] liking Metroid responses to his tweet about TGA leaks (including one mentioning Trilogy HD), and Liam Robertson saying Nintendo employees have leaked Trilogy HD, I feel pretty confident for tonight.

But will it actually pan out to Trilogy and 4 or just one or the other? Could just be a short 4 gameplay reveal.
I'm hoping for a full Trilogy blowout with a short tease for 4.
Those are just the recent hints, there have been more by others. I think even by a mod here. So it's been pretty well hinted that something Metroid is coming.
Can never say for certain but chances are looking good. Nothing definite, though.

Oct 27, 2017
I’m gonna be off to sleep in a mo. I’m hoping to wake up in the morning to find out that my made up fake hype rumour posts about MPT existing and being released in Feb turn out to be true. Whoop whoop!

Oct 25, 2017

edit: recent hints aside from OP stuff obviously.
Nothing huge, just a few possible insiders that liked some Metroid related tweets. There’s a good chance but it’s based on a combination of minor hints and major hopes.

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of style are you looking for? Post a picture of your favorite Samus design!
I'm assuming you've got something like the Smash Brawl/Melee Samus designs in mind, which were more based on her classic depictions.
I like these a lot. Even though It's basically the same suit, she looks a lot cooler to me in the older design. What I don't like about the newer prime design is she looks too, for lack of a better word, lanky.

Nov 30, 2017
I know I'm not the one you asked, but I really wanna see the Samus Returns Design in HD.
The game was great and had really good graphics for a 3DS game, but id din't do the design justice.

so menacing
Definitely one of my favorite suits. I especially love the Gravity Suit rendition Mercury Steam did.

Sweet, half and half? I can do some banners for the prime games.
Sounds like a good plan. Do you have a discord account?

edit: also if we're doing favorite suits; I made a handy dandy suit timeline you can pick from :)

Oct 25, 2017
I like these a lot. Even though It's basically the same suit, she looks a lot cooler to me in the older design. What I don't like about the newer prime design is she looks too, for lack of a better word, lanky.
Oh yeah, those look great. Samus' proportions did change in the transition to 3D. Then OtherM only made her suit even slimmer. I'd love to get some of that bulk back. It makes her overall silhouette way more interesting.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I really hope they announce MPT:HD as well. I don't have a Wii U anymore...

...and I've never actually finished any Metroid game. Not even Prime 3.

That is despite really liking the series. Guess I'm one of them fake gamer boys.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I must admit that the standard design of Samus seems a bit ugly in terms of colors. Yellow, red, orange, green and blue. Too many, it is not cohesive.

I wish a change like Link in BOTW

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They need to bring back the Samus Returns suit in Prime 4.

That thing worked way too well in the HD Promo Materials, and it may let us get Samus Returns Zero Suit Samus too.

Nov 30, 2017
They need to bring back the Samus Returns suit in Prime 4.

That thing worked way too well in the HD Promo Materials, and it may let us get Samus Returns Zero Suit Samus too.
It be pretty cool if they did the Fusion suit unlockable from Prime 1 with the SR Suit for Prime 4. Like Fusion and Prime, Prime 4 and Samus Returns are pretty much sister games too.

Oct 26, 2017
I must admit that the standard design of Samus seems a bit ugly in terms of colors. Yellow, red, orange, green and blue. Too many, it is not cohesive.

I wish a change like Link in BOTW
Red + Yellow has always been the best Power Suit look. The orange accents are a bit superfluous but it was to keep a somewhat consistent look between Power, Varia and Gravity suit.

Oct 26, 2017
Wait so...would Metroid Trilogy on Switch mean that they would have to adapt MP3 for regular controller use? Sorry, not really familiar with the switch standard controls but I never really got into MP3 because of Wii controls.

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely one of my favorite suits. I especially love the Gravity Suit rendition Mercury Steam did.

Sounds like a good plan. Do you have a discord account?

edit: also if we're doing favorite suits; I made a handy dandy suit timeline you can pick from :)
You forgot the Metroid Prime Fusion Suit

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so...would Metroid Trilogy on Switch mean that they would have to adapt MP3 for regular controller use? Sorry, not really familiar with the switch standard controls but I never really got into MP3 because of Wii controls.
according to Imran, Bamco has their hands in the trilogy port, presumably to unify the control schemes with MP4

Oct 27, 2017
I would think they would adapt MP3 to use the Switch controllers motion controls. I'm not sure how some of the boss fights would even work with regular analogs without significant assists or altering of the bosses themselves.

Nov 20, 2018
I would think they would adapt MP3 to use the Switch controllers motion controls. I'm not sure how some of the boss fights would even work with regular analogs without significant assists or altering of the bosses themselves.
Are the Switch Joy-cons unable to use motion controls? I thought they had an infra-red sensor

Oct 25, 2017
Then they might as well be using the same engine be full remakes sharing assets across the three games?
Oh boy, please let this be true.
I don't know if that's particularly possible since I don't know how similar the assets are between the three games are. that sounds like a lot more work, but if Toys For Bob could do it for Spyro, then I guess this could be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.