• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All these people showing up to the Game Awards. We might get like 5-6 announcements for Switch. Not just MP4 and MPT.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Are there hidden words in Geoff's tweet which only certain people can read or why are people taking his tweet as confirmation that Metroid won't be there?

Plum

May 31, 2018
All these people showing up to the Game Awards. We might get like 5-6 announcements for Switch. Not just MP4 and MPT.

Ah, you've clearly forgotten the first rule of Nintendo third party relations:

Don't ever expect any Nintendo third party relations

Are there hidden words in Geoff's tweet which only certain people can read or why are people taking his tweet as confirmation that Metroid won't be there?

My post was half healthy pessimism and half a joke. Either way it's best to not expect MP4 even if it feels like it'll show up.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
Travis Strikes Again is going to be a weird cross over game where he is trying to work for the Federation to hunt down Samus.

Viewtiful Joe is his commanding office, he does by Adam(er).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good memory, yes. The same people that told me that a "Star Fox - Metroid: Fusion Saga" game was once a pitched title on the table at Nintendo and Retro Studios, told me this past April about Star Fox: Grand Prix.

Regarding the latter, I have no knowledge on its current status, if any.
Dang. So you know nothing about Star Fox GP?

HommePomme

Oct 30, 2017
True story, I bought Breath of The Wild for Switch before even owning a Switch about a year after buying it.

Can't remember if I've seen this before, but it looks familiar. Pretty well done for a fake, makes me also want a PC Edition of a Prime game with VR support.

You can actually do this fairly successfully in Dolphin, played through almost the entire Prime 1 in VR

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Finally the infamous scene with Geoff and Reggie wearing a Metroid pin only to announce fucking cranky kong playable is gonna come full circle with an actual and substantial Metroid announcement. It only took like what? 5 years?

Dec 11, 2017
Dang. So you know nothing about Star Fox GP?

Other than the timing being somewhat coincidental, to when I was given the original game and that it's supposedly a Retro Studios title, no. Nothing has emerged since April.

Just my own hypothesis here, but if it is in development, I could see that it was not shown off at E3 as to not take away any thunder from Ubisoft's Starlink and its own Star Fox inclusion.

If it is not in development, then it most likely shares the same fate that Star Fox - Metroid did: a pitch and nothing more. (Or a pitch that entered development and fell apart along the way.)

I'm very curious to see what comes of it.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not happening.

Everyone go home.

Samus walks back into the abyss of no-news once more

78c.gif

Fixed.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Phillips is liking tweets with "Metroid" guesses in them under his "most of the reveals are known..." tweet

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
What if Sylux is really Captain Falcon? Remember he is a bounty hunter on the side.

He hates Samus & the Federation for costing him the F-Zero championship.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tom Phillips is liking tweets with "Metroid" guesses in them under his "most of the reveals are known..." tweet

It looks like everyone is pretty confident that Metroid will be there in one form or another.

What if Sylux is really Captain Falcon? Remember he is a bounty hunter on the side.

He hates Samus & the Federation for costing him the F-Zero championship.

Did this happen in Metroid x Star Fox?

Dec 11, 2017

Several years ago I received a rumor about that crossover potentially been in development. After attending that year's E3,I learned that as far as it made it was a pitch that was discussed at some point.

Now regarding the racing game, my guess is as good as anyone's at this point for I was only told by the same people, of its existence in some capacity.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
oh, I really hope they don't fuck up with the cover art this time. the Prime 3 and Other m box arts were...well....

latest

latest

>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.