• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
oh, I really hope they don't fuck up with the cover art this time. the Prime 3 and Other m box arts were...well....

latest

latest

>_>
Switch boxarts have been amazing so far, hopefully Prime 4 continues the trend

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the tldr so far? Trilogy all but confirmed? I'll be happy if i that's all we see, tbh.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
At the last VG awards Nintendo announced a release for Bayo1 and 2 for Switch and Bayo 3 was in development. This year it would be choice if they followed that up with an announcement of Metroid Trilogy for Switch was coming soon and then show off some MP4 footage

not_swift

May 2, 2018
How salty would people be if they didnt show Metroid Prime 4 or trilogy and instead only had Metroid Other M HD to show.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
The only way I'd be "okay" with a Metroid absence is if Nintendo show us Star Fox GP instead.

And Half-Life 3 exclusive for Nintendo 3DS

Plum

May 31, 2018
At least it was better than the Prime 4 reveal lol.

I remember watching this one a million times.

Can you imagine if a trailer like this is the one they showed?
- Generic fast-paced techno soundtrack
- No sense of isolation
- Random shots of people playing the game (standing up... for some reason)
- Focus on the gimmicky motion control aspects

Watching that and, damn, it is crazy how far video game marketing has come.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

They will start with a trailer for Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch. 60 fps, 1080p, redrawn textures, new lighting engine, choose between motion controls or regular controls. To be released in March 2019.

Geoff, visibly unimpressed: "So yeah, that's it for Nintendo. Here with me President of Nintendo of America and COO, Reggie Fils-Aimé to talk more about these ports."
Reggie: "Thank you for having me, Geoff. It seems like after all those years, you still can't do it without me."
Geoff: "I, uh-"
Reggie: "So, the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Three incredible games, critically acclaimed, by our talented team at Retro Studios in Austin, Texas. These are the games we want Switch players to have, and now, for the first time ever, take them wherever they want."
Geoff: "Alright, okay. So, thank you, we can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for 2019."
Reggie: "Geoff, Geoff, Geoff. When will you ever learn, you little raggamuffin. Did you really think I would only bring ports to your show?"
Geoff: "So tha-"
Reggie: "What is my name, Geoff?"
Geoff: "I don't under-"
Reggie: "WHAT IS MY NAME?"
Geoff: "Reggie! It's Reggie!"
Reggie: "You're goddamn right. And what am I about?"
Geoff: "Kicking ass?"
Reggie: "And?"
Geoff: "Taking names?"
Reggie: "That's right. And we at Nintendo are about making games. That's why, tonight, I have three more announcements for you and our fans all over the world."

Geoff feels that he is about to lose control of his show but is unable to do anything about it.

Reggie: "Roll that shit."

The first trailer plays. We see through the eyes of someone who is running through a rainforest. The person is breathing heavily and is probably hurt. They dive through shrubbery, jump over fissures when suddenly the ground under their feet caves in and they fall. It is dark, we can't see anything but we can hear. A massive beast, vicious and brutal, comes closer and closer, ready to kill its prey, when suddenly...

...A HUD appears around the edges of the screen, switches to night vision, an arm cannon raises and shoots three swift missiles. It is Samus! A montage of various visually rich alien locales plays. We see Samus fight aliens, turn into a morphball, switch between different beams and visors. It fades to black and for a single moment we see three red eyes that quickly vanish. The Metroid Prime 4 logo appears but "Prime 4" slowly fades away to reveal...

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Geoff: "Wow. There you go, Metroid Dread for Ni-"

Reggie: "Don't interrupt me. When we announced Metroid Prime 4 in 2017, we set our fans' imagination on fire. How could we follow up the revolutionary trilogy? It seemed impossible. But producer Mr. Kensuke Tanabe and the talented team at Bandai Namco Singapore came up with an answer: Metroid Dread. And we can't wait to show you more at next year's E3. Now I know what you're thinking, Geoff: Why isn't Retro Studios making this? Well, I am glad you're asking. For years, fans have been wondering what Retro Studios has been working on. For good reason. With Metroid Prime they revolutionized the first person shooter. In Donkey Kong Country Returns they brought the joy of challenging platformers to millions of people. With every project, they have revitalized characters and worlds that are extremely dear to us at Nintendo. The game that I am about to show you is the next chapter for Retro Studios."

We're in a workshop. Tools are spread out on a work bench and there is a lot of commotion but we cannot make out the words. The camera pans over to something mechanical, we trace the lines of a strangely familiar machine in white with blue accents. We zoom out to reveal an Arwing... but it looks different, like a car. Slippy pops up from behind it, his face smeared with oil. He says: "Here you go!" The camera snaps around and we see Fox and Falco fighting, Peppy trying to keep them apart. The repairs are done and Fox shouts: "Let's rock and roll!"

Fox zooms around a race track at lightning speed but it becomes apparent that this isn't a typical racing game. He shoots down enemies, loops around through canyons, asteroid fields, seamlessly exits and reenters planets' atmospheres. We see epic boss fights with a dynamic camera, your team constantly giving you pointers through your voice comm, Fox walking around in Corneria in some form of adventure mode where he starts quests etc. The trailer ends with an intense race that leads Fox through a battlefield with two opposing factions fighting each other. He dodges spaceships, lasers, explosions, the music swells up, Falco tells Fox that he warned him, Peppy tells him to be careful but only Slippy has useful advice: "Do a barrel-". Cut.

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

Geoff: "..."
Reggie: "Aren't you going to say something, Geoff?"
Geoff: "No."
Reggie: "I thought so. Star Fox Grand Prix is Retro Studios vision for the Star Fox universe. And next summer, you and your friends will be able to meet up in Corneria for breathtaking races all across the Lylat System with your own StarFox Grand Prix avatars in up to 16 player races."
Geoff: "That is amazing, Reggie!"
Reggie: "Geoff. Didn't I tell you I was about taking names?"
Geoff: "You did."
Reggie: "Then don't make me take yours. For our last reveal tonight, I want to bring a special guest to the stage: Mr. Hideki Kamiya."

Kamiya gets on stage, shakes Reggie's hand. As he walks towards Geoff, Reggie slaps his butt but Kamiya is unfazed.

Kamiya: "I am here to present a game, exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. As a game creator, it has been my passion to finish games and ship them. Today, we will give you the first look at our new creation. Prepare to see action in a game that will actually be released."

We see the same race from the end of the Star Fox GP trailer but from a different perspective, from below. We hear rattling and clanking, the camera pans around and it's Captain Falcon trying to repair his Blue Falcon, which was seemingly shot in the race, and giving up. He closes the hood and raises an angry fist against the sky. We cut to Captain Falcon pushing the Blue Falcon through the streets of Mute City back into his garage. He slowly walks to his door where he finds a note. He reads it, crumples it up and we cut to gameplay. You play Captain Falcon in a beat 'em up/racer hybrid where you can seamlessly combo with your Blue Falcon. The trailer ends with the iconic Falcon Punch into the camera, the screen breaks and reveals...

F-Zero: The Falcon Rises
for Nintendo Switch

We go back to the stage where Reggie is shadowboxing and punches Geoff in the shoulder. Kamiya laughs.

Geoff, rubbing his shoulder: "That was amazing. Mr. Kamiya, what made you choose to work on something like F-Zero?"
Kamiya: "Ask your mom."
Geoff: "...ok, well, when can we play it?"
Kamiya: "Next week in game magazines."
Geoff: "Can you tell us anything about this game?"
Kamiya: "Eat shit."

Reggie grabs Geoff, goes for a suplex and Kamiya catches him with a clothesline. Both of them walk off the stage.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Fuck it, I am calling it

They will start with a trailer for Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch. 60 fps, 1080p, redrawn textures, new lighting engine, choose between motion controls or regular controls. To be released in March 2019.

Geoff, visibly unimpressed: "So yeah, that's it for Nintendo. Here with me President of Nintendo of America and COO, Reggie Fils-Aimé to talk more about these ports."
Reggie: "Thank you for having me, Geoff. It seems like after all those years, you still can't do it without me."
Reggie: "So, the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Three incredible games, critically acclaimed, by our talented team at Retro Studios in Austin, Texas. These are the games we want Switch players to have, and now, for the first time ever, take them wherever they want."
Geoff: "Alright, okay. So, thank you, we can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for 2019."
Reggie: "Geoff, Geoff, Geoff. When will you ever learn, you little raggamuffin. Did you really think I would only bring ports to your show?"
Reggie: "That's right. And we at Nintendo are about making games. That's why, tonight, I have three more announcements for you and our fans all over the world."

Geoff feels that he is about to lose control of his show but is unable to do anything about it.

The first trailer plays. We see through the eyes of someone who is running through a rainforest. The person is breathing heavily and is probably hurt. They dive through shrubbery, jump over fissures when suddenly the ground under their feet caves in and they fall. It is dark, we can't see anything but we can hear. A massive beast, vicious and brutal, comes closer and closer, ready to kill its prey, when suddenly...

...A HUD appears around the edges of the screen, switches to night vision, an arm cannon raises and shoots three swift missiles. It is Samus! A montage of various visually rich alien locales plays. We see Samus fight aliens, turn into a morphball, switch between different beams and visors. It fades to black and for a single moment we see three red eyes that quickly vanish. The Metroid Prime 4 logo appears but "Prime 4" slowly fades away to reveal...

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Reggie: "Don't interrupt me. When we announced Metroid Prime 4 in 2017, we set our fans' imagination on fire. How could we follow up the revolutionary trilogy? It seemed impossible. But producer Mr. Kensuke Tanabe and the talented team at Bandai Namco Singapore came up with an answer: Metroid Dread. And we can't wait to show you more at next year's E3. Now I know what you're thinking, Geoff: Why isn't Retro Studios making this? Well, I am glad you're asking. For years, fans have been wondering what Retro Studios has been working on. For good reason. With Metroid Prime they revolutionized the first person shooter. In Donkey Kong Country Returns they brought the joy of challenging platformers to millions of people. With every project, they have revitalized characters and worlds that are extremely dear to us at Nintendo. The game that I am about to show you is the next chapter for Retro Studios."

We're in a workshop. Tools are spread out on a work bench and there is a lot of commotion but we cannot make out the words. The camera pans over to something mechanical, we trace the lines of a strangely familiar machine in white with blue accents. We zoom out to reveal an Arwing... but it looks different, like a car. Slippy pops up from behind it, his face smeared with oil. He says: "Here you go!" The camera snaps around and we see Fox and Falco fighting, Peppy trying to keep them apart. The repairs are done and Fox shouts: "Let's rock and roll!"

Fox zooms around a race track at lightning speed but it becomes apparent that this isn't a typical racing game. He shoots down enemies, loops around through canyons, asteroid fields, seamlessly exits and reenters planets' atmospheres. We see epic boss fights with a dynamic camera, your team constantly giving you pointers through your voice comm, Fox walking around in Corneria in some form of adventure mode where he starts quests etc. The trailer ends with an intense race that leads Fox through a battlefield with two opposing factions fighting each other. He dodges spaceships, lasers, explosions, the music swells up, Falco tells Fox that he warned him, Peppy tells him to be careful but only Slippy has useful advice: "Do a barrel-". Cut.

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

Reggie: "I thought so. Star Fox Grand Prix is Retro Studios vision for the Star Fox universe. And next summer, you and your friends will be able to meet up in Corneria for breathtaking races all across the Lylat System with your own StarFox Grand Prix avatars in up to 16 player races."
Reggie: "Then don't make me take yours. For our last reveal tonight, I want to bring a special guest to the stage: Mr. Hideki Kamiya."

Kamiya gets on stage, shakes Reggie's hand. As he walks towards Geoff, Reggie slaps his butt but Kamiya is unfazed.

Kamiya: "I am here to present a game, exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. As a game creator, it has been my passion to finish games and ship them. Today, we will give you the first look at our new creation. Prepare to see action in a game that will actually be released."

We see the same race from the end of the Star Fox GP trailer but from a different perspective, from below. We hear rattling and clanking, the camera pans around and it's Captain Falcon trying to repair his Blue Falcon, which was seemingly shot in the race, and giving up. He closes the hood and raises an angry fist against the sky. We cut to Captain Falcon pushing the Blue Falcon through the streets of Mute City back into his garage. He slowly walks to his door where he finds a note. He reads it, crumples it up and we cut to gameplay. You play Captain Falcon in a beat 'em up/racer hybrid where you can seamlessly combo with your Blue Falcon. The trailer ends with the iconic Falcon Punch into the camera, the screen breaks and reveals...

for Nintendo Switch

We go back to the stage where Reggie is shadowboxing and punches Geoff in the shoulder. Kamiya laughs.

Geoff, rubbing his shoulder: "That was amazing. Mr. Kamiya, what made you choose to work on something like F-Zero?"

Reggie grabs Geoff, goes for a suplex and Kamiya catches him with a clothesline. Both of them walk off the stage.
Lost it at "eat shit"

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

Oh my God... you went full Neiteio

You should never go full Neiteio

Dec 11, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

Thank you! That was quite fun.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

sis...
this is... beautiful.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

LMAO

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

CsVMPy5.gif

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

You can tell this is fake because Geoff isn't a good enough actor to pull this all off.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

I'm laughing so hard right now, make it stop, my goodness.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

Someone get this fucking user a tag.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

Even if all of the above games are real, VGA is doomed to disappoint. Well never see such campy beautiful stage chemistry come together as well as this

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

This is probably the greatest post I've ever seen. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Metroid Prime 4 is Nintendo's next big game, if they game receives a BotW/Mario Odyssey style blowout at 2019's E3, then the game will definitely come in 2019. If it doesn't and it's just shown and/or playable without too much focus on it, then it will definitely won't be a 2019 title.

I think Animal Crossing is their next big game unless Pokemon comes out before it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

Damn man, how did you get access to the Game Awards script?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

God I love "Gaming Announcement" fan fiction.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

This is beautiful.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

Yep, one of the greatest posts Era ever saw

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Fuck it, I am calling it

Metroid Dread
for Nintendo Switch
Fall 2019

Star Fox Grand Prix
for Nintendo Switch
Summer 2019

for Nintendo Switch

Fucking great.

Status
Not open for further replies.