• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So who else has a mix of the Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros Ultimate themes stuck in their head today?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite part is watching reaction videos after they show something big. Since we're expecting MP4 and Trilogy you should watch Easy Allies reactions afterwards. They have great reactions and they had Metroid Prime 4 as one of their most anticipated games.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
9 hours Reggie about to drop that shit.

tenor.gif

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
I have a mix of excitement and fear.

I am nervous Tanabe is taking Metroid into full on Hollywood popcorn Sci-Fi Blockbuster territory, and I like my Metroid claustrophobic, isolated and nerve wracking.

My suggestion envisions Peppy going very in-depth the race in a way that conveys that the races in question are basically long bombastic on rail shooter set pieces with a racing twist, which is what I'm imagining based on rumors.

You know those exposition scenes in heist movies? A trailer structured like that could work.

Right on dude. Star Fox Racing should basically BE a Star Fox game, anyways. On-Rails track, Vehicle Power Ups, Weapons Power Ups, Character Interaction, Hazards, Boss Battles, etc. That is Star Fox, except your objective is to finish the level first.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Geoff is saying once again that some expected reveals won't happen. He's been saying it for a while. Things like TLOU2 have already been officialy confirmed to miss the show, so it sounds like Metroid is skipping it as well.

What other "expected reveals" remain unconfirmed? Metroid is the biggest one.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Geoff is saying once again that some expected reveals won't happen. He's been saying it for a while. Things like TLOU2 have already been officialy confirmed to miss the show, so it sounds like Metroid is skipping it as well.

Are you a troll?

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

It's hard for me to say we should expect a trailer for anything...

But I really do think we will see an announcement for Metroid Prime Trilogy HD launching early next year.

Getting a trailer for Prime 4 seems plausible, but maybe not as likely as we thought. Considering the things he's saying, ya know, getting somethings but not everything.

Mar 23, 2018

Peers respectfully spooked of Metroid Prime 4. They all watched footage of MP4 at 8K 144HZ running on the New Super Switch, heard the OST coming back and were like "welp, this is gonna be tough" then they saw Kamiya approaching backstage rocking a Captain Falcon helmet and they thought "...we're done here" The cosmos is speaking, folks

Oct 30, 2017
No, I'm just not as confident as everyone here that they'll show Prime 4 in TGA, especially after seeing Geoff say that some expected announcements won't be there. I'm more confident about Bayo3 and even a new Zelda game.
Where did he say that some expected announcements won't be there? Genuinely looking to read/hear it.

Jeff also said there will be a ton of games that will go live during and after the show, which is cool! Prime Trilogy drop please thx?!

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Metroid stuff may or may not appear. Nintendo is announcing something here, we basically know that for a fact, and whether it's Metroid, Star Fox: Grand Prix, Bayo 3 or Smash DLC - it's probably going to be something significant.

I imagine MP4 is a borderline lock to show up in the next 6 months. Don't throw all your hype potatoes into that basket tonight and all should be well.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
WTF? So now there won't be Metroid Prime 4 at all at TGA!? Jeeesus, guess I'm not bothering on watching the show at all then.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Geoff said some rumored games will appear, some won't. So you immediately jump to Metroid Prime 4 NOT appearing instead of being the one that will appear?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty sure he is. Almost every time I see his name come up it's in an effort to derail a thread.

Not that this is really derailing, since it's about whether or not Metroid Prime 4 will show up at TGAs. But he's been trying to repeat this a bunch of times without explaining why he thinks Geoff is referring to Metroid specifically when he makes this comment about not everything showing up.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
please tell me nintendo is not going to only announce the trilogy and delay the prime 4 reveal

Mar 23, 2018
please tell me nintendo is not going to only announce the trilogy and delay the prime 4 reveal

The Prime 4 reveal is probably going to happen, yeah

A Metroid Prime 4 CGI 30 second trailer following the Metroid Prime trilogy announcement and a "find out more in January 2019"

It would be cool if you unlocked a Metroid Prime 4 trailer or gameplay footage... demo? once you beat the Trilogy on Switch. Like "You want to see MP4? Then you beat the games"
18heo90x9b1pcjpg.jpg

(or go watch it on youtube, like people did with that secret "kingdom hearts 3" trailer back in the day)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
1) I don't think Jonneh and Nate would have made these teases just for a MPT HD remaster. I know a MPT HD remaster is heavily desired and pretty awesome but that's not really something to get Era riled up about.

2) Insiders know about this game. Imran just a few pages back seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about how it's progressing. So it's safe to assume some people know that it's ready to be revealed.

3) Mods (such as Jonneh and Nate) would not have let this thread go on for 60 pages of us hyping ourselves up continuously if we were misinterpreting their teases.

So relax guys. There are plenty of other people talking about games they want to see at TGAs and Geoff has likely seen all sorts of requests, not just Prime 4.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1) I don't think Jonneh and Nate would have made these teases just for a MPT HD remaster. I know a MPT HD remaster is heavily desired and pretty awesome but that's not really something to get Era riled up about.

2) Insiders know about this game. Imran just a few pages back seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about how it's progressing. So it's safe to assume some people know that it's ready to be revealed.

3) Mods (such as Jonneh and Nate) would not have let this thread go on for 60 pages of us hyping ourselves up continuously if we were misinterpreting their teases.

So relax guys. There are plenty of other people talking about games they want to see at TGAs and Geoff has likely seen all sorts of requests, not just Prime 4.
I'm hyped, but I've always survived countless The Last Guardian E3 disappointments before it finally came out. I'll remain... hopeful.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
If we get Metroid related news tonight, petty sure Nintendo will tease Prime 4 after the Trilogy Switch port announcement.

There's no way they would just leave us hanging on a Wii port when everyone knows that Prime 4 already exists.

This is assuming we even get Metroid news. Why's everyone believing that this is likely?

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Updated the banner, it kind of sucks so if anyone wants to send me a better banner...Please do.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely expecting the HD Remaster announcement and CAUTIOUSLY optimistic about an MP4 trailer of sorts. Maybe a 10-15 second teaser, but I hope my fears are assuaged come tonight.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
i figure if we don't get metroid news tonight we'll get metroid news in a january direct. if nintendo only announced the date of the january direct tonight i'd still call the whole evening a success.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i figure if we don't get metroid news tonight we'll get metroid news in a january direct. if nintendo only announced the date of the january direct tonight i'd still call the whole evening a success.

Reggie coming onstage to announce nothing but a Direct in January would be incredible. Nintendo fans wouldn't know how to feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.