• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Kamiya game is released on Switch. Im sure about bayo3, a Kamiya game and a surprise game from nintendo (retro or zelda). Not so sure about MP4 though.

Oct 25, 2017

Nice. Pixelpar was 10/10 during the Pokemon hype.

Between Pixelpar hinting "METROID PREMIER," Tom@Eurogamer liking Metroid responses to his tweet about TGA leaks (including one mentioning Trilogy HD), and Liam Robertson saying Nintendo employees have leaked Trilogy HD, I feel pretty confident for tonight.

But will it actually pan out to Trilogy and 4 or just one or the other? Could just be a short 4 gameplay reveal.
I'm hoping for a full Trilogy blowout with a short tease for 4.

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
Unpopular opinion time. I'd like if Samus gets a slight redesign in MP4. I think she looks way better in the old 2D games compared to her Prime design.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
seriously dude, what are these predictions?
Kamiya is in LA, bayo 3 was revealed in the last TGA, and every TgA has had a Zelda announcement. I like ti think about actual surprises as well, instead of only "more X game footage". Retro is a western studio and has been working in an unnanounced game for 5+ years, revealing it in TGA would be fitting.

Geoff is saying that some expected announcements won't happen, but that there'll be surprises.

Oct 25, 2017
Unpopular opinion time. I'd like if Samus gets a slight redesign in MP4. I think she looks way better in the old 2D games compared to her Prime design.
What kind of style are you looking for? Post a picture of your favorite Samus design!
I'm assuming you've got something like the Smash Brawl/Melee Samus designs in mind, which were more based on her classic depictions.

LohqJ1h.jpg

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Get ready for the "EVERYONE IS HERE" Metroid Prime 4 trailer featuring Samus, Sylux, all the bounty hunters and of course Adam.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kamiya is in LA, bayo 3 was revealed in the last TGA, and every TgA has had a Zelda announcement. I like ti think about actual surprises as well, instead of only "more X game footage". Retro is a western studio and has been working in an unnanounced game for 5+ years, revealing it in TGA would be fitting.

Geoff is saying that some expected announcements won't happen, but that there'll be surprises.
i know but seriously who can see all the teases and hints and think metroid isn't gonna be there but zelda (!!!) will

Get ready for the "EVERYONE IS HERE" Metroid Prime 4 trailer featuring Samus, Sylux, all the bounty hunters and of course Adam.
yall ready for a bounty hunter pass?

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
What kind of style are you looking for? Post a picture of your favorite Samus design!
I'm assuming you've got something like the Smash Brawl/Melee Samus designs in mind, which were more based on her classic depictions.
I know I'm not the one you asked, but I really wanna see the Samus Returns Design in HD.
The game was great and had really good graphics for a 3DS game, but id din't do the design justice.

wx9Wn5K.jpg

so menacing

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Only just hit my radar, someone give me a run-down version please. How likely is Prime 4 to be shown at the event, has there been hints/implications?

edit: recent hints aside from OP stuff obviously.

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm not the one you asked, but I really wanna see the Samus Returns Design in HD.
The game was great and had really good graphics for a 3DS game, but id din't do the design justice.

wx9Wn5K.jpg

so menacing

I am definitely a fan of the Samus Returns design and sad that Smash didn't take the opportunity to let us use it in HD. It basically only exists in HD in promotional material, the in-game model was very simplified. It's a shame.

Oct 25, 2017
Only just hit my radar, someone give me a run-down version please. How likely is Prime 4 to be shown at the event, has there been hints/implications?
See this:
Nice. Pixelpar was 10/10 during the Pokemon hype.

Between Pixelpar hinting "METROID PREMIER," Tom@Eurogamer liking Metroid responses to his tweet about TGA leaks (including one mentioning Trilogy HD), and Liam Robertson saying Nintendo employees have leaked Trilogy HD, I feel pretty confident for tonight.

But will it actually pan out to Trilogy and 4 or just one or the other? Could just be a short 4 gameplay reveal.
I'm hoping for a full Trilogy blowout with a short tease for 4.
Those are just the recent hints, there have been more by others. I think even by a mod here. So it's been pretty well hinted that something Metroid is coming.
Can never say for certain but chances are looking good. Nothing definite, though.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be off to sleep in a mo. I'm hoping to wake up in the morning to find out that my made up fake hype rumour posts about MPT existing and being released in Feb turn out to be true. Whoop whoop!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

edit: recent hints aside from OP stuff obviously.
Nothing huge, just a few possible insiders that liked some Metroid related tweets. There's a good chance but it's based on a combination of minor hints and major hopes.

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
I like these a lot. Even though It's basically the same suit, she looks a lot cooler to me in the older design. What I don't like about the newer prime design is she looks too, for lack of a better word, lanky.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

Zero Mission still has the best official art of any Metroid game which is great because it'll go well with Metroid Prime 4's celshaded look.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

wx9Wn5K.jpg

so menacing

Definitely one of my favorite suits. I especially love the Gravity Suit rendition Mercury Steam did.

metroid-samus-returns-intro.gif

Sweet, half and half? I can do some banners for the prime games.
Sounds like a good plan. Do you have a discord account?

edit: also if we're doing favorite suits; I made a handy dandy suit timeline you can pick from :)

Oct 25, 2017
I like these a lot. Even though It's basically the same suit, she looks a lot cooler to me in the older design. What I don't like about the newer prime design is she looks too, for lack of a better word, lanky.

Oh yeah, those look great. Samus' proportions did change in the transition to 3D. Then OtherM only made her suit even slimmer. I'd love to get some of that bulk back. It makes her overall silhouette way more interesting.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I really hope they announce MPT:HD as well. I don't have a Wii U anymore...

...and I've never actually finished any Metroid game. Not even Prime 3.

That is despite really liking the series. Guess I'm one of them fake gamer boys.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I must admit that the standard design of Samus seems a bit ugly in terms of colors. Yellow, red, orange, green and blue. Too many, it is not cohesive.

I wish a change like Link in BOTW

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Nintendo already did the short tease thing for MP4 a year and a half ago, so it'd be pretty annoying if we don't get a proper trailer with gameplay footage. Wouldn't be completely shocked, though, sadly.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They need to bring back the Samus Returns suit in Prime 4.

That thing worked way too well in the HD Promo Materials, and it may let us get Samus Returns Zero Suit Samus too.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
They need to bring back the Samus Returns suit in Prime 4.

That thing worked way too well in the HD Promo Materials, and it may let us get Samus Returns Zero Suit Samus too.
It be pretty cool if they did the Fusion suit unlockable from Prime 1 with the SR Suit for Prime 4. Like Fusion and Prime, Prime 4 and Samus Returns are pretty much sister games too.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
What if they just show footage of Metroid Prime Trilogy and announce the release date of MP4 with no footage?

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I must admit that the standard design of Samus seems a bit ugly in terms of colors. Yellow, red, orange, green and blue. Too many, it is not cohesive.

I wish a change like Link in BOTW

Red + Yellow has always been the best Power Suit look. The orange accents are a bit superfluous but it was to keep a somewhat consistent look between Power, Varia and Gravity suit.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
it would be the first Metroid i'm going to play. unfortunately i didn't get a chance to play the previous installments!

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Wait so...would Metroid Trilogy on Switch mean that they would have to adapt MP3 for regular controller use? Sorry, not really familiar with the switch standard controls but I never really got into MP3 because of Wii controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.