• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely one of my favorite suits. I especially love the Gravity Suit rendition Mercury Steam did.

metroid-samus-returns-intro.gif

Sounds like a good plan. Do you have a discord account?

edit: also if we're doing favorite suits; I made a handy dandy suit timeline you can pick from :)

You forgot the Metroid Prime Fusion Suit

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I'd be hyped to go in blind like that.

But that's not how it will happen.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so...would Metroid Trilogy on Switch mean that they would have to adapt MP3 for regular controller use? Sorry, not really familiar with the switch standard controls but I never really got into MP3 because of Wii controls.
according to Imran, Bamco has their hands in the trilogy port, presumably to unify the control schemes with MP4

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so...would Metroid Trilogy on Switch mean that they would have to adapt MP3 for regular controller use? Sorry, not really familiar with the switch standard controls but I never really got into MP3 because of Wii controls.

I would think they would adapt MP3 to use the Switch controllers motion controls. I'm not sure how some of the boss fights would even work with regular analogs without significant assists or altering of the bosses themselves.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I would think they would adapt MP3 to use the Switch controllers motion controls. I'm not sure how some of the boss fights would even work with regular analogs without significant assists or altering of the bosses themselves.

Are the Switch Joy-cons unable to use motion controls? I thought they had an infra-red sensor

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then they might as well be using the same engine be full remakes sharing assets across the three games?
Oh boy, please let this be true.
I don't know if that's particularly possible since I don't know how similar the assets are between the three games are. that sounds like a lot more work, but if Toys For Bob could do it for Spyro, then I guess this could be done?

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, those look great. Samus' proportions did change in the transition to 3D. Then OtherM only made her suit even slimmer. I'd love to get some of that bulk back. It makes her overall silhouette way more interesting.
Yeah totally.

I also need to mention another favorite, the Metroid Fusion design. It's sleek, yet still muscular and doesn't have the lanky proportions like the prime version.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I don't know if that's particularly possible since I don't know how similar the assets are between the three games are. that sounds like a lot more work, but if Toys For Bob could do it for Spyro, then I guess this could be done?
I mean, if Namco is doing it to keep the games uniform, that means they are revamping the first trilogy, and at that rate where do they stop? And yeah, that's a good question, but with good asset design they could do miracles.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
The screen fades in on smoke-covered battleground.
A Federation Trooper battles against a dozen pirates but is overwhelmed and falls to the ground.
Just as he's about to be killed Samus leaps in and annihilates all of the pirates.
Suddenly 3 pirates riding atop Mother Brain dinosaur mode Aurora Units appear and blindside Samus, knocking her to the ground.
The Aurora Units charge hyper beams and blast Samus simultaneously- obliterating her.
Samus' cracked, blood-soaked helmet rolls across the ground and bumps into a set of orange-armored feet.
A hand reaches down to pick up the helmet and the camera pans up to reveal it's another Samus.
The camera pans out further to reveal hundreds of Samuses fighting hundreds of pirates.
The camera zooms out to reveal that the planet is actually a giant Samus in morph ball form.
Voiceover- "After Samus succumbed to the effects of the Space Pirates' giantification experiments and became a planet, the Federation went ahead with their Samus cloning project and created a clone army."
The camera pans out further to reveal Sylux's ship.
Inside Sylux's cockpit. Sylux reaches up to remove its helmet.
"The Federation must be stopped. After all, there must be only one Samus."
Sylux removes helmet to reveal she, too, is a Samus clone.

Play as Sylux as she tries to stop the Federation and Space Pirates in an epic single-player adventure or join your friends online as a Samus Clone Trooper in massive co-op battles!

Tears roll down Tanabe's face.

:P

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The screen fades in on smoke-covered battleground.
A Federation Trooper battles against a dozen pirates but is overwhelmed and falls to the ground.
Just as he's about to be killed Samus leaps in and annihilates all of the pirates.
Suddenly 3 pirates riding atop Mother Brain dinosaur mode Aurora Units appear and blindside Samus, knocking her to the ground.
The Aurora Units charge hyper beams and blast Samus simultaneously- obliterating her.
Samus' cracked, blood-soaked helmet rolls across the ground and bumps into a set of orange-armored feet.
A hand reaches down to pick up the helmet and the camera pans up to reveal it's another Samus.
The camera pans out further to reveal hundreds of Samuses fighting hundreds of pirates.
The camera zooms out to reveal that the planet is actually a giant Samus in morph ball form.
Voiceover- "After Samus succumbed to the effects of the Space Pirates' giantification experiments and became a planet, the Federation went ahead with their Samus cloning project and created a clone army."
The camera pans out further to reveal Sylux's ship.
Inside Sylux's cockpit. Sylux reaches up to remove its helmet.
"The Federation must be stopped. After all, there must be only one Samus."
Sylux removes helmet to reveal she, too, is a Samus clone.

Play as Sylux as she tries to stop the Federation and Space Pirates in an epic single-player adventure or join your friends online as a Samus Clone Trooper in massive co-op battles!

:P
Calling it that Other M Samus was a defective clone. It makes perfect sense that way!

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't stay up for another 2 and half hours. I could play more World of Light but I am getting tired because it's already 1 AM.

Fuck the TGAs I hope everything is cancelled.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah totally.

I also need to mention another favorite, the Metroid Fusion design. It's sleek, yet still muscular and doesn't have the lanky proportions like the prime version.
I like the concept of the Fusion suit, but I don't like the execution in the original promo art. Ends up just seemingly kind of flat and amorphous, I don't get much of a statement from the design.
The sprite work in-game hints at a design more interesting than the accompanying art, with an almost iridescent beetle shell shine of blues and greens that is not carried over into the closeups.

Though that aspect was eventually revisited in art for Samus Returns. I do really like the art for this redesign of it. Better silhouette, more confident shapes, and differences in texture between materials. It wasn't translated well into 3DS graphics but this art is my favorite depiction of the fusion suit.
KlqIRKw.png

And then its ultimate form brings back the classic scheme while retaining the smooth and sleek organic look.

7tEj74H.jpg

Last edited:

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely one of my favorite suits. I especially love the Gravity Suit rendition Mercury Steam did.

edit: also if we're doing favorite suits; I made a handy dandy suit timeline you can pick from :)
Just got home.

I don't at the moment, but for now you can hit me up through PMs (if they work, I haven't used them yet in 2.0)

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo presents

A Hideo Kojima game

Metroid

Prime

4:

Other M

The baby will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018

Not gonna lie, her Other M suit is the slickest of the bunch. Just perfectly proportioned and modernized in all the right ways.

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
I like the concept of the Fusion suit, but I don't like the execution in the original promo art. Ends up just seemingly kind of lumpy and amorphous, I don't get much of a statement from the design.
The sprite work in-game hints at a design more interesting than the accompanying art, with an almost iridescent beetle shell shine of blues and greens that is not carried over into the closeups.

Though that aspect was eventually revisted in art for Samus Returns. I do really like the art for this redesign of it. Better silhouette, more confident shapes, and differences in texture between materials. It wasn't translated well into 3DS graphics but this art is my favorite depiction of the fusion suit.
KlqIRKw.png

And then its ultimate form brings back the classic scheme while retaining the smooth and sleek organic look.

7tEj74H.jpg
I played Samus Returns, but this is the first time I've seen that artwork. Those look really nice too.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
I like the concept of the Fusion suit, but I don't like the execution in the original promo art. Ends up just seemingly kind of flat and amorphous, I don't get much of a statement from the design.

Though that aspect was eventually revisited in art for Samus Returns. I do really like the art for this redesign of it. Better silhouette, more confident shapes, and differences in texture between materials. It wasn't translated well into 3DS graphics but this art is my favorite depiction of the fusion suit.
KlqIRKw.png

7tEj74H.jpg
The concept art is precisely how the fusion suit looks in Samus Returns. In Metroid Fusion you couldn't tell it was still metal, but you very much see all the intended design aspects of it in it's cameo in SR.
maxresdefault.jpg

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To me the Fusion suit should be biological, like a creepy bug-flesh suit Samus is almost merging with.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit we bout to see Metroid very soon! Shit I'm bout to pick up some chinese food for this!

I been waiting since the damn Wii U was announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.