• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easy fix, use gyro instead of the pointer.

I'd rather they re-design both games around traditional controls, rather than just change it to gyro. As it stands, I literally was unable to finish Mario Galaxy because of my disability and I remember the Spider boss in Galaxy 1 taking me 20-30 attempts to finish out of frustration because of this. I really liked the core gameplay when it didn't involve having to use a combination of Motion Controls and Controllers. But once it involves both, I literally cannot do it without serious trouble. That is a SERIOUS accessibility issue.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
If they had to leave out one, Galaxy 2 makes the most sense. It's newer than Galaxy, Sunshine, and 64, and it's a direct sequel to one of those games rather than a brand new concept.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
The pointer replacement with gyro controls wouldn't exactly work with Galaxy 2, since you also need it for Yoshi's tongue and those sections are really reaction based, and I doubt you'd have the same precision as with the Wiimote pointer. Collecting Star Bits is fine

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather they re-design both games around traditional controls, rather than just change it to gyro. As it stands, I literally was unable to finish Mario Galaxy because of my disability and I remember the Spider boss in Galaxy 1 taking me 20-30 attempts to finish out of frustration because of this. I really liked the core gameplay when it didn't involve having to use a combination of Motion Controls and Controllers. But once it involves both, I literally cannot do it without serious trouble. That is a SERIOUS accessibility issue.
It has to be playable in handheld mode so they are going to redo the controls.

Hopefully it is all done well. They were such perfect games on the Wii they deserve to go all out for these.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup you are right. The Switch is sold out everywhere right now, isn't it?

But BOTW is not 60fps on the Switch (even the newer version) iirc. Pretty sure it is 30fps and drops below 30fps (even in docked mode) a lot

Well yeah I meant a mix of the artstyles and framerates in different games. Not all games are 60fps obviously.

I played a ton of Zelda in docked mode and I rarely seen framerate drops outside of one very specific story sensitive area. It's a very solid 30fps 99% of the time. Same for LM3.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Galaxy 2 would be a much different game without the pointer. It was designed around the hardware and that's great, but it makes it hard to release on other systems I would think. I feel like Galaxy 1 won't be as fun without the pointer if it's not heavily modified

Don't they have both games running on the Shield in China? And that has no motion controls at all.

They probably just use the right analog stick as a replacement.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Yeah, if everything is included in a single package then it reduces the possibilities of actual remakes for both 64 an Sunshine and therefore, makes them worthless.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Sunshine is the only 3d Mario that I haven't replayed and have been planning on changing that for a while now. This is a damn good reason to.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My hate and love for Sunshine. I just dont know what to do with it take it to bed or throw it out of the window!
Well great news, gonna buy them all.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
If this doesn't have Galaxy 2 but includes that pile of shite Sunshine...

Also would be cool to have 3D Land included with 3D World.
Yeah, Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game. But this is Nintendo, they love to take stupid decisions even when taking smart ones.
Someone suggested another collection with Galaxy 2, 3D Land and 3D World and that would be my jam.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
What are the chances that 64 gets a full on new engine with hq graphics remake (like those unreal engine fan game videos) and not just a port with higher resolution?

1.5%?

The game deserves a remake. It's been long enough.

It's nice that they're bringing them all to switch...but as someone who has them on Wii, played them again on WiiU and then on PC...come on.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, I've said it in another thread, but I'd genuinely be gutted if they don't bring Galaxy 2 to the party. It's a really superb game.

I really want official news on this, because it could be brilliant - but, in typical Nintendo fashion, it might have some baffling shortcomings.

MrTommo2304

Apr 4, 2019
This is already bought. I don't even need to see it. The 3D Mario games are my favourite titles of all time, specifically those three in this collection. I would like Galaxy 2 in there, although I think Galaxy 1 is the more magical game. Galaxy 2 is objectively better (in most ways anyway, I thought the final boss was disappointing), but Galaxy 1 is where all my fondest memories lie.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Third paragraph: "Venturebeat reported that the three 3D Mario remasters would be offered in a collection, dubbed something like "Super Mario All-Stars 2". This is branding Eurogamer has heard of being used internally."

Edit: the paragraph below confirms which games they're referring to.
Oh OK, didn't saw they made on other article, I searched in the OP article...
Thanks.

If I understand correctly, we will be abled to play every single (not handled) Mario games, throught emulation or dedicated games, except :
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
I don't care about the first one, but the last one, why?

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Would you guys rather have remasters (in the same vein as the WiiU Zelda remasters) and no Galaxy 2 or straight ports (in 1080p) with Galaxy 2 included?

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
It's funny how Sunshine is the lowest rated for me out of all those 3d Marios yet it's the one I'm hankering most to buy ... Think it's the main plaza guitar music hypnotising me.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Nintendo will just package in SMG2 with Galaxy. It's the same engine and a lot of similar assets.

The poster games will be SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy but Galaxy 2's content will probably just be included in Galaxy 1. It was supposed to be an expansion at first after all.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know only mainline Mario games are getting ports/remasters, but I do wish the Paper Mario games would get remastered as well. TTYD on Dolphin with 4K texture packs shows that the game still holds up great:

screenshot22uxk08.png

screenshot16xdjg7.png
God. I want this. I need this.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Third paragraph: "Venturebeat reported that the three 3D Mario remasters would be offered in a collection, dubbed something like "Super Mario All-Stars 2". This is branding Eurogamer has heard of being used internally."

Edit: the paragraph below confirms which games they're referring to.

The Super Mario 3D All-Stars name is just begging to be used. It will look quite good next to Super Mario 3D World Deluxe. Please include 3D Land as part of the Deluxe package.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You could spray while running if it wasn't at full power, which was really useful at times.

Of course that could be solved by using another button for spraying while running.
aye, that can be fixed

also, according to this, Galaxy 2 may not be including. I swear to fucking god, Nintendo, if you skip the best Mario game ever, I'm going to write an intensely worded letter

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting:

1. Mario 64 on the eshop - $19.99 - A ROM of the original game running at a higher resolution, nothing more. People will constantly ask, "When can we expect more N64 games on the eshop?" There will be no consistent flow of N64 games on the eshop.

2. Mario Sunshine on the eshop - $39.99 - An ISO of the original game running at a higher resolution, probably on the same emulator that runs Wii games in HD on the Chinese Nvidia Shield. People will constantly ask, "When can we expect more GC games on the eshop?" There will be no consistent flow of GC games on the eshop.

3. Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2 on the eshop - $39.99 each - ISOs of the original games running at a higher resolution, identical to the Chinese Nvidia Shield version of Galaxy. People will constantly ask, "When can we expect more Wii games on the eshop?" There will be no consistent flow of Wii games on the eshop.

4. Mario 3D World Deluxe - Boxed retail release - $59.99 - 3D Land forgotten. Most of the marketing around Mario's 35th anniversary will be pushing this game. Could very well be Nintendo's big gun for this holiday season if Zelda isn't making the cut.
I hate that this sounds so Nintendo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was supposed to be revealed at E3. Someone suggested if this what Harker was referring to when he heard about another direct. It wouldn't have been this since Harker doesn't know Nintendo first party and he knows we already know about E3 directs

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
If they don't do a Galaxy collection remaster, this will end up being a really dumb move. I don't understand why not?

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
I'm expecting:

1. Mario 64 on the eshop - $19.99 - A ROM of the original game running at a higher resolution, nothing more. People will constantly ask, "When can we expect more N64 games on the eshop?" There will be no consistent flow of N64 games on the eshop.

2. Mario Sunshine on the eshop - $39.99 - An ISO of the original game running at a higher resolution, probably on the same emulator that runs Wii games in HD on the Chinese Nvidia Shield. People will constantly ask, "When can we expect more GC games on the eshop?" There will be no consistent flow of GC games on the eshop.

3. Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2 on the eshop - $39.99 each - ISOs of the original games running at a higher resolution, identical to the Chinese Nvidia Shield version of Galaxy. People will constantly ask, "When can we expect more Wii games on the eshop?" There will be no consistent flow of Wii games on the eshop.

4. Mario 3D World Deluxe - Boxed retail release - $59.99 - 3D Land forgotten. Most of the marketing around Mario's 35th anniversary will be pushing this game. Could very well be Nintendo's big gun for this holiday season if Zelda isn't making the cut.

Nah.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were ports in 1080p but they won't be close to those prices and will likely be in a collection or available individually for much cheaper on their own from the eshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.