• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
22135870264224_412.jpg

After the Epic Games Store database leak where this game was mentioned, physical versions for the game have appeared on multiple Taiwanese stores. Not much apart from that and a release date of October 5.

www.ruten.com.tw

任天堂 Switch NS 靈活腦學校 一起伸展大腦 中文版【預購12/3】 | 露天拍賣

你在找的任天堂 Switch NS 靈活腦學校 一起伸展大腦 中文版【預購12/3】就在露天拍賣,立即購買商品搶免運及優惠,還有許多相關商品提供瀏覽

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
As an Xbox fanboy, I'll say this is a mini disaster the way Microsoft let Remedy slip through their fingertips. But as an overall video game fan this is awesome. One of the best games ever and it's available on multiple consoles. Not an exclusive so more people get to enjoy it.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
As an Xbox fanboy, I'll say this is a mini disaster the way Microsoft let Remedy slip through their fingertips. But as an overall video game fan this is awesome. One of the best games ever and it's available on multiple consoles. Not an exclusive so more people get to enjoy it.

With the amount of studios they have, losing Remedy is not a big deal at the end of the day, it's not like they were producing certified bangers left and right.

aplkyaa5jil71.jpg

From another post in Reddit, apparently from Thailand
link to the post:

Self-published? Uh

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Gameplay is a bit repetitive but the story is amazing!

Hopefully a good remaster.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
This is very neat news. I've been wanting to replay it since it appeared on game pass but that version is just not worth it right now and my pc isn't getting gaming use anymore. Also is course the sequel is more and more near with this, exciting!

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Cool that PS folks will finally get a chance at this game. Metal Gear Solid 4 in trade? :)

A bad game in exchange for another one...

Seriously, Alan Wake has a cool story but the gameplay is so boring that I had to rush through the game. American Nightmare is so much better because of enemy variety, even if you loop through the same levels for 3 times.

deanna_beanna

Prophet of Truth
May 19, 2019
I believe its real but that box art is fake/placeholder as fuck. Laughing at the small "remastered" at top

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i really hope they redid all the cutscenes. the game itself would be fine by just being a remaster (higher res, better textures...the usual stuff). but those cutscenes....man.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'll maybe pick it up, if bundled with all DLC + American Nightmare.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I really wonder how this is gonna hold up.

Alan Wake was really evocative and cool when it came out, but I can already recall aspects of its writing that are just going to feel dated and hokey 11 years later.

Not to mention the awful human skin mask his wife seems to be wearing whenever she talks or tries to emote. And the dorky "jacket over your hoodie" look Microsoft execs were so fond of in that era...

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
My experiences as a gamer improved immensely once I let this side of me die away completely. It's just good vibes now ✌️(Aside from whenever one of these companies pull some BS lmao)
Cool that PS folks will finally get a chance at this game. Metal Gear Solid 4 in trade? :)
Lol I wish… I'll take it on any current console at this point, criminal that it's just stuck on PS3

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
It would be great to see this game remasteted for consoles. It still looks great, especially on PC. But it really just deserves to be carried forward in a nice way, since it is such an engrossing and memorable game.

I would love to see this game with RT. An Alan Wake 2 that takes a big page out of Control's lessons, has expanded and improved combat, and perhaps with supernatural powers could be really cool. It could look especially amazing on Unrealy 5 with RT (Remedy is the perfect studio to use UE5 imo).

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It would be great to see this game remasteted for consoles. It still looks great, especially on PC. But it really just deserves to be carried forward in a nice way, since it is such an engrossing and memorable game.

I would love to see this game with RT. An Alan Wake 2 that takes a big page out of Control's lessons, has expanded and improved combat, and perhaps with supernatural powers could be really cool. It could look especially amazing on Unrealy 5 with RT (Remedy is the perfect studio to use UE5 imo).

Remedy has their own engine NorthLight.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Been wanting to play this for a long time, already got it on PC but never got around to it. Maybe I'll do that now on PS5.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Remedy has their own engine NorthLight.

True, but with the new game Epic is publishing, do we expect them to continue using Northlight? It would make sense in a lot of ways, but UE5 is just such a huge leap, I'm kind of expecting them to use UE5 for that game. Especially since, as I mentioned, it would be such a perfect engine for them, since they tend to build thier games with tons of realistic looking assets (UE5's megascans implementation is pretty amazing).