• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Going by the FAQ, it seems like you have to register again if you already got in a previous alpha with the PC version but want to switch to one of the consoles.

Sources: Tony Huynh (Twitter), MultiVersus

Last edited:

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Time to sign up for XBox, I guess

Is rollback the reason on why there isn't a Switch version? Has this been addressed by the developer?

Also, I can't sign up to the Alpha, I just get sent to my account

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
How do I sign up? I went to the link and logged in, but it just brought me to my WB account page? I didn't see anything mentioning Multiversus or a Closed Alpha

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Just set up my account and added 2FA only to run into the same issue as others with signing up. Beta signup tab shows nothing either.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the FAQ, it seems like you have to register again if you already got in a previous alpha with the PC version.

Taken straight from their FAQ:

"Are players who participated in previous MultiVersus technical tests automatically provided access to the Closed Alpha?

Yes. Those who participated in recent MultiVersus tests on PC will automatically have access on PC. Users who want to change platforms to PlayStation or Xbox will need to re-register."

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

"Are players who participated in previous MultiVersus technical tests automatically provided access to the Closed Alpha?

Yes. Those who participated in recent MultiVersus tests on PC will automatically have access on PC. Users who want to change platforms to PlayStation or Xbox will need to re-register."
That's what I meant, but I'll edit the OP to be more clear.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017

Anybody know how to do this? I unregistered and then re-registered but it still didn't let me pick platform. Do I have to create an entirely new account?

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Okay here I go with my impressions(keep in mind that they might have changed something for the last alpha test)
1. You can edit the ui, changing where the percentage is located and even change the colour.
2. The game features talents, similar to RPGs, and you can choose up to 3 with different bonuses for your character. You unlock the talents by leveling up the character you play as.
3. There's a battlepass and seems pretty good, but I have no idea if it's gonna end up the same on release.
4. Characters move sets are very unique and different no matter if it's a normal, special or heavy attack.
5. The game is very floaty and it's really hard to kill anyone that is less than 100%
6. Tutorial is decent
7. You can try every character in the game in training mode without owning them. I think you can also que while in training mode, but I don't remember.
8. Movement is analog(which I find disappointing), but it feels okay with a keyboard.
9. The alpha client had issues with stuttering and fps drops. (I'm on 1600AF, RX 570 8gb, 16GB ram)
10. The game isn't balanced around 1vs1 and it's best if you play 2vs2.
11.Rollback is really good. Playing against people from different regions and I didn't have any issues.
12.The game is really pretty.
13. The skins I saw are pretty amazing.

These are things I can remember on top of my head. I would really like them to lower how floaty the game is and put more hitstun into the game. You basically can't kill anybody in a combo if they aren't above 100%. If they fix that, the game is gonna amazing.

Neoxon , can you check my list and tell me if you feel the same?

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopin I get in for this one. Was able to pre-register no problem but I didn't get to select a console and I haven't gotten an email.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Okay here I go with my impressions(keep in mind that they might have changed something for the last alpha test)
1. You can edit the ui, changing where the percentage is located and even change the colour.
2. The game features talents, similar to RPGs, and you can choose up to 3 with different bonuses for your character. You unlock the talents by leveling up the character you play as.
3. There's a battlepass and seems pretty good, but I have no idea if it's gonna end up the same on release.
4. Characters move sets are very unique and different no matter if it's a normal, special or heavy attack.
5. The game is very floaty and it's really hard to kill anyone that is less than 100%
6. Tutorial is decent
7. You can try every character in the game in training mode without owning them. I think you can also que while in training mode, but I don't remember.
8. Movement is analog(which I find disappointing), but it feels okay with a keyboard.
9. The alpha client had issues with stuttering and fps drops. (I'm on 1600AF, RX 570 8gb, 16GB ram)
11.Rollback is really good. Playing against people from different regions and I didn't have any issues.

These are things I can remember on top of my head. I would really like them to lower how floaty the game is and put more hitstun into the game. You basically can't kill anybody in a combo if they aren't above 100%. If they fix that the game is gonna amazing.

You pretty much covered everything, but there is one thing I wanted to point out. The input buffer as it was in the builds I played was weirdly strict, to the point where I had to specifically time directional attacks for them to come out properly without just doing the neutral version.

Also, there's is a lot of air mobility. I was able to do 2 jumps, 2 air dodges, & an up special. This may be contributing to the floatiness you mentioned. And yeah, there are no ledge grabs, standard grabs, or standard shields.

As for controls, that doesn't seem to be any analog input, hence why are you saw some of the players use a keyboard today.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
You pretty much covered everything, but there is one thing I wanted to point out. The input buffer as it was in the builds I played was weirdly strict, to the point where I had to specifically time directional attacks for them to come out properly without just doing the neutral version.

Also, there's is a lot of air mobility. I was able to do 2 jumps, 2 air dodges, & an up special. This may be contributing to the floatiness you mentioned. And yeah, there are no ledge grabs, standard grabs, or standard shields.

As for controls, that doesn't seem to be any analog input, hence why are you saw some of the players use a keyboard today.
Imo ground movement speed should be increased and fall speed should also be increased.
The thing about controls is that I felt much more in control with an analog stick, especially in the air. Honestly I might be off on that, but there were also complains on the steam forums about that.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
6. Tutorial is decent

These are things I can remember on top of my head. I would really like them to lower how floaty the game is and put more hitstun into the game. You basically can't kill anybody in a combo if they aren't above 100%. If they fix that, the game is gonna amazing.

I agree with all this though I didn't experience stuttering or fps drops that were noticeable to me.

Elgen98

Nov 9, 2021

You can actually do 2 jumps, 2 dodges and 2 specials in the air, they cover this in the tutorial.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
6. Tutorial is decent

I 100% agree with practically everything else on this list, I think they'll tune floatiness a little bit still though, was tuned down between test 1 and 2 for sure

I really enjoyed my time with the Alpha and am looking forward to trying it on console this time, also agree with Rollback being really good, I ended up with 150+ ping a lot of the time (I was playing on a vpn with bad internet connection, shhh)but never felt like lag was an issue.

I'm very excited for the full game to release, especially since it's crossplay/progression, plus with some of the characters that have been leaked.

If you go in expecting Smash, you'll be disappointed.

If you go in expecting something like Brawlhalla you'll be pleasantly surprised

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Awesome, only had the time to fit in a couple games during the last test. It's really promising.

Oct 28, 2017
For thems that played, how was the music?
I thought the music was good, most of it is based directly on the source material which is something more crossover games should do. For example, the Tree House stage has a orchestral version of "Come Along With Me" and the Batcave stage has a track based on Danny Elfman's Batman theme. There are also multiple tracks for stages because the Tree House stage also had a upbeat chiptune track that would play, I couldn't identify if it was a specific track from Adventure Time or something made for the game though.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Does Harley have different skins. If so which ones?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
6. Tutorial is decent

Good impressions, I noted in the other thread that the gameplay looked quite floaty so it definitely seems I wasn't bugging. Definitely would like to see them fine-tune the weight and hitstun

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I played the beta before and it was really good and super polished graphically and animated really well. Felt like they been working on this for awhile and as for Smash-likes, I think it's up there with Rivals of Aether/Slap City but just a bit floatier. With that said, it's very 2v2 focused and I remember the team up mechanics worked pretty well and allowed for some nice strategies since every character had a certain class(Attack, Defense, etc). There are some specials that helps your teammate out with either buffs, mobility, etc. Example: Bugs can dig a hole to teleport through a floor on the ground and you can use it as well.

Some impressions from me but it's been awhile so my memory is a bit foggy.

There are 4 slots for character customization IIRC: 1 for a different/extra property for 1 of the character's special moves and 3 slots where you can buff your/team's movement, damage, etc. If your teammate has the same buffs, it stacks up that certain buff with theirs which makes it better. Example: Like a 5% buff in air attacks up to like 8% or something like that.

There's a sort of battle pass that lets you unlock random stuff from ring out KO animations, icons, themes, skins/costumes, etc.

Battles are the best of 2 outta 3.

Rollback was really good overall but me and my team did find some people with bad connection which caused them to warp around here and there. We missed out on some kills because of that.

There's a ton of skins IIRC....like 4-5 each character? IIRC, they even had different voices which was cool(I remember there was a Superman Bizarro skin that voice changed). I think you get them from just leveling up your character/ and each character needs to be leveled up by just playing them.

I only played Tom and Jerry(they acted sorta like a duo but you mostly played Tom) while my friend mained Bugs. Both were set up type characters IIRC. Tom could shoot Jerry with a slingshot in a arc and once he lands, you can hit tennis balls back and forth to him where the ball becomes faster every time you hit it(does more damage also). If you shoot Jerry to your teammate, he stays with them and gives them some sort of buff(iunno what kind though).

There were a TON of Shaggy/Superman/Harley Quinn online players....like most of them were those 3 lol. Shaggy was basically like Goku, he could charge up and use "Ultra Instinct" where he could have super armor through his hits and other buffs. I lost to so many of them because of the super armor....sucked. Superman got a pretty cheap special where he would grab you, bring you to the edge of the screen with a punch for an easy kill, even at low percentage IIRC. Velma dropped in the 2nd beta and I remember her having some crazy shit from what I played against.

Those are some impressions on it even though I forgot a ton of details. Definitely try it if you like Smash-likes though and bring a friend to play with!

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I hope I get in this time! Couldn't find a way to pick platforms, but maybe they'll have that option closer to the 19th.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
It's not mentioned anywhere in the thread, but the alpha testing is gonna be from the 19th until the 27th of May. We'll have less than 10 days to test the alpha.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I did not get in. My friend did.

Edit: under My Betas, i see the game on the site. Even though i got no mail? Do you all see this

Last edited: