• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This site tracks Multiversus stats:

On the front page you can see the site is now tracking a total of 10,130,511 unique accounts. (Side point, it's an awesome resource if you're into the game and want more detailed stats).

Simply incredible. The game hasn't even been in open beta for two full weeks. Massive congrats to the team, and very much deserved. Coming off of a fantastic Evo showing too. Come join the fun if you haven't already.

artworks-000526405464-hjgfzn-t500x500.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Goddamn, this game is a hit. Can't wait to get back to it as soon as I finish Xenoblade 3.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bout time we got a non smash platform fighter with the potential to be as popular as Smash.

I know Brawhalla exists but this seems like it could be a bigger deal.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Totally deserved. The game is so great, and it hasn't even gotten to Season 1 yet.

Jul 22, 2022
If they provide the continous support and put it on mobile/Switch, it will even eat some Smash lunch and on PC/home console side there are no such games at all. With WB roster they can a lot lot of characters there.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Well deserved. Definitely enjoying my time with it enough to consider buying one of the founder's packs

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they provide the continous support and put it on mobile/Switch, it will even eat some Smash lunch and on PC/home console side there are no such games at all. With WB roster they can a lot lot of characters there.
PC/home consoles have had Brawlhalla for years now on all platforms so there's definitely been high profile options before MultiVersus. MV will likely still do better because of the IP brand power though which has already put in work.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Y'know I was debating if this was worth the thread given it's an external site but yeah it's great shit.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
It has a way better line up than Nickelodeon All Star Brawl, which for some reason went with a bunch of side characters.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried it out and it wasn't really for me, but happy for the dev team nonetheless. People were pretty cynical about this game on leak/announcement so its cool to see that it overturned the negative perception and found a big audience.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
This site tracks Multiversus stats:

On the front page you can see the site is now tracking a total of 10,130,511 unique accounts. (Side point, it's an awesome resource if you're into the game and want more detailed stats).

Simply incredible. The game hasn't even been in open beta for two full weeks. Massive congrats to the team, and very much deserved. Coming off of a fantastic Evo showing too. Come join the fun if you haven't already.

artworks-000526405464-hjgfzn-t500x500.jpg
I can't get over shaggy going Super Saiyan.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
As it turns out, you probably should make your fighting game F2P.

Or really any pure multiplayer game.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I'm giving them ideas, maybe it's only matter of time with Multiversus movie by WBD...

🤷

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Game is great. Once I get more Adult Swim characters in there it'll be perfect, give me Carl from ATHF, Space Ghost and Brack, Harvey Birdman.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
As it turns out, you probably should make your fighting game F2P.

Or really any pure multiplayer game.
I actually think this is only really true of platform fighters with a recognisable cast. A lot of the pro crowd will probably be interested in the tiers, but I am willing to bet far more casual players saw a character they like from elsewhere, unlocked sit and are sticking with it so the F2P mechanics don't seem all that bad.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
For real, only heard a friend mention it once to say how unappealing it looked lol
Before Multiversus, Brawlhalla had more players than all other FGs combined on Steam with obscure characters, and that was before the WWE skins. It must have some appeal.

Problem is many people are swallow. If the game doesn't play like games they know it's automatically bad, if it's not a graphical powerhouse it's ugly as fuck, if it's not big legacy franchise why bother.

When you add to that that Reddit Fighters don't allow Platform fighters threads and Eventhubs barely mentions it, no wonder many never hear of this game who managed to gather an impressive community.

Anyway, good for Multiversus, F2P and WB franchise appeal make that people can see that you can do different from Smash gameplay wise and be good.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Why is the roster so bad? WB has so many great characters and somehow they ended up with that line up. Hell, a full looney toons roster would have been better than what's there.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
When you add to that that Reddit Fighters don't allow Platform fighters threads and Eventhubs barely mentions it, no wonder many never hear of this game who managed to gather an impressive community.

Do they allow arena fighters? 3d fighters? Wrestling games? what's the qualifier? Seems like the Simpsons No Homers club.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. I also played it for a little while, but I didn't really like the feel of it. Too bad. I really wanted to like it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Before Multiversus, Brawlhalla had more players than all other FGs combined on Steam with obscure characters, and that was before the WWE skins. It must have some appeal.

Problem is many people are swallow. If the game doesn't play like games they know it's automatically bad, if it's not a graphical powerhouse it's ugly as fuck, if it's not big legacy franchise why bother.

Anyway, good for Multiversus, F2P and WB franchise appeal make that people can see that you can do different from Smash gameplay wise and be good.
Yeah, despite the game having recorded 80 million players and still registering 15k-ish players on Steam per day, I don't blame a lot of people in dedicated circles for not being aware of the game. It's not exactly a "cool" game for people to talk about for the reasons you point out, even if it's more or less the type of game that already validated many beliefs about F2P fighters before MultiVersus. The game has even had official tournament support. It's more or less in that realm where MultiVersus is making its mark, albeit at a much faster rate (weaker IPs aside, Brawlhalla didn't get immensely popular until Ubisoft bought it up).

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the roster so bad? WB has so many great characters and somehow they ended up with that line up. Hell, a full looney toons roster would have been better than what's there.
I think they want to keep dripping us with a lot of interesting and known characters to keep people engaged. Makes sense.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019

What do you mean?

The starting roster is incredibly diverse and mechanically interesting. In fact that's the thing that has impressed me the most and makes me most excited about the future of the game - the roster is wildly varied and interesting even with so few fighters.

If you compare how iron giant to Velma to Tom and Jerry to Arya play I don't see how anyone can argue the roster is "bad". That's some crazy interesting diversity.

They've done a fantastic job at diversifying each fighter and making them unique.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Good for them. I also played it for a little while, but I didn't really like the feel of it. Too bad. I really wanted to like it.
Right, it feels so wonky. Im getting used to it, but Smash feels 10x better even with the input delay.

Ill keep at it for a few more weeks.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

I think you're showing your age with this comment, the roster is pretty amazing, if only just by how weird it is.

I'm shocked that I'm not only 1 of them, but also addicted. This usually isn't my type of game.
Sounds like it is your type of game.