• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/orochi3/

No platforms announced. This is called Orochi 3 in Japan btw (same thing with Dynasty Warriors). It's coming out this year.

Apparently a guy in Korean forum who went to the event says the game will be based on DW7 (8 in Rotw) and SW4.

DYfIMwxVwAEw2gc.jpg

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9076034.html

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Enjoyed the one on wiiu, would ove to have that level of characters and content on switch, but I guess we'll find out when the announcement drops

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed the one on wiiu, would ove to have that level of characters and content on switch, but I guess we'll find out when the announcement drops
I was going to buy the localized Switch version (if it ever releases in the West, that is) despite putting 200 hours into the Wii U one, I think I'm better waiting for 4 now.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently a guy in Korean forum who went to the event says the game will be based on DW7 (8 in Rotw) and SW4.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Feels like this is the only way to go if they want some sales after the terribly disappointing DW9...

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Good shit. I really liked Orochi 3, but as an early adopter, I felt burned that it kept getting released with new content and lower price. Will definitely wait a few years for a complete edition.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god oh god oh god

I legit squealed out loud when I saw the thread title

I cannot wait. I need this asap

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Good shit, my favourite Warriors series.

I assumed they replaced Orochi with All Stars.

OhNoMelon

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't the biggest fan of Orochi 3 if I'm honest, buuuuut... I'm still excited for this if they're going back to DW8 style.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
The combat being based on 8 isn't a surprise but I hope the newcomers from 9 aren't missing out.

I also hope the Mystic/Orochi unique characters are getting revamped

Oct 26, 2017
A combination of DW8 and SW4??

OK, I'm down for this. I wonder if any of DW9's new characters will make it. If so, it would be an interesting look at DW's possible future....

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Awesome, I never thought this would happen between Warriors All-Stars and DW9. Should be a nice swan-song for DW8's combat (and zero clones).

I wonder how they're going to approach this. I'm guessing not all of the guest characters will return. If they bring back the WO1 and 2 originals, hopefully they get buffed up a bit to be more in-line with the originals from 3 and current DW/SW roster. Since there's a bit of unique weapon overflow from DW8, maybe they can use some of the leftovers for new folks.

Ah, I can't wait to know more.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hunh Greek temples?
Also if it does come to switch, we need Takamaru back as a system exclusive

Rymuth

Oct 26, 2017
This is fantastic news. The Orochi games have campaigns that are entertaining as hell.

Aranea

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Hopefully it's structured like old the Warriors game and not open world like DW9

Hoping they give back the DW8 weapons of the ones changed in DW9

But holy shit

Can finally play as Takatora/Takakage/Kojuro/Hayakawa/Naotora/Li Dian/Lu Lingqi in an Orochi game

Man,they better not mess this up

Edit - Just read this

Apparently a guy in Korean forum who went to the event says the game will be base

Maximum hype

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Maybe they're expanding the SoulCalibur crossover from 3. Sophitia had that Greek shrine zone blended into one of the DW levels. Honestly, it'd be pretty awesome to have a big chunk of the SC cast in an Orochi game.

Almost certainly not the case though.
Well, if we do get a switch version, what if we got a few exclusive characters from the Nintendo spinoffs? Now that'd be sick

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
They reused the menu music from 3 in that trailer

I am perfectly okay with this

I wonder if those Greek temples mean a focus on the Greek pantheon instead. That could be interesting, I also have to wonder what that would mean for Achilles if that is the case

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap! At first glance I thought it was an announcement that Musou Orochi 2 (yeah, I know, the numbering still messes me up after all these years) on Switch was finally announced for release in the west.
This is even better! :D

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused, hasn't warriors Orochi 3 been out for a while now? Or is this like Dynasty Warriors where the US numbering is fucked up?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the numbers are off by one again. I believe in Japan the first two orochi games were just subtitled so that's where the off by one error occurs. This is Warriors Orochi 4 in the West. Probably should change the thread title because it is confusing. I think it is Musou Orochi 3 for Japan and Warriors Orochi 4 for the West.

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
Probably PS4/Xbone/Switch

even with KT's recent PC support, very doubtful they put it on Steam since none of the older WO games are on there, feelsbadman

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! OH MY GOD THE KING OF MUSOU TITLES RETURNS! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!