• We have completed a significant site update. Come see what's new!
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Music Lovers of Era - What Are You Listening to? Share it and discuss. Let's put each other onto music.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Unfortunately 2018 wasn't an especially great musical year for me. There was a lot of stuff that came out that would have been right up my alley, but I ended up not really buying any albums. I should really look through the 2018 releases again some time. I have pretty much just been listing to a bunch of stuff from 2017, especially that year's Billy Woods album "Known Unknowns" is still very present in my daily song rotations. Here's the first song on the album:

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Heard this yesterday and I’m hooked. This’ll be on my housework playlist.

Jan 27, 2019
Been into Ninja Sex Party a lot after learning about then through a friend, most of their songs, but this song here ks where they really broke through to that next level with a more serious piece.

Last edited:

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Just finishing up the newest album by And the Kids, actually the first of theirs I've listened to. Really great stuff.

Praised by NPR for "striking vocals [that] rival the vibrato and boldness of Siouxsie Sioux...and music that's both fearless and entertaining," And The Kids return with a bold continuation of their chunky indie rock meets blissful new wave sound

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Delicate Steve randomly came up on my Spotify Discovery queue, and I kind of like the music. Always up for some good electirc guitar, and I appreciate how varied his stuff feels.

Aberdeen was recently featured on Adam Neely's youtube channel (which is one of the best music related channels on youtube IMO), and i instantly fell in love with their music. Too bad it's just one album for now.

And Derek Brown with his Saxophone Beatboxing. Not even generally a fan of this sort of thing, but saxophones instantly make everything a thousand times better. And I'm a fan of creative ways of playing music.

Freezeezy

The Fallen
Feb 23, 2018
Not just good funk, GREAT FUNK.

This track is what happens when the king of rock loves hiphop.

Jiminy

Avenger
Mar 29, 2018
Nice thread, look forward to digging into some of this stuff over the weekend

I don't listen to '80s or synth pop stuff much nowadays, but Belarusian four-piece Molchat Doma are fucking masters of the craft

Can't get enough of this album

flook

Oct 28, 2017
I heard this track the other day and its been on constant repeat in my brain since: