• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm always searching for new music, artists, and acts to listen to. Right now I'm going through my personal faves. But what are you listening to ERA?

This thread is for music lovers that want to discuss, share, and post what they are listening to. I'm big on indie, but love all genres.

Some loose tracks from my favorite and classic albums:

Some newer favorites:

So what are you listening to ERA?

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

SHREZZERS just dropped one hell of an album last Friday. Super group from Russia. It slaps so damn hard. That saxophone is so refreshing to hear.

Also been listening to a lot of random bands lately, but SHREZZERS has been on repeat a lot.

Gomography

Alt-account.
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Recently discovered this group and am really enjoying their music.
I guess you've already found miss kittin? Moloko is not really the same category but "pure pleasure seeker" and "if you have a cross to bear" from "things to make and do" might be to your liking.
Le Muhr is a swedish punk band that turned kind of Ladytron, especially the songs written by the bass player. Defunct since a while though.

Late Kent stuff, another swedish pop rock band that wanted to become depeche mode is another option.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Heard this on the radio the other day and I've been playing it a lot, woman fronted indie power poppy sound

On the complete opposite side of the spectrum we have Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, stoner metal from last year. Give the first track and A66 a shot.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I guess you've already found miss kittin? Moloko is not really the same category but "pure pleasure seeker" and "if you have a cross to bear" from "things to make and do" might be to your liking.
Le Muhr is a swedish punk band that turned kind of Ladytron, especially the songs written by the bass player. Defunct since a while though.

Late Kent stuff, another swedish pop rock band that wanted to become depeche mode is another option.
Ooh thanks, I haven't heard any of those actually.
Will check them out.

Gomography

Alt-account.
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Ooh thanks, I haven't heard any of those actually.
Will check them out.
Should probably mention that Roisin Murphy from Moloko has made some freaky synth of her own, the song "ramalama" is just... nuts. Crystal Castles is nice as well but the guy running the show annoys me.

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
One of my favorites bands of recent years

I'm still obsessed with Haru Nemuri

and this song is so good

Oct 28, 2017
Guananjuato, Mexico.
I'm a big music nerd in general i really mean it, but my personal favorite Is 70's prog rock actually 60's and 70's music in general.

Iv'been digging Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West and The Microphones - The Glow PT 2 a lot, pretty depressive albums both 10/10.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
I've spent my life listening to soul & funk and these are what I'm cranking at the mo. Massive tunes.

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I'm a big music nerd in general i really mean it, but my personal favorite Is 70's prog rock actually 60's and 70's music in general.

Iv'been digging Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West and The Microphones - The Glow PT 2 a lot, pretty depressive albums both 10/10.
Fuck yeah. The Glow Pt 2 is a masterpiece, but I don't always have the emotional energy to listen to it.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
I'm a huge classic rock fan myself with my favourite years of music ranging from '65-'79 but I also really dig heavy metal, 90's grunge, some nu metal (mostly Linkin Park) and of course 80's/90's hip hop. But at the end of the day as a guitarist I generally flock to something with sick guitar licks and solos.

I've been obsessed with Kiss for the last few months but have recently taken a break to check out Motley Crue and hot damn I love their energy and heavy guitar riffs, though they have some really great power ballads as well. I'll provide a couple examples below going from heavy to ballad:

OP
OP

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Lots of great posts. Lots of acts I haven't heard of.

I like to hit Bandcamp and just pick an album from best-selling and give it a go.

Aso, if you aren't using Bandcamp, definitely do. It's got a lot of gems.

There's so much that it can be overwhelming but it's great.

grang

Nov 13, 2017

SHREZZERS just dropped one hell of an album last Friday. Super group from Russia. It slaps so damn hard. That saxophone is so refreshing to hear.

Also been listening to a lot of random bands lately, but SHREZZERS has been on repeat a lot.

I'm not as much into the metalcore sound anymore, but it's well done for what it is--that being said, I am still listening because damn those sax parts are great. Great combo of sounds.

Oct 27, 2017
Gouge Away. Post-Hardcore or whatever you want to call it. This track in particular has a slower tempo and an almost grunge sound, but with a wicked female vocalist. This stomps.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
JAY-Z's Puffin Blunts Freestyle off the S.Carter Mixtape.

It's 2003 Jay-Z over a dope ass vintage 1994 Dr. Dre beat.

This shit made me want to throw my school application out the window and sell drugs.

OP
OP

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Off one of my favorite albums ever. Sounds like freedom.

Picture myself on a motorcycle driving away to this -

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not as much into the metalcore sound anymore, but it's well done for what it is--that being said, I am still listening because damn those sax parts are great. Great combo of sounds.
Glad you like it!!!! I don't like a lot of metalcore but this is really good stuff. Love Mystery, Mavericks and Relationships the most.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My goto new album for the past 2 weeks has been Jolin Tsai's Ugly Beauty. She's a Taiwanese singer so she sings mostly in Chinese. I don't know if Spotify has regionl restrictions since I don't use it. Still buying CDs and MP3s.

Here is a music video from her latest album.

There is an English sub for this video.

Last edited:

yepyepyep

Oct 25, 2017
Off one of my favorite albums ever. Sounds like freedom.

Picture myself on a motorcycle driving away to this -

Good boy.

I've been listening to Blue Monday a lot and heard Sylvester was one of the inspirations for the track. Never heard of Sylvester before (disco is a big blank spot for me) but this track is sick. Also the dolly tracking shot in the video at 1:18 lmao .

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not living and breathing pop culture like I was in my 20's, so I rarely find "new" music anymore.

But lately I got into Baroness

And I've been into Steven Wilson a lot

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
I recently got into My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult. The album I'm currently listening to is some weird disco-lounge-industrial hybrid and it's great.

OP
OP

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Good boy.

I've been listening to Blue Monday a lot and heard Sylvester was one of the inspirations for the track. Never heard of Sylvester before (disco is a big blank spot for me) but this track is sick. Also the dolly tracking shot in the video at 1:18 lmao .

Need to listen to this, then. That's pretty great. Yeah, I just adore Loveless in general, but What You Want does something to me.

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
Been on an Ayreon kick lately, So many great artists collaborating on these songs. Maybe not for everyone though

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I bought 2 cds this week (yes I do this still)
Rise Against - Appeal To Reason and The Black Market

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Wicked new jazz-funk track from Incognito with a killer bassline. Sounds sublime cranked over a good system.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
I've been listening endlessly to Monomania by Deerhunter, an album I didn't give nearly enough respect when it came out. It's full of great garage rock and jangle pop but the hazy production and prime-era Morissey degree of angst takes it to another level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9MsFaFrrps (YT: Deerhunter - Back To the Middle (Official Video)) (YT: Deerhunter - Back To the Middle (Official Video))
embed.svg

embed.svg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQnIfdKgFMk (YT: Deerhunter - T.H.M.) (YT: Deerhunter - T.H.M.)
embed.svg

embed.svg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UpvbSFeGe0 (YT: Deerhunter - The Missing) (YT: Deerhunter - The Missing)
embed.svg

embed.svg

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I recently got into Steve Roden.

I don't know whether this is beautiful, creepy, or both, but I can't get enough of it.

I'm also enjoying this bit of ear worm: