• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
this record was reissued last year

yAK3lWi.jpg

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Unfortunately 2018 wasn't an especially great musical year for me. There was a lot of stuff that came out that would have been right up my alley, but I ended up not really buying any albums. I should really look through the 2018 releases again some time. I have pretty much just been listing to a bunch of stuff from 2017, especially that year's Billy Woods album "Known Unknowns" is still very present in my daily song rotations. Here's the first song on the album:

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Been into Ninja Sex Party a lot after learning about then through a friend, most of their songs, but this song here ks where they really broke through to that next level with a more serious piece.

Last edited:

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Just finishing up the newest album by And the Kids, actually the first of theirs I've listened to. Really great stuff.

Praised by NPR for "striking vocals [that] rival the vibrato and boldness of Siouxsie Sioux...and music that's both fearless and entertaining," And The Kids return with a bold continuation of their chunky indie rock meets blissful new wave sound

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Delicate Steve randomly came up on my Spotify Discovery queue, and I kind of like the music. Always up for some good electirc guitar, and I appreciate how varied his stuff feels.

Aberdeen was recently featured on Adam Neely's youtube channel (which is one of the best music related channels on youtube IMO), and i instantly fell in love with their music. Too bad it's just one album for now.

And Derek Brown with his Saxophone Beatboxing. Not even generally a fan of this sort of thing, but saxophones instantly make everything a thousand times better. And I'm a fan of creative ways of playing music.

Freezeezy

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
Not just good funk, GREAT FUNK.

This track is what happens when the king of rock loves hiphop.

Mar 29, 2018
Nice thread, look forward to digging into some of this stuff over the weekend

I don't listen to '80s or synth pop stuff much nowadays, but Belarusian four-piece Molchat Doma are fucking masters of the craft

Can't get enough of this album

flook

Oct 28, 2017
I heard this track the other day and its been on constant repeat in my brain since:

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Is this the most Recent 'What Are You Listening To'? I swear I can't use Era Search Function well. Anyway, after a thread on Slayyyter wherein I found Dorian Electra and having had Flamboyant play on Spotify which transitioned into an Endless Album Radio I heard this. Was stuck in my head and I found it right now. So I'm listening to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H11-QZeBR9c

Point me to more recent OT if I fucked up.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Is this the most Recent 'What Are You Listening To'? I swear I can't use Era Search Function well. Anyway, after a thread on Slayyyter wherein I found Dorian Electra and having had Flamboyant play on Spotify which transitioned into an Endless Album Radio I heard this. Was stuck in my head and I found it right now. So I'm listening to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H11-QZeBR9c

Point me to more recent OT if I fucked up.

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome rock band out of El Salvador called Ran42k.

The name of the band was the idea of the drummer, it stands for Righteous among nation's. His grandfather was a war hero in ww2, saved over 40,000 Jews. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Castellanos_Contreras

youtu.be

On the Corner

Provided to YouTube by DistroKidOn the Corner · Ran42k5 Minutes Before the End of the World℗ 1551265 Records DKReleased on: 2019-10-31Auto-generated by YouTube.
They are already in Google music and spotify.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Don't feel like posting a bunch of videos and what not, but I've been on a huge Death kick lately. I always knew they kind of started the death metal scene, and that they were a great band, (if not technically death metal, ironically), but I never really gave them the attention they deserved. Turns out they're one of the best goddamn bands of all time, and each of their albums were outstanding metal productions, with their final two albums, Symbolic and the Sound of Perseverance, being utter masterclass works of metal. I know this board doesn't have a lot of fans of metal in general, but if you've ever appreciated death, doom, or thrash metal on any level, give those albums a shot at least, and just listen to the pristine production quality. Rest in peace Chuck.