• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
mUebpmP.png

Welcome to the official musician and production thread for the Reset ERA forum

Hey guys, it's a new ERA so let's have a new place to get together and collaborate, give tips, and critique each other's work! Open to all music producers, composers, and songwriters whom are actively encouraged to post their creative works, give advice and where possible, and creative criticism if needed. Most of all this thread is here to support and encourage creativity in others.

If you're not musically inclined, you're still more than welcome to post and we're here to help if you require support in starting out, if you have ideas or just want to sensibly share in the discussion on the music being posted.

Enjoy where creative minds take us everyone!

---
aNYlN7C.jpg

Rules About Sharing Music

Everyone is encouraged to share their work for any reason other than marketing or promotional purposes. If you make money as a musician, that's totally fine, just don't post links that would require posters to pay to experience whatever you are sharing. If you can stream the content of the link unlimited times for free, then it is okay to post.
For example, Soundcloud, YouTube, and Bandcamp* are okay, because the music you are sharing can be experienced, in full, for free by the listener unlimited times. iTunes or Spotify links, however, are not okay.

* - Bandcamp is allowed as long as it is not pay-walled. If you can stream the entire project for free unlimited times, it is okay.

For personal websites or EPKs, you can only share them if it is a direct link to the work being shared AND there is nothing for sale on the same page within that link. For example, to share your personal website, it has to be a link directly to whichever page has the music being shared on it, which also has to fall under the same rules of non-paywall as referenced above. If you want to share your website or merch. for critique we ask that you do so in an appropriate thread on the forum.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding these rules or anything to share that might conflict with these rules and you are unsure, feel free to PM me.

---

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kyzer

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing guitar and singing around 13, got into rap around 19, at 24 started learning to mix and master, and just recently started to get the hang of basic production. I don't think I will ever not still be in a learning phase with music...

Here's a pic of my home studio! (Not pictured are my vocal booth and ovation )

pLddvxs.jpg

I call it the "studis" because it's also my home office lol....Next step is to build some acoustic panels and it'll be done! Feel like my whole life led to building this studio, if 13 year old me knew about this he would die of happiness.

I use Studio One 3 and Reaper, for those curious.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kyzer

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for making this thread.

Any musicians who want an invite to the music production discord, please let me know.

PM'd
Ah you made this while I was doing mine. First to the punch. :)

Yeah, could I get an invite for that please Kree.

Huehuehue...

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes by making the thread, I was just already lamenting the loss of the community as I looked at all the ones I joined over the years and didn't see this one!

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
Hello! I'm a composer/producer. I write cinematic music in lots of genres for TV shows and movie trailers. I also score the occasional indie game or short film when I find those gigs.

I'd also love to get a link to the discord. Didn't know that was a thing!

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
By hobbyist, I meant I'm not doing it for the money. Also, I am in a band and I don't produce music using bedroom software, I am no Trent Reznor. Am I still welcome here?

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Aww man, I posted in the other thread. Anyways, Hi guys!

Whichever thread is the right one, hi guys lol
Yeah this is the right one... I was a tad late. needs a merger. :)

By hobbyist, I meant I'm not doing it for the money. Also, I am in a band and I don't produce music using bedroom software, I am no Trent Reznor. Am I still welcome here?

Of course you are welcome, has your band recorded an ep of sorts at all anyway?

Miscend

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for making this topic. I make beats as a hobby. It will be nice to share tips and tricks and discuss.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Jellycrackers and Chris Metal!

Actually, when I said hobbyist, I really meant it. We are so new, I don't even know how to properly play the guitar and yet I am the one wielding the guitar. I just want to air my grievance that finding a song I want to play that my other band members want to play is so hard.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Thanks Jellycrackers and Chris Metal!

Actually, when I said hobbyist, I really meant it. We are so new, I don't even know how to properly play the guitar and yet I am the one wielding the guitar. I just want to air my grievance that finding a song I want to play that my other band members want to play is so hard.

No problem, well if it's of any use, I taught guitar for several years so if you need advice on something I'm happy to help there.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No problem, well if it's of any use, I taught guitar for several years so if you need advice on something I'm happy to help there.
Thanks, I was told that I need to practice my strumming more. I just want to ask right now, will music theory help me make a better player? Is it worth it to find an instructor? I've owned a guitar for years now, self-taught, and I feel like I haven't improved much.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Imma repost what I posted on the other thread earlier.

It's awesome to see that there's an official thread for musicians and producers. I produce beats as a hobby and looking forward to go full time someday.

Here's one of my favorite produce:
https://youtu.be/iUAK2-m6xdk

And here's a work in progress. I tried guitar strumming in Flstudio for the first time: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4LZQDUQW87eNElDUXBQc3JMdVk/view?usp=sharing.

You can always check out my youtube page for my other stuff: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCiWC2_yyoGcql81KbxUae1w

Any criticism is appreciated!

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Thanks, I was told that I need to practice my strumming more. I just want to ask right now, will music theory help me make a better player? Is it worth it to find an instructor? I've owned a guitar for years now, self-taught, and I feel like I haven't improved much.

Music theory will make you a better player yes, in terms of knowing what chords might make up a song. But it's also important to learn good technique. For things like strumming an instructor can help with certain things where you maybe going wrong. practice with a metronome strumming patterns and different counting rhythms.

Music theory you can read and learn from book study though. Things like key signatures, scales, what chords/scales/notes fit in those keys, if you have trouble understanding there is plenty of reference material on youtube. For example:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?an...v&list=PL304EB49D9E565799&src_vid=njCnB5qDkiw

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Music theory will make you a better player yes, in terms of knowing what chords might make up a song. But it's also important to learn good technique. For things like strumming an instructor can help with certain things where you maybe going wrong. practice with a metronome strumming patterns and different counting rhythms.

Music theory you can read and learn from book study though. Things like key signatures, scales, what chords/scales/notes fit in those keys, if you have trouble understanding there is plenty of reference material on youtube.
My ultimate goal is to be able to sing and play acoustic songs because an acoustic guitar would still work without any accompaniment(electricity, other band members) and it would still sound like a complete piece. Also, most of the songs I like don't have tabs so I need to figure out how to play them, and if music theory will help out on that, I think I should get on it as soon as I can. I cannot tell you how much I love music. Thanks for the advice!

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
My ultimate goal is to be able to sing and play acoustic songs because an acoustic guitar would still work without any accompaniment(electricity, other band members) and it would still sound like a complete piece. Also, most of the songs I like don't have tabs so I need to figure out how to play them, and if music theory will help out on that, I think I should get on it as soon as I can. I cannot tell you how much I love music. Thanks for the advice!
Music theory will help you learn the structure of chords/scales and also the structure of songs so learning these fundamentals will only benefit you in making/learning tracks.

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Hey guys! Glad to see a musician's thread up, will definitely be subbing. I have an extensive background in music playing piano from a really young age, I've been producing for a little over 6 years now, and I play a bit of guitar for recordings. Looking forward to chatting more!

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys! Glad to see a musician's thread up, will definitely be subbing. I have an extensive background in music playing piano from a really young age, I've been producing for a little over 6 years now, and I play a bit of guitar for recordings. Looking forward to chatting more!
Gotta post some of your works man!

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Gotta post some of your works man!
Will DM

100% yes. Good music theory is a good foundation to have for all aspects of music, which will help in guitar and future endeavors.

BlueBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys :) Good to finally be in Reset.

Thanks for your help, Discord buddies!

I've been a singer/vocalist for about 10 years now, specializing in pop and jazz music, for the most part, but pretty versatile. I've released an independent EP back in 2015 and am currently songwriting and recording with one of the old members of SoulDecision for a 2018 release, hopefully. I really love lending my voice to projects and collaborating, so if you guys are at all interested, gimme a shout! I would post links to demos/vocals etc, but I'm not 100% sure if that's allowed? Any clarification? :)

Stoked to be in here again!! :D

OP
OP
Kyzer

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys :) Good to finally be in Reset.

Thanks for your help, Discord buddies!

I've been a singer/vocalist for about 10 years now, specializing in pop and jazz music, for the most part, but pretty versatile. I've released an independent EP back in 2015 and am currently songwriting and recording with one of the old members of SoulDecision for a 2018 release, hopefully. I really love lending my voice to projects and collaborating, so if you guys are at all interested, gimme a shout! I would post links to demos/vocals etc, but I'm not 100% sure if that's allowed? Any clarification? :)

Stoked to be in here again!! :D

Should be fine as long as you're not marketing it for money or promo, we're happy to check each other's work out for tips, critique, or even just to share!

culexknight

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing guitar and singing around 13, got into rap around 19, at 24 started learning to mix and master, and just recently started to get the hang of basic production. I don't think I will not still be in a learning phase with music...

Here's a pic of my home studio! (Not pictured are my vocal booth and ovation )

I call it the "studis" because it's also my home office lol....Next step is to build some acoustic panels and it'll be done! Feel like my whole life led to building this studio, if 13 year old me knew about this he would die of happiness.

I use Studio One 3 and Reaper, for those curious.

Digging the Coheed desktop! :]

Thanks for making this thread.

Any musicians who want an invite to the music production discord, please let me know.

The Kree Could I get one, please?

Outdoor Miner

Oct 26, 2017
Broward County FL, USA
Sup guys. Definitely subbing to this and if I could get an invite link to the Discord as well that would be super!

I'm just a guy that likes noodling around with synths. Right now I'm mainly in the software domain. 'Bout to upgrade from Reason 9 to 10 for those sexy new synths.

I don't really make anything listenable or productive, but I like hearing youse alls contributions.

BlueBadger

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this link should be OK since it's someone else's channel with me as a feature. It was a cover I did with another channel (I was their vocalist) just at the end of August.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guuaw5tgaws

Just something to show you guys to maybe help y'all get a sense of my flavour and what I do/sound like in case any of y'all are in need of a vocalist. Totally open to hear what you guys think about the vocal etc as well! :)

Kae

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hey! I'm currently gearing up to compose the soundtrack for my video game. I made a lot of acoustic piano & voice stuff when I was younger, and now that I'm working electronically I'm just having fun with all of the different sounds available at my fingertips lol. This is the last track I did and I have some other tunes up on that account.

Hoping to write a lot more once I get my video game more fleshed out! (It's still early in development right now.) Psyched to check out everyone's music!! The Kree Is it okay if I ask for a discord invite too?

Last edited:

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Anyone here like to spit rhymes? I've made a couple of beats and I've always wanted to hear them with vocals.

By the way, one of my favourite producers is Tokimonsta.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I was hoping to see a thread like this and now I have found it. I am not currently working on anything major but I have a little tune in pre-production I aim to use for a DOOM mapping contest entry later this year.

SonofDonCD

Oct 26, 2017
I've been a professional singer/percussionist for the past 15 years, since graduating college in 2002. Tons of performances, including some of my own music. I've been working on a full-length album. It's mostly R&B/Soul, with some Jazz influences. Nothing is mixed yet, and I still have to go in and record something on just about each track, whether it's added guitar, redo some lead vocals, or add some live horns and/or strings. In support of that, I've started up a GoFundMe, which is hard for me to promote. I'm so horrible at asking people for stuff!

But for now I'll share a sample of one song that has a preliminary mix up. It's called "Lost In", and this sample only has the 1st verse and chorus. I wrote the entire song, including the piano part, which my friend is playing an approximation of:

The Judge

Oct 26, 2017
I just started learning to play an instrument about a year ago (piano), so I'm years behind you guys. But one of my life goals is to make an album myself, so I'll be watching this thread from now on!

Will be cool to see how you guys do it, especially if as a side project/hobby

BlueBadger

Oct 26, 2017
I've been a professional singer/percussionist for the past 15 years, since graduating college in 2002. Tons of performances, including some of my own music. I've been working on a full-length album. It's mostly R&B/Soul, with some Jazz influences. Nothing is mixed yet, and I still have to go in and record something on just about each track, whether it's added guitar, redo some lead vocals, or add some live horns and/or strings. In support of that, I've started up a GoFundMe, which is hard for me to promote. I'm so horrible at asking people for stuff!

But for now I'll share a sample of one song that has a preliminary mix up. It's called "Lost In", and this sample only has the 1st verse and chorus. I wrote the entire song, including the piano part, which my friend is playing an approximation of:

Very nice, man :) really glad to see another fellow singer in here. Our styles arent too far off either! Nice to meet you!

Deleted member 10416

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dang, there are some talented people in here, same as the last place! I've come back to production after a really long layoff and I'm having a blast diving back into it. I make retro/synthwave stuff mainly. Currently use FL Studio, various softsynths (mainly Serum, Sylenth, Diva, Legend) and I have a few hardware synths as well. Looking forward to checking out everybody's stuff and griping about how fucking hard mixing is.