• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Finally got my copy today. Only booted it in handheld mode so far and holy hell is that a nice pixel soup. The twitter/YT compression didn't do it justice, must be be resolutions in the low triple digits with how chunky it is? Either way, I still find it actually quite playable and tolerable in handheld mode. Obviously not ideal but no reason not to get this version.

The tacticsplosion continues...

myzdxgbkqg.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
Finally got my copy today. Only booted it in handheld mode so far and holy hell is that a nice pixel soup. The twitter/YT compression didn't do it justice, must be be resolutions in the low triple digits with how chunky it is? Either way, I still find it actually quite playable and tolerable in handheld mode. Obviously not ideal but no reason not to get this version.

The tacticsplosion continues...

myzdxgbkqg.jpg

I've been on the fence on thia one foe quite a few weeks. I have a PC, Ps4, and a Switch that i coukd play this on but am drawn to the Switch's portablity.

How playable is it on the Switch? Is it as bad as c4itical outlets would lead you to believe?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I've been on the fence on thia one foe quite a few weeks. I have a PC, Ps4, and a Switch that i coukd play this on but am drawn to the Switch's portablity.

How playable is it on the Switch? Is it as bad as c4itical outlets would lead you to believe?
Perfectly playable. Just not pretty. The only thing I've seen that remotely affects playability is that sometimes the pickups can be difficult to spot.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
So I have a problem with the expansion on Xbox One. I own it, when I go to the store it says, "You own this product", "Product Already Installed", but when I go to the game, I can't start the new expansion, it says "Buy Seed of Evil" on that banner on the upper left.

I tried installing it again and again and again but nothing helped. The problem is when I go to Manage Manage game & add-ons" and go to "installed" list, there is the only base game. If I go to Ready to Install there is nothing there and it says "Check for Digital Purchases. We couldn't get them just now"

Tried restarting console many times, no help...

For everyone who wonders, of course, I own it, I redeemed my code earlier Today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So I have a problem with the expansion on Xbox One. I own it, when I go to the store it says, "You own this product", "Product Already Installed", but when I go to the game, I can't start the new expansion, it says "Buy Seed of Evil" on that banner on the upper left.

I tried installing it again and again and again but nothing helped. The problem is when I go to Manage Manage game & add-ons" and go to "installed" list, there is the only base game. If I go to Ready to Install there is nothing there and it says "Check for Digital Purchases. We couldn't get them just now"

For everyone who wonders, of course, I own it, I redeemed my code earlier Today.
If you read a few posts before yours, this is a known problem that they claimed to have fixed but clearly haven't. There's no solution. Contact the devs/publisher.

Here's their latest comment on this:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Loved the base game a lot, it's hard in the beginning but gets easier when you get some abilities that knock enemies out for a few turns later on, sneaking and ambushing is key.

Excited to try out the expansion when I'm done with Fire Emblem.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Btw almost all of those complaints on Twitter are from the guys who bought expansion but they were playing a base game from Gamepass. I own Base and an Expansion, that is why it was strange to me.

3.4mb update just came out. It reminded me of those .exe updates like 10-15years ago.

And it is working :)

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's the worst looking Switch game I've ever seen in handheld mode. Everything is a blurry mess. Dunno if they will make improvements, but I wouldn't recommend it in the current state.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Ok new problem.

On every cutscene, the game crashes. When i get back in the game, it starts after the cutscene.

Played it till I got back in the Ark, and I missed two interesting one :/

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Does the DLC now work on Xbox?
scroll up five posts.

Hugo August 15, 2019, 8:18am #1

Hello Stalkers!
A new patch for the XBOX version of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden and Seed of Evil is out today! You can find the patch notes below:
Changelog ( 1.12.23.155 ):
Critical Fixes
  • Fix for Treehugger crash.
  • Fix for Ground Pound crash.
  • Fixed a bug with medbot in Pripp mission which could vanish after reloading.
  • Fixed crash after Seed of Evil cutscenes.
  • Fixed possible softlock after pausing Jyko's first cinema.
Previous Changelog ( 1.12.23.44 ):
Critical Fixes
  • Failsafe for potential crash when AI is moving.
  • Fixed rare crash when travelling to the Under-Ark.
  • Fixed a bug which allowed the player to get to the ark early with the SOE pre-made save.
  • Fix for a crash when leaving the game idle for several minutes after starting a new game.
  • Fixed a bug where the achievement Zone Master wouldn't always be awarded.
Bug Fixes
  • Fix for difficulty selection bug when overwriting savegames.
  • Control pad/keyboard selection bug fixed.
  • Fix for Big Khan being able to damage himself with his own flame puke attack and the attack not hitting the full grid.
  • Joker ability no longer taunts all enemies in the map, plus some other fixes with this.
    fix for rare bug that makes the GUI vanish.
  • Pyro's damage VS preview is now consistent.
  • Fixed a bug where leaderboards would not show any records
  • Fix for 'Doctor' Artifact skill not granting the amount of health bonus as shown.
  • Fix for Artifact skill costs in Pripp's Bar.
  • Fix for med-bots revive action not being interrupted under certain conditions.
  • Fix for Magnus' Puppeteer not being interrupted under certain conditions.
  • Fix for infinite medkit pickup glitch on Sea Titans map.
  • Credits music now loops.
  • Fixed a bug where the "Select" button did not highlight when scrolling over options in the pause menu.
  • Ensured loading dice appear during long ark shop loads.
  • Lots more stability and minor level fixes.
Thank you for all the feedback and bug reports!

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this on Switch and regret it immensely. Why is the entire screen covered in vaseline? Ugh.

Really dig what the game's going for (about an hour in, so not far), but this is... not great.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Switch update:

Switch Patch (06.09.2019)
Here is the changelog for the latest patch for Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden on the Nintendo Switch:
Changelog:
New Additions:
  • Stalker Trial Leaderboards are now live on the Nintendo Switch! See if you can beat the high scores of other players.
Crash Fixes:
  • Added failsafe for potential crash when AI is moving
  • Fixed rare crash when travelling to the Under-Ark.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when leaving the game idle for several minutes after starting a new game
  • Fixed Out Of Memory crash caused by fragmentation
  • Fix for Treehugger crash.
  • Fix for Ground Pound Crash
  • Fixed an issue where a MedBot in a Pripp mission could vanish after reloading
  • Fixed crash after Seed of Evil cutscenes
  • Fixed possible softlock after pausing Jyko's first cinema
Bug Fixes:
  • Fix for difficulty selection bug when overwriting savegames.
  • Fix for Big Khan being able to damage himself with his own Flame Puke attack
  • Fix for Big Khan's Flame Puke not hitting the full grid
  • Joker ability no longer taunts all enemies in the map, plus some other fixes with this.
  • Fix for a rare bug that made the GUI vanish.
  • Pyro's damage VS preview is now consistent.
  • Fixed a bug which allowed the player to get to the ark early with the SOE pre-made save.
  • Fixed an issue where the music would stop playing
  • Fixed a bug where the achievement Zone Master wouldn't always be awarded
  • Fix for 'Doctor' Artifact skill not granting the amount of health bonus as shown.
  • Fix for Artifact skill costs in Pripp's Bar.
  • Fix for med-bots revive action not being interrupted under certain conditions.
  • Fix for Magnus' Puppeteer not being interrupted under certain conditions.
  • Fix for infinite medkit pickup glitch on Sea Titans map.
  • Credits music now loops.
  • Fixed a bug where the "Select" button did not highlight when scrolling over options in the pause menu
  • Ensured loading dice appear during long ark shop loads

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Does it fix the game looking... not good on Switch? Doesn't look like it from the notes. Honestly the reason I stopped playing it in favor of other stuff. \:

Still, stability is good.

I'll get over it one day, I guess.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Does it fix the game looking... not good on Switch? Doesn't look like it from the notes. Honestly the reason I stopped playing it in favor of other stuff. \:

Still, stability is good.

I'll get over it one day, I guess.
The day-1 patch already fixed that. There's footage in the OP. Handheld mode still has reduced effects and is lower res.

handheld shots, click for full-size. post most recent patch

EEGxcZcVAAAlRL6
EEGxcZpU8AcSw3A

left: handheld - right: docked
EEGxcZgVUAAIWWZ
EEG1K2EUwAAqrpw

EEG1K1zUYAAuyRA
EEG1K1_VUAAy--Y

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
The day-1 patch already fixed that. There's footage in the OP. Handheld mode still has reduced effects and is lower res.

handheld shots, click for full-size. post most recent patch

EEGxcZcVAAAlRL6
EEGxcZpU8AcSw3A

left: handheld - right: docked
EEGxcZgVUAAIWWZ
EEG1K2EUwAAqrpw

EEG1K1zUYAAuyRA
EEG1K1_VUAAy--Y
That's weird. I bought it way after release so I would have that patch. I'll check it out again (and look closer at those screens once I'm not on my phone), but my guess is it was improved maybe but not fixed.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
That's weird. I bought it way after release so I would have that patch. I'll check it out again (and look closer at those screens once I'm not on my phone), but my guess is it was improved maybe but not fixed.
The day-1 patch was for docked mode only, though. If you only play handheld then it probably won't do anything for your specific complaints.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
The day-1 patch was for docked mode only, though. If you only play handheld then it probably won't do anything for your specific complaints.
I only play docked. :P

On computer now lookin' at those screens. WOW it was REALLY bad before! Guess I should be thankful haha. Docked screens still look a bit smeared, though, and it looks even worse in motion. Maybe that's just a style thing and it's the same on PC? I dunno. I'm not a fan.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I only play docked. :P

On computer now lookin' at those screens. WOW it was REALLY bad before! Guess I should be thankful haha. Docked screens still look a bit smeared, though, and it looks even worse in motion. Maybe that's just a style thing and it's the same on PC? I dunno. I'm not a fan.
Well if you're just looking at the screens, consider the twitter compression adding a bot of messiness on top.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
All I ask is that they change the shining effect on pickups so they don't get lost in the pixel soup and end up looking just like the flowers. Is that too much to ask?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
dunno it was fine for me so far. not perfect but I can tell what is scrap loot and what isn't.
I've only done a couple of missions, but it was a real issue for me. I found some scrap and some items, but that's by constantly checking everything, and always being sure that I've missed some. That's literally my only complaint.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I've only done a couple of missions, but it was a real issue for me. I found some scrap and some items, but that's by constantly checking everything, and always being sure that I've missed some. That's literally my only complaint.
I've also not done much but the little twinkle stood out enough so far. I'm curious if that changes depending on the environments.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game on Xbox Game Pass. Ran poorly at times. Had a few crashes. And a terrible sound glitch on one (thankfully small) area on the last level.

But what a game. Had a blast. 9/10.

I think I'll go ahead and buy the physical Deluxe Edition to support the developers. Very much hoping for a bigger, more polished sequel.

Grandben

Nov 6, 2017
Hi, can someone please explain how the enemy health bars work? What are those shield-like icons on the right? Why can I not empty their health bars in one shot, even if my weapon does enough damage? Why does it seem like they require a finishing shot? Is it something to do with armor, or crit, or both? I'm still early in the game, getting to grips with the fight next to the downed helicopter. I had it down but the game crashed on me (Switch), not for the first time... Thanks!

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Hi, can someone please explain how the enemy health bars work? What are those shield-like icons on the right? Why can I not empty their health bars in one shot, even if my weapon does enough damage? Why does it seem like they require a finishing shot? Is it something to do with armor, or crit, or both? I'm still early in the game, getting to grips with the fight next to the downed helicopter. I had it down but the game crashed on me (Switch), not for the first time... Thanks!
A "shield" icon in these games generally refers to cover. You should've gotten a tutorial pop-up about full and half cover in the second combat encounter on your way to the Ark.

Grandben

Nov 6, 2017
A "shield" icon in these games generally refers to cover. You should've gotten a tutorial pop-up about full and half cover in the second combat encounter on your way to the Ark.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Looking around and playing a bit more, it seems the icons I was referring to are actually indicative of armor worn by enemies, which is added to their health bars.

Oct 25, 2017
This is an interesting game but it does not quite hit the xcom itch for me. I actually did not like the stealth mechanic in the end and there seemed to be emphasis on leveling with a sort of grind component to it. Just came to a weird place where I would need to backtrack just to progress... but it got me playing xcom 2 again... lol.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
still a yes, if you've looked at the OP and, for example, post 74 and go in with that information.

Sorry, I was confused by OP. Saw the pre/post patch pics but then saw the not impressive POST PATCH IMPRESSIONS (v2.0.22675) response and wasn't sure if that was the first patch or not as it wasn't numbered.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Sorry, I was confused by OP. Saw the pre/post patch pics but then saw the not impressive POST PATCH IMPRESSIONS (v2.0.22675) response and wasn't sure if that was the first patch or not as it wasn't numbered.
that was the day-1 patch and specifically about handheld mode only. I removed those impressions since they're fairly outdated and vague by now. The videos and screens speak for themselves, imo

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Looks like the Switch version isn't that great but playable. I really like playing on handheld mode especially with games like this.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
What a crazy good game. I've finally been playing it on my PS4 Pro and it looks absolutely gorgeous. There seem to be some frame rate drops but nothing too serious. The gameplay's so good... I'd definitely give it a solid 9 out of 10 so far.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Started playing this on the PS4 Pro a couple of days ago and I'm having an issue with the audio dropping out all the time. Seems to do it mostly when you enter a new area but it does happen elsewhere as well. I've made a video of the issue. Did anyone else have this problem? Not game breaking but it is annoying when it drops out when there's dialogue between the characters.