thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
Elder millennial here, turning 40 next year. I so loved my 30s, treasure those years. They go by so fast, and I'm sure my 40s will go by even faster. Slow down and take time to appreciate the small things.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I turned 30 this past May. It's aight. Honestly don't feel 30 mentally lol. I'm still a kid at heart.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I'll find out next year but I think I've gotten over the hump of dreading it and now I'm embracing it full on.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I've still got *checks clock* 12 hours and 10 minutes so let me get back to you then.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I turn 40 in 2022

I feel very lucky to have had my teens in the 1990's. Culturally it was quite rich, fun and I have a lot of happy memories.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Turned 37 last week.

AngelicCompleteCrayfish-size_restricted.gif

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I turned 30 in June.

I couldn't grow a beard if my life depended on it, so I take solace in the fact that I'm forever going to be 14.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be fine . I'll be 30 in December but it's is just a number and I hope to have a great time going forward .

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Feel the same as I did 10 years ago, only in better shape than I've ever been and career Is finally on the upswing. Spent the first half of 30 in existential dread but I've come to my senses. Bring it on.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I turned 30 last month. Gotta be honest, nothing much is any different than when I turned 21. Life feels the same.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't count since it's a leap year. We just leap right over and pretend it never happened. That's what it means right

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Turned 30 earlier this year. While I don't feel any different, it's a little jarring to be considered "old" now. Finances and future prospects for retirement are grim--considering I had a very late start to my career; also starting to get real nervous about my mortality.

Overall, doing fine I guess lol.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
28 here;

These kids blasting Lil Uzi and calling hotdogs "Glizzies" is hitting me hard.

Also my body attacks me for doing the wrong thing now, whether it be sitting in a bad posture, not going to bed early and eating fast food/sugar.

OP
OP
julia crawford

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hum why do threads have a news prefix by default? This is the second time i have a prefix by mistake...

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
I am falling apart already...

Honestly i would give myself 10 more years max and i am probably done on all fronts lol... would be pleasantly(probably) surprised if i will last more

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Turned 30 in June. Honestly until quarantine started I was feeling okay about it. 2020 was going to be a big year for me, was meant to get married in April but yeah...things haven't gone to plan

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
Another 1980 here to tell you to enjoy. I was young until about 38 and then it went downhill.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Turning 29 this year not 30 but feel better physically than I did when i was 18 and look like I'm early 20's. Getting back to a more consistent workout routine here soon as well.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
33 here. My fav. thing about turning 30 was no longer giving two shits about turning 30. Amazingly, you feel exactly the same :P

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
In my mid-30s. 20s are faster, more frenetic, more haphazard, and kinda loose & crazy at times. That's definitely something to be missed, but I've been enjoying my 30s much more. You're still very young in your 30s. If you're an active person the stamina and strength is still there (although it's requires stretching and cooldowns now haha). If you take good care of yourself, your physical appearance begins to enter that awesome blend of young and old where there are slight signs of age but a youthful undertone. There's a better chance that you are more financially stable at 30 than you were at 20. Relationships, whether you are single or not, are much more clearly defined as the bullshit of puppy love is gone.

It's just a much more grounded, yet youthful experience. Don't dread your 30s. Lean into them.

Oct 25, 2017

Indeed. 37 club as well.

BUT

To all fuckos joining us in the road to certain doom: 30 is that age where you body starts telling you it's time start stretching before working out.

Stretch, baby!

Also that beard and your full muscular final form will be achievable this decade. Lift, brothers and sisters, LIFT for glory and the world ending! LIIIIIFT!

At any rate, you're now in the not-invincible stage of life, and your health will be something worth doing the work for. So that health and fortune may be on your path.

Happy birthday, OP.

Also: lift! (If safe and doable)

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
36, turning 37 in September

Embrace your 30s, it's probably the best time in your life. Getting out of your dumbass 20s and understanding who you are is life affirming.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
My 30th was a month and a half ago.

That first week didn't feel great, especially knowing how I spent the latter half of my 29th year stuck inside. But like everything this year, everything has just turned into a routine and it all feels like nothing.

Oct 29, 2017
I've got a year to go. Man the last few years have been not great socially. I'm realizing that friends from work are now my main social space which is a shame cause I work with 3 other people remotely. College friends have scattered and I've moved so much that my past is sort of gone. Just starting to lose grandparents too which is hard.
Still despite covid, I'm doing virtual meetups for drawing clubs and improv. Once "things get back to normal" I'm getting my ass out there socially again.
Sorry I sort of rambled about me, my partner sort of ran out of advice to help atm lol.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
30s was like my 20s except i had money. but i forgoed the whole 'settling down' thing so i can see why it's catastrophic for some

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Just wait until you wake up at 40. I'm worried I'm going to adopt the political disease that older people often suffer from. I'm worried I'll wake up with a start one morning and involuntarilty yell "SEND THEM ALL BACK!".

It certainly happened to my dad.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm due in November.

I feel pretty cool about turning 30, actually, I feel like I've met my own expectations of where I should be in life by this time. I'm married, have a stable job, good income (could be so much better but I don't need to save pennies), I feel good about this. My 20s were an insane rollercoaster, I had a blast and also went through depression, and here I am, alive and well.

The key to getting old is feeling good about how much you have accomplished, working hard to meet your own expectations. Now I intend to be at a totally different place when I turn 40, it's gonna take a lot of work but it's definitely doable.

Cheers for all of us 1990 kids, best year to have been born!