• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017

I'm at work and can't check my Xbox account. My question is, where do I begin? Can I contact Microsoft cancel/refund multiple purchases?

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn congrats you got a lot of horse armour.

Seriously though. Can't you still contact your credit card issuer if the transaction is pending?

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can contact for refund

First of though why is your 3 year old playing a console with no supervision

And setting up a childs account is incredibly easy - this is only your fault

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the V-bucks!

Jokes aside, you should probably be able to refund everything if you contact support.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe they bought good stuff. You should check.

Also, hot tip: password protect your account. It's easy.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
For future reference: setup a 6 digit authorisation code for purchases. I have one just in case someone steals my Xbox.

Nov 4, 2018
I couldn't beat freaking Leap Frog games when I was 5, how the hell is a 3 year old able to operate an Xbox much less know how to make purchases?

That said, yeah, if you allow your kid to have unsupervised access to devices that allow you to buy things, you should put in parental settings to make sure they don't buy things not knowing what they're doing. The amount of horror stories involving kids wasting hundreds of dollars on games because they didn't know they were spending actual money is insane.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Can a 3 Years old kid even handle the Xbox controller well? Maybe he was pressing buttons in random.

Maybe there is tablet/surface book that connected to your Xbox account and he managed to press random clicks.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Hold that L and maybe don't leave your 3-year-old completely unattended anymore? Why is the Xbox babysitting?

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Why is your three year old playing your xbox with no supervision?

Also, not to be a dick, but you really should set up more protections before letting your child play with things like an xbox.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
First of though why is your 3 year old playing a console with no supervision

And setting up a childs account is incredibly easy - this is only your fault
What a short-sighted reply. Zero reason to question OP's parenting because this happened.

My two year old did this exact thing last year while I was at work. She wasn't actually using the fucking Xbox, she was playing around with the controller and bought a bunch of shit by pushing buttons. My wife just saw her playing with the controller, with the TV off, and didn't think about it. It only takes a few presses with all the ads and sale offers on the dash to button through multiple purchases.

I contacted Xbox and they immediately refunded. They even told me it was a fairly common occurrence.

Edit: Ahhhh here come the dogshit replies about parenting!
Hold that L and maybe don't leave your 3-year-old completely unattended anymore? Why is the Xbox babysitting?

Also, not to be a dick, but you really should set up more protections before letting your child play with things like an xbox.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
We ever gonna find out what he bought? I don't think I could spend $700 on an Xbox if I tried

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
They seem pretty speedy with refunds from my experience. Hope you got cool skins for it OP.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What a short-sighted reply. Zero reason to question OP's parenting because this happened.

My two year old did this exact thing last year while I was at work. She wasn't actually using the fucking Xbox, she was playing around with the controller and bought a bunch of shit by pushing buttons. My wife just saw her playing with the controller, with the TV off, and didn't think about it. It only takes a few presses with all the ads and sale offers on the dash to button through multiple purchases.

I contacted Xbox and they immediately refunded. They even told me it was a fairly common occurrence.

Why the hell wouldn't you have a password set up?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Maybe it was his account that was open. Maybe his wife was playing on her account, got busy for a second and the kid started pressing buttons. There is a myriad of different possibilities and assuming OP is a bad parent is one of the worst things you could take from it

Thankfully its pretty pretty easy to deal with these situations at least on xbox. They refund you quite easily and understand how this could happen.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm just imagining since apparently the OP is still at work, the kid is just continuing to run up the bill and OP is melting down. RIP OP. Bankruptcy through negligent Xbox use.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe it was his account that was open. Maybe his wife was playing on her account, got busy for a second and the kid started pressing buttons. There is a myriad of different possibilities and assuming OP is a bad parent is one of the worst things you could take from it

Thankfully its pretty pretty easy to deal with these situations at least on xbox. They refund you quite easily and understand how this could happen.
I didn't respond to the op. I was asking the other poster why he didn't have a pw set up and his child was able to pick up the controller and buy stuff. His wife wasn't playing it. The TV and Xbox were off

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Two of the most completely stupid comments I have seen on here in a while. How about you don't jump to conclusions?

My two year old loves playing with my Xbox controller and pressing all the buttons, it can be easily done. Especially when the tv is off.

Not everyone has protections and codes setup on their account.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
For fucking what? My kid is two years old, she isn't using an Xbox. It's an unnecessary step for myself. Shit happens and Microsoft understood and fixed it. I just put my controllers in a drawer now. It's a total non-issue.

What is an issue is people immediately coming in to jump on OP with assumptions.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft should give you a refund, assuming this is the first time this has happened.
They told me the refund was a one-time deal when my nephew had hit A until my account bought the game that was already being played.

It's a mistake you do once. Then you look through all the menus and set up all of the parental and security options.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Contact support and go from there. Still interested in seeing what was purchased, maybe they got you some good sale stuff OP!

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
There should be no options, you should always have to put your password in to make purchases and then these silly issues would disappear overnight

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I've had purchases password protected from the beginning, even before I had kids. I didn't want somebody to be able to steal my shit and then buy a bunch of stuff on my account to boot. Having children or their ages is irrelevant to this conversation...you should lock your purchasing capabilities, period.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah man, the image I get from this thread is of a 3 year old baby eating cheetos, drinking Dew, playing XBOX while home alone - also home has no doors because OP sold them for drugs - in the worst part of town - which is actually an unknown town in the only post apocalyptic place on earth.

Glad you got this sorted Super Barrier .

People that were aggressive to the OP: Don't worry, your life will get better someday.

Oct 30, 2017

Hasn't happened to me yet man, and OP, but good lord people without kids don't realize how easy this is to happen haha.

Hindsight 20/20 always about 2 step authentication, but that isn't what was asked is how to rectify in the future, dude is just asking because he is shatting about the dollar and how to fix.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's been a very long time since I bought something on Xbox but how can it be that easy by just pressing buttons? Assuming the kid is just hammering the "A" button wouldn't you have to go through an "Are You Sure" screen where you have to select yes or no with the default being no? I could have sworn that's how it used to be back in the day.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

the problem is this shouldn't be a common thing. There are controls to avoid this. I hope you lock down other devices and accounts too as this is a huge waste of time for all involved including yourself.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
What a stupid reply. Do you really think he just fucked off and left his 3 year old sitting on the couch with a headset on playing Fortnite?

Take the L on that post bud.
No, I think that whoever OP left his child with is leaving his kid unattended long enough to make >$700 in purchases and he should probably check in with them and find out what's up before his kid ends up doing something actually dangerous while on his own.