• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Spider-Man is one of my favourite characters and Im currently reading through the Ultimate Spider-Man comic books with Miles. I loved the first game and basically every movie.

One thing I've been beginning to notice when Miles is present in different forms of media is that he's followed by a kick ass soundtrack - or visually they show music with or around Miles. Examples for this is the Into the Spider-verse movie. In which Miles is followed by a great soundtrack, it even has him singing Sunflower at the beginning of the movie. Ganke also listens to similar music and the movie is filled with a great soundtrack.

In the comic books Im reading there aren't a focus per se on music, but there's multiple panels where the concept of music is present, wether if its headphones, notes, etc.

If we take a look at Spider-Man PS4's reveal trailer (or any trailer what so ever for that matter) it has focus on voice, and epic, orchestral music. But in Spider-Man Miles Morales, it has voice, transitioned into On My Own by Jaden, a song I personally love.
This makes me hope that Miles has an option to listen to music while swinging around New York. Think instead of JJJ podcasts, you have a kick ass soundtrack that you can turn on and off pretty much whenever you want. Its kind of like a radio in open world games

Don't know if anyone agrees with me, but overall Spider-Man on PS4 is so good that I have no doubt in my mind that Miles will be similar in quality, but I'd for sure love it if Miles has music built into his suit.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Only if I have the option of music, like let me listen to 90's hip hop instead of today's hip hop. I want my Mile's to have good taste.

Do it like a GTA radio station selection. Doubt they would do that for a $40 game though.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
you could technically do this already, just mute the sound and play music via your ps4 app

Was webswinging to the jpn Spiderman OP and the 90's Spiderman OP and it was great

Dyergram

Nov 26, 2017
That's a great point that I hadn't thought of. I wouldn't hold my breath in that regard based on the original I think only the gta games and hotline Miami have music that I would actually listen to.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
SMH
Found the hot take.
888.jpg

Nothing wrong with modern rap/hip-hop. Smh.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Good music is going to be a necessity, ngl, but I'm also gonna be pretty demanding regarding the treatment of Miles' non-whiteness and his relationship with the cops. Usually I'd be extremely pessimistic but Evan Narcisse's involvement makes me slightly less so.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I'm skeptical we'll have any music other than the original score. But from the vibes of the trailer, God, I wish.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
My biggest wish for the game is for meaningful side content that isn't straight out of 2009

This, pretty much. Spider-Man's story was one of the greatest things I have played this generation, and I absolutely loved it (to the point where Miles Morales is a system seller for me). But oh boy, did I not enjoy most of the side content (and outright hated the Screwball challenges). It did really feel like standard fare superhero side stuff from two generations ago, and stood out like a sore thumb compared to how excellent everything about the main story was.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I don't know man, if they do I hope it doesn't replace JJJ's podcast, I loved that in the first one.

The only thing I want is a great Aaron Davis characterization like in Spider-Verse.
And most importantly, the introduction of Gwen Stacy as a friend/love interest to Miles.
Come on Insomniac, we need the three spiders !

I'm also gonna be pretty demanding regarding the treatment of Miles' non-whiteness and his relationship with the cops. Usually I'd be extremely pessimistic but Evan Narcisse's involvement makes me slightly less so.

I get you but I'd really doubt they'll tackle this subject since, well, Miles dad is a cop.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Good music is going to be a necessity, ngl, but I'm also gonna be pretty demanding regarding the treatment of Miles' non-whiteness and his relationship with the cops. Usually I'd be extremely pessimistic but Evan Narcisse's involvement makes me slightly less so.

Seriously, seriously doubt Insomniac want to go anywhere near this topic with a barge pole.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
His dad was a cop. He prolly got a solid relationship with them. And it ain't like they know he's black under that mask, they'll most likely just assume he's the normal Spider-Man.