• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Does your cat turn off your console? Cause my friend's cat has done it before while playing he was playing with me.

Hilarious to hear his name being shouted and then an immediate disconnect.

Marin-Lune

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever my cat used to interrupt my gaming session I made sure to give it enough attention that it would curl up in my lap and settle until it eventually fell asleep. I got so used to it I started to forget he was there, so he always scared the living shit out of me with his REM sleep twitching.

Had him since I was 5, sadly he passed away last fall at 21 years old. Nothing will ever replace him, and I'm sure I'll never be gifted with a better pet for the rest of my life.

R.I.P Buster, 1997-2018

vBkvn1U.jpg
Have to say, what a gorgeous cat he was! Love black cats so much.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Adapt. Maybe my cat bites my arm occasionally while I play again because I moved but that was my fault for stepping out of line.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Make some clear rules. When it is gaming time don´t allow the cat inside the room. It´s your time, my cat started to respect it. After a while I let him in back again but if I am sitting at my desk or couch with a controller he has his own little pillow to sit on.

Now he automatically gets to the pillow.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
The pictures in this thread, holy shit <3

And 1997-2018 is one hell of a stretch. Kitty must've loved that poster to stick around for so long :)

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
Also here is a place where I can confess

I have spoiled children to the bone, but my cat has AirPods I gave him hahah

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
My cat is constantly following me around and will seize every opportunity to climb on me from November to March, when it's cold. She even sits near the PC to be warm.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
This is why having a pause feature in your game is important developers!

Whenever a situation like this develops I usually try to find a good place to pause and then just spend a solid 10 minutes doing whatever the cat wants (throw toy, pets, follow them to look at birbs). After that, they get bored with me and let me resume whatever.

Marauder

Nov 1, 2017
I have two black cats and as soon I have pick up the controller they come over for cuddles and attention. The younger one Leia, basically trolls me and either knocks my hand and messes up my inputs or lays on my hands/controllers. They're both adorable though so I always give in and give them fusses first.

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Put the cat in another room, close the door, problem solved. Remember: the cat is your pet, not the opposite

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
My old cat used to climb on top of my PS2 to get my attention whenever I was playing. She would climb into the cabinet with it and lie behind it glaring at me. That stopped when I got a PS3 and it was too big to climb around. Then she moved on to sitting in my lap while I was playing where she'd nap. A month or so before she passed away from cancer I found her curled up next to my PS4, like old times. I still miss her.... I need another cat.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
One of my cats likes to watch me play video games. She especially likes loading screen animations, the ones at the corner of the screen.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My cat is mesmerised by waves in games and sometimes attacks cursors on the screen.

But, if you can't beat em, join em...

5CE4351453D14DD985DC.jpeg

0998F18EFAFF44E7987F.jpeg

F99EA1E506924E448A72.jpeg

pqvqs

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
My dog is pretty chill. He loves playing fetch, but usually he plays a lot during the day, so when it's play time at night he often will either sleep on the sofa next to me or lay down on the floor, so I can rub his belly with my feet.

But there this one time, when my wife was taking care of a friend's dog that was really funny. It liked his petting on the head quite a lot, so he would push his head against my hand, once he even managed to take it off the controller and put on his head. That cute bastard. Had to play while hugging him.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
If I play with my legs stretched the female cat will likely lie on my lap (unless the missus's lap is available...), and the male one will try rub his head on my handhelds when I'm playing those, but other than that they're cool.

But of course, two cats, so they can always play with one another.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
My dog is fine with me playing regular games, but if I play VR for too long he gets anxious and tries to get my attention by barking, howling or gently pushing my legs with his front paws.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Under the United Nations, it is a crime against humanity to post a pet thread without pics of your pet.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My cat used to love sitting in front of the tv when I played. Eventually I just moved the tv as forward as I could on the tv stand so she couldn't have space to sit in front of it but then she'd go behind the tv and play with all the cables back there. Not a good idea.
Eventually she just stopped doing it though.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
My cat literally waits until difficult sections in games to request attention. I'll be playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey for hours, and she'll mind her own business while I'm exploring.

The second I step into the arena with a mythical creature that's above my level though? Now she needs to jump in my lap and rub her head on my hands.

Last edited:

Click

Nov 22, 2017
My literally waits until difficult sections in games to request attention. I'll be playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey for hours, and she'll mind her own business while I'm exploring.

The second I step into the arena with a mythical creature that's above my level though? Now she needs to jump in my lap and rub her head on my hands.

She knows you need some of her paw bean magic to beat the creature, and that you had it under control up until then. Helpful kitty is helpful!

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
This is, and I'm being serious, one of my cats cuddling up after climbing through my collar into my sweater while I'm trying to heal peeps in FF XIV. I have no idea where she learned this but now she's doing it all the time.

Spoiler nobody died.

IMG_20190712_131037316.jpg

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Every time I try to play video games at home, my cat wants attention. I understand that the poor thing doesn't get to see me much between my classes and practice, but she really is quite a handful. I usually end up playing with her more than the Playstation! Does anyone else have pets? Do they let you play games?
I feel for you. Back when I had a cat, she would prance around in front of my TV. It was online play so I could not stop like usual to give it the fullest attention but I have to say I miss that love. Usually she wanted food or to be let out so she knew the way to grab my attention is to jump in front of my TV and meow LOL.

It's a good problem to have.

Nov 2, 2017
There should be something in the rules that say you have to supply pics if you make threads like this. Anyway, I have a cat that does that exact thing, I just let her get comfortable on me.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Same OP. My cat whines and cries for me to
play with her when I get home. Sometimes I'm completely beat and out of it and just need to sit down and relax. She loves to he chased and to chase me so it can be exhausting, especially if I plan to go to the gym after.

And when she does let me play, she has to be in my bubble too. Not that I mind.
jyb6vgg.jpg

M5ftwgM.jpg

Last edited:

Faithless

Oct 27, 2017
Now imagine my (gaming) life with 10+ cats in the house (don't ask, long story).

Whenever my cat used to interrupt my gaming session I made sure to give it enough attention that it would curl up in my lap and settle until it eventually fell asleep. I got so used to it I started to forget he was there, so he always scared the living shit out of me with his REM sleep twitching.

Had him since I was 5, sadly he passed away last fall at 21 years old. Nothing will ever replace him, and I'm sure I'll never be gifted with a better pet for the rest of my life.

R.I.P Buster, 1997-2018

vBkvn1U.jpg
What a beautiful boy. Rest In peace.
I feel your pain, I lost 2 cats 1 month ago. I wished they lived for so long... :(
By the way, I do the same, I can't ignore them.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This is, and I'm being serious, one of my cats cuddling up after climbing through my collar into my sweater while I'm trying to heal peeps in FF XIV. I have no idea where she learned this but now she's doing it all the time.

Spoiler nobody died.

IMG_20190712_131037316.jpg
So cute.

MrSaturn99 Check this topic.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/catera-ot-share-your-pics-read-our-tips-ask-any-questions.75645/

Also this awesome clip I saw recently.

Chiramii At least you had him until 21. That's old.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Our cats just have a strong desire to hop onto our lap whenever we sit down to watch TV / play on the console. Especially the lady-cat; It's no big deal though, i just rest the controller on her.

x9thGi7.jpg

You came to the wrong nyabourhood, meowtherfucker!

My cat is mesmerised by waves in games and sometimes attacks cursors on the screen.

But, if you can't beat em, join em...

F99EA1E506924E448A72.jpeg

Look Simba. Everything the light touches is our kingdom.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
I've always found that managing a relationship with a pussy while wanting to play games is difficult.